“Good food and good atmosphere”
Review of Surf Spot - CLOSED

Surf Spot
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Pacifica to avoid some of the tourists in San Francisco and read the reviews for this place so we stopped in. We ordered two pizzas and they were delicious. One with all meat and one with pepperoni and avacado. Three people shared two pizzas and still had left overs. We also tried the chicken wing apps - great flavor wish they were more to an order. We ate for $40 plus tip. Not bad for such a good meal! Would recommend.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have been here several times. The food has been variable. I had the kale salad a few times, this time it was mostly a lot of kale and not much else. I read a review that there were too many red onions, this time, not enough for our tastes, and could have had more mint, The spicy chicken drummette appetizers were excellent, spicy and crispy. t was a Sunday evening and at first the place was packed and noisy. Later it cleared out more and we could chat. The service was good and they didn'rt rush us at all. Next time I won't order salad, I am dyng to try their pizzas.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband, two kids and I walked over to this place from the Holiday Inn Express across Hwy. 1. We wanted to sit outside, but immediately the kids got cold and started whining to go inside. We really wanted to be outside because that is where they had music, volleyball, etc. The waitress brought us blankets for the kids! She totally saved dinner--which was awesome, BTW. My husband got the Five Spice Chicken Salad, which was so tasty. I got the Polynesian Fire Chicken, which was also fabulous. The kids got quesadillas, and everyone was happy!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The idea of this destination restaurant is great. Lots of people having fun in a casual setting on the coast. But the food, which is a bit pricey is only average. Their Bolognese sauce was creamy, instead of a dark, rich tomato-meat sauce (if you want a good Bolognese go to Luigi's). The kale salad was good except for all the sliced red onion, almost a fourth of the salad. The Caesar salad had a strip of bacon plopped on top. They seem preoccupied with garnishes here, even ones that don't make any sense.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

A friend brought me here. What a wonderful restaurant. Their beer selection was outstanding and yes I did try a couple new ones I'd not had before. The menu is quite varied and good. I had a great pizza while my friend had seafood (bass I think?) that was also great. We finished off with a good dessert -- I forget it's name but it was kinda like creme brullee with a citrus/pineapple taste that wasn't over powering.

This is a great addition to Pacifica. Too bad it was not there when I lived in Pacifica!