See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My family of 4 stayed from July till Nov 2012 while in transition to a new home. Carlos and his wife made our stay comfortable. They always have a smile. They kept the hotel clean,safe and affordable. Very attentive to our needs and requests. Thank you for having us.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank cherrynerge
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had a very good stay. The service was very good, the room was very clean, quiet, and the staff's attention to detail was excellent. The location is within walking distance to the beach and the neighborhood has several nice restaurants. I will stay here again and recommend this location to others.

Room Tip: I had a kitchenette room. Although I did not use it, it would be excellent for most other stays.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Price is a tad high, but I really liked the room. You could have fit a third double bed in the room! Parking lot is a bit small. The breakfast was even smaller. But since the room had a stove in it you can make up for they do not provide. We watched the sunset over the ocean from our room, ordered pizza in because we were tired. The beds were not the most comfy but better then the Days Inn from the night before. The outlet near the kitchen sink in our room sparked. I told the manager, though he seemed uninterested.

Breakfast; coffee, juice, packaged muffin/danish, bread for toast. No decaf anything. No discounts, no memberships.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ROSully
abvipacifica101, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear guest: :ROSully
We remember you! Thanks for letting us know about the damaged outlet. It was fixed by our maintenance man the same day. We appreciate your positive comments about the room size and our beautiful views. Many guests like our beds, but we have recently replaced some that did not meet our standards. Perhaps you were given a room with a bed that was nearly ready to be replaced. Please notify us of any problems in future and we’ll correct them during your stay so you can have the best possible experience. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This place is permeated with the smell of yesterday's curry dinner. It is a dirty dump. I would NEVER go barefoot in this room! The bed was uncomfortable with springs which poked all night, the wall paper torn, the light switch in the bathroom needs to be re-installed as one of the switches was not flush with the plate, the towels were snagged and thin, the windows look like they have never been washed and hysterically they installed the shower curtain rod so instead of arcing outside of the tub to give you more room in the shower, the arc is on the bottom like a smile. The refrigerator is also very noisy and sounds like a jet taking off, intermittently, all night long. Our room faced the frontage road and freeway so was very noisy. There were no ocean views here! We did not even stay for breakfast as the curry smell was so overpowering that it could not possibly be enjoyable. Do not stay here...keep driving, you will be happy you did!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna S
abvipacifica101, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for giving us your comments. Your comments are used to make improvements to our Inn and provide you with the best experience possible. I am a little surprise about your experience with our beds as we recently purchased new furniture, including new beds for all of our rooms. Painting, carpeting and other renovations have also been completed. I am sorry that you were not happy with our accommodations and apologize for conditions that you describe.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I'm surprised at some of the clean remarks about this hotel because that is not what I found. Maybe it is dependent on the room or whom cleaned the room. Definitely do not stay here if it's a prolong stay or traveling with kids. We needed to obtain a government rate and this is the only place providing that rate, within Pacifica. We stayed there 4 nights. Each night was more horrible than the next. My boy picked up so much crap off the floor, eventually something he picked up made him throw up. He threw up on the comforter and I took it off, plus put it on the floor to be replaced. I found that they put it back on the bed. There was mold on the bathroom window and on the shower curtain. An inch of dust on the floor behind the bed. Fridge was not cleaned when we checked in. The worst part, me and my son got scabies. If anyone has ever had scabies, it sucks and it is very time consuming to get rid of. We have to treat the whole family and it's not fun trying to treat a 1 and 3 year old. We notified San Mateo County about this health concern. It's cheap for a reason and I definitely would not recommend it, especially if you have no tolerance for dirtiness.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ngim

First let me apologize for the experience you encountered there is no excuse for the conditions that you describe. We appreciate your comments and use them to provide valuable training for our employees and we continuously strive to provide them with the tools and training that they need to improve your lodging experience. Please know that we are taking steps to make sure that the conditions that you have described do not reoccur in our lodging facility.