“Family get away”
Review of Pacifica Motor Inn

Pacifica Motor Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Pacifica
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stay here year after year and really like the motel. But!!!!! Now the microwave caught on fire in our room.!!! I called the front desk and they could care less. So , we had to make a trip to McDonald's. I am so upset, I have given this motel stars for years and now they give me the biscuit. Won't stay here ever!!!@

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Daril C

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We checked in late evening after our flight got delayed at SFO!!! I was already upset I couldn't get on my flight but when I got to the hotel the gal that check me and was nice and pleasant I understand when ur by the beach the salt in the air and moisture does a toll to the hotel the room was great for the price woke up to a nice view of the beach!!!!!! Now this is my fourth time leaving the hotel at 7am to catch my next flight I travel for business as long as I feel comfortable I'll keep coming back!!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Chiragdayal18
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Not a new motel by any means, but we had a view of the water from our room. Because it was Pumpkin Festival weekend in Half Moon Bay, lodging was almost impossible to find. The price here was fair, we could walk to the beach if we had wanted to, and it was a central location for us. It was quiet, which was nice. The parking did leave something to be desired, especially with folks who overestimate the size of their vehicles and take more than one space. We were there for two nights, were able to sleep, and would say it is okay if you're not looking for luxury on the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NWWildTurtle
Reviewed 29 September 2013

You can tell this whole area has gone downhill. This hotel is dated, the rooms need a total remodel. I would not recommend this at all. The mattress was lumpy and caved in. They could do a little work and it would be ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valley2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We made some last minute reservations for this hotel with some family friends over a holiday weekend. We arrived late, but we were quickly checked in and into our rooms. The first problem we encountered was there was not enough parking for the hotel's guests and street parking was very limited.The room size was very good and it accommodated our large family, once we had the aerobed we brought pumped up. The decor was a bit dated, but the room seemed clean and in general good repair. The beds were like rock, however. Even my wife, who normally likes a firmer mattress, had a hard time sleeping. It was a long night of tossing and turning, but we made it through. The Internet access was spotty at best, even though the signal was fine in our room. I think next time we would pay a little more to try the Holiday Inn Express or Best Western across the street. On check-out, the manager hardly acknowledged me and never made eye contact. He didn't thank us for our stay or ask how it was. We probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BigD_CA
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel is situated in quite a nice location, one street back from a small bay with cliff walks in either direction, and a short drive to local shops & restaurants. If you don't want to venture far to eat, the nearby Sea Breeze Motel has a restaurant.

The staff were very frindly and welcoming but the hotel itself is in need of a little redecorating both inside and out. I was somewhat put-off on arrival to find the stairs to the upper floors littered with cigarette ends and sweet wrappers - this was at 3pm so clearly hadn't been swept since the day before, but was done later that afternoon. Our room was somewhat drab and the matress should have been replaced a while ago. Also, the cleaning could have been a bit better - I don't particularly like to find previous guests' body hair in the bathroom - but the bedding was fine.

All in all, the hotel was perfectly adequate for our overnight stay but I'd probably choose somewhere else if staying longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Based on appearances, the rooms haven't been updated since the 70's and bring a hair dryer since the contraption they provide comes from that era as well. But if you are looking for a cheap, clean room in a good location near the beach, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelley_Milo_IA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacifica
Best Western Plus Lighthouse Hotel
#2 of 8 in Half Moon Bay
Harbor View Inn
Harbor View Inn
#8 of 8 in Half Moon Bay

Been to Pacifica Motor Inn? Share your experiences!