This was a great place to spend the week. As with most Marriott's the customer service we experienced during our stay the week of May 11th was top notch.
Stayed at the Enclaves, villa overlooked the 15th hole. Pleasant views 24/7! We had coffee on our patio every morning and enjoyed the stillness of the day. Loved the appliances, they suited our needs just fine. The kitchen came equipped with a blender and an automatic ice maker in the freezer, made some quick frozen cocktails in the mid day after a few hours at the pool.
They had out pool cards at the front desk when you check in. If you and another person are heading to the pool make sure you take two cards. They make no exceptions if you want another towel (one towel does not cover the lounge chair well enough for our needs). While this is a cost saving measure we were happy to oblige. If you run out of pool cards (we did on Day 3) , just head to the front desk and they will give you more.
If you are looking to have your room serviced the room attendants would make their way to our area around 3pm-5pm. So if you are looking to get your room serviced earlier you may want to make a request at the front desk to see if they can assist with your request. We would just exchange towels every two days and have them empty our trash.
The villas came equipped with a washer and dryer.
We arrived late at night due to issues with our aircraft out of two cities. When we got there the front desk staff could feel our pain. All we wanted was a place to hang our head. They were so pleasant to talk to and said to us "You arrived safely and are here with us so enjoy"...which is what we needed to hear at that time. Yes, we are on vacation so chill!
They also have a physical fitness "jungle gym" for adults in the back of the Enclaves. We used it most of the mornings. It was fun to see if we could do an extra set of squats or one more pull up than the day before. Great way to stay motivated while on vacation.
I just wish there were more walking trails. We did a no-no and ventured out onto the golf course. We were escorted off the cart path shortly there afterward. One note to the hotel, while I understand it's for safety (for us not to use the golf cart path) could you perhaps have more walking trails near by? While the resort was not too busy during the week walking in the road just didnt seem to safe for us, especially on the busy weekends when some cars seem to speed at the light of sound compared to others. One road had a marking "Walking/Jogging Path" but that was all. There is some remodeling going on so part of one road is tight with cars.
This was a great resort to unwind and recharge the batteries. Got to love the desert heat where you can have a glass of ice and no condensation develops while enjoying natures vitamin D (with a SPF 50 lathered on your body course).
We went to this resort at the perfect time. The high season started to wind down so the resort was quiet during the week. We didnt mind the 100 degree days at all! Pleasant change from our winter of 2013-2014. Just wish we could have brought that weather back with us in our luggage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California's magnificent mountain ranges serve as the breathtaking backdrop for Marriott's Shadow Ridge II-The Enclaves. Spacious two-bedroom villas overlook rolling fairways and sparkling lakes weaving throughout the landscape. Beautiful master suites feature a king bed while the separate living and dining areas and fully equipped kitchen offer convenience and comfort. Swing by the Faldo Golf Institute by Marriott and then try your luck on the championship course. Then relax at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill. Recreational activities include a pool, whirlpool spas, children's pool and waterslide, tennis courts, activity center and game room, 24-hour fitness center with steam room and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Ii- The Enclaves Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves Palm Desert, California Desert