See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I've stayed here twice. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, bathroom clean. The halls and public spaces (such as they are) are very basic. Obviously no money was spent to make the motel look or feel appealing. The people who run the place live in an apartment behind the plastic (bullet proof?) window that protects the desk. You have to ring a bell to get them to come out. There is no small talk or any effort to suggest they are interested to see you or want to welcome you. On the other hand, everything is very efficient. My first visit I was running late and called ahead to be sure the room would still be available, and they told me not to worry, it was fine whenever I arrived.

Our last visit, my wife left part of her electric toothbrush in the bathroom. She called and they had it and said they could return it if she would sent a prepaid package for them to use. This was kind of inconvenient. Obviously we expect to pay for them to mail it, but if they cared to be a little friendly, they would simply mail it themselves and charge our credit card.

First visit we took one of the bedroom suites, which is located on the back side, facing the ocean, which is several blocks away. The suite has a kitchen, but there are no pots or pans or plates, I assume you would have to ask at the desk. Second visit we took a less expensive room, which does have a fridge and microwave, but those smaller bedrooms all face the freeway, which is right across the street, so we're dealing with car noise. Fortunately, highway 1 is pretty deserted at night.

Breakfast is very minimal. We had brought our own coffee and wanted just hot water, but they didn't even have that, just one pot of their coffee (we used the microwave to heat water).

Room Tip: Get the bedroom suites that are on the back side, away from freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
abvipacifica101, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to offer thorough comments. We carefully read and review all guest comments and use them as we improve. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at a great price, and we believe we do that. If we fell short of meeting your expectations, however, I sincerely apologize. We take great pride in this property since we live on site, as you have indicated, and do whatever is necessary to satisfy guests. We’re sorry you weren’t completely satisfied, but you can be sure these comments are valuable to us. I hope you’ll be staying with us again.

Sincerely,Carlos
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had a fine couple of nights staying at this hotel. The price was great, the room was fine and clean, everything worked in the room, bed was clean, easy check in, safe area, peaceful night... fridge/freezer, microwave, desk... there was wifi but it was a little slow. It was all good though. :)

Room Tip: I had a room facing the highway - not sure but having a room facing the west may have been quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thea226
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel was a great relief from our last vacation stay (see: Rodeway Inn, Monterey!). It was in a quiet part of town, although the freeway was nearby. The room was clean and confortable. I checked for bed bugs per some of the other reviews, and gladly found none. The desk manager was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I slept in the hotel only one night before the flight. In this single night, I have got bitten by the bed bugs (Bettwanzen in German). Will never ever stay there again. Was not cheap at all! Took it because it is 25 min till San Francisco international airport. Breakfast is of American style, too sweet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
abvipacifica101, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thanks for taking time to comment. We have professional exterminators who visits our property each month and we pride ourselves in a clean, hygienic environment. Perhaps the insect bites came from a visit to one of the nearby parks. We are also pleased to offer an array cereals for those who don’t like sweet breakfasts. We hope you will try those next time you visit our America’s Best Value Inn. In any case, we apologize that your stay wasn’t perfect in every way and look forward to welcoming you to our property again. Our Pacifica, CA hotel is here for you anytime you need us.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We chose this as our first stop on a Cali Road trip. We wanted somewhere a short drive from the airport with a beach for a walk and a decent nights sleep and not pricey
Pacifica is an interesting small town and we enjoyed our walk after our long travel. There are only a couple of restaurants and I think one bar near by.
The hotel is as basic as what we expected. Though dated it was clean and roomy. The welcome was unfriendly and the room had the main light removed - like a DIY job -the switch was there but the light wasn't. There was a coffee maker in the room and bathroom products. The towels were clean and fresh but worn
Breakfast was toast and Danish pastries in the lobby.
Check out again was unfriendly
If I was doing this again I'd book in further down the coast at Rockaway where there was a bit more life.
I would not recommend for more than a night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, we appreciate your feedback. I apologize that you were accidentally placed in a room that needed repairs. If you experience problems in the future, please report them right away so we can move you to another room or take other actions. We have recently reviewed our staff and have made some staffing changes, so we hope to be able to provide more courteous service in the future. Our goal is to be friendliest hotel in Pacifica, CA and also offer the best value. We hope you choose America’s Best Value Inn next time you’re in town. We’re improving every day.