“Tea - done right!”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Tea - done right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Tea connessieurs as well as those just looking for a charming spot to enjoy a relaxing cuppa need to head to Lovey's in Pacifica.
The service is gracious and the food is great. Best scones I have had in America - served with Devon cream and tasty nibbles.
Definitely worth the scenic drive there. Book ahead though - this place is popular!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank robbgb1

Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“A really sweet escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

...forget all the mundane pressures of today as one steps into Lovey's tea shoppe with its 1940's whimsy & tranquility. Everything from the pale buttery painted walls, to the antique (or not) brie brae is designed to bring one's blood pressure down a notch. The food is delish! (I had the high tea with the pear/Stilton and roast beef/horseradish sandwiches...the scone, however, was my favorite!)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Christine C
San Mateo, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“tea great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very cute place! Excellent scones! Wonderful sandwiches! Delicious tea! Super petit fours! Our waitress gave very Good service. Wonderful Birthday Celebration!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gail B
Pacifica, California, United States
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

This place does a great job, the atmosphere is wonderful, very relaxing. The service is excellent.
They have a variety of teas. It is very close to the beach at Rockaway. I liked the quiche.
We have gone more then once, and will go again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Barry J
San Francisco, California
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've always wanted to go to Lovejoy's in San Francisco, but I never made it. A short time ago, they opened a sister restaurant in Pacifica. I called the day before and got a reservation for my birthday. There were four of us. Our table was ready and set beautifully with mismatched but complementary collections of old tea cups and china. The presentation of the food was lovely, and we were given quite a choice. I have not enjoyed a full tea in some time, but this was marvelous. Everything was extremely fresh and tasty. The scones are magnificent as is their own brand of lemon curd. There were about 1 dozen tea sandwiches from which to choose. Terrific. My tiered plate included organic salad greens and balsamic dressing, cole slaw, a scone AND a crumpet, and a small cookie, two quartered sandwiches ( I had the egg and onion, as well as the pear and stilton cheese.), and a generous assortment of cut fruit. I also received a wonderful petit four and of course, a pot of tea. One of my fellow diners ordered the Healthy Tea. It was presented on a beautiful platter with a salad, smoked salmon, hummus, and I don't remember what else, but it was gorgeous, and she ate every bit. I don't know how the restaurant does this in such a small space, but I'm sure glad they do. I will return again. What a delightful place to visit with friends. Oh, and our table was reserved for two full hours for us. A Great day.

• Visited September 2013