“Nice business place to stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Oceanside, California
“Nice business place to stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nice place to stay when in town for business. Close to food places across the street. Easy access to I-10. Quiet at night. Just working people staying there during the week. Breakfast was not that good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

As a Choice Privileges member I have stayed in quite a few Comfort Suites, Quility Inns, and Comfort Inns. This ranks as the second worse "Comfort Suites" I have ever stayed in. It starts with the lobby, as soon I walked in I knew not to expect much. The elevator was dirty and had a few cracked tiles, the hallway carpet was dirty with 8 inch holes! No AC in the lobby or hallways. The room was large with a nice new flat screen tv. The AC and fridge were extremely loud. Bathtub looked as if it needed a good scrubbing. The bed was clean and comfortable. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful, no complaints there. Bottom line, this Comfort Suites needs a major renovation, top to bottom. The Choice Hotels chain used to be very dependable and consistent but, over the past couple years they have become hit and miss. In the future, I won't be making a reservation unless it's a Choice Hotel that I know from recent experience. One thing for sure, I won't stay in the Palm Desert Comfort Suites again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Paul W
Atwater, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here on my way to Phoenix. Was not disappointed in the room or the amenities. The hotel is a little off the beaten path but seems to be in a safe area near shopping and dining and within a few hundred yards of I-10..The only negative thing I would have to say is when I made the reservation online I had requested a first floor room to avoid going up stairs. It worked out alright as the hotel had an elevator but I was somewhat disappointed that the staff did not even offer a first floor room upon my arrival. Again, not a big issue and it would not keep me from staying here on future trips.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was our 2nd stay. We spent 2 nights @ the hotel visiting relatives on a B'day venue and were greeted again by Daniel @ at the front desk. Coming from that branch and having a husband in a wheelchair, we appreciate a friendly welcome and Daniel knows how to make you feel right a@ home. He is doing his job - a & b -.
I would like to mention also Molly from breakfast service (good selection and loking forward again to the waffles) who also is doing a great job helping us and cleaning up.
The room was nice and big and could use a better cleaning!!!
Haven't used the outside, to windy.
We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Calabasas, California
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this hotel. We were visiting friends that have a home nearby and wanted to stay at a hotel not at their home. We just needed a nice comfortable place to sleep. We were very surprised when we were greeted at the front desk, by a very polite and friendly young man named Daniel. He did everything he could to make our stay pleasant and truly succeeded. We've stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels and seldom get such wonderful service.
The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. A nice breakfast and good coffee made our stay very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 29 April 2014

For the most part, this hotel was really nice. Only the pool area was lacking and no ice machine on third floor. The room was spacious, the breakfast was good with a large selection of choices, but Daniel at the front desk made the experience!!! He went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed and even got us late check out. Daniel ROCKED!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stay here every time in palm Desert. like the area, especially the sports bar across the street. pretty much central to our activities, especially our trips to the out let stores at Cabazon, Preimum outlets. This time we had a few minor problems. One large cockroach, and ant in the bath. my wife was bitten in the foot some time Friday night to Saturday morning when we left to return to Phoenix. Dr not sure what is was, possible spider. always had an excellent time. these problems kinda let us down as to weather we should stay again. Ginny, our check in desk person was extremely nice and friendly. always has met us with a smile and a welcome back. she is one reason we keep coming back. will have to take a second look next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok. we like ours close to ice machine. wonder why? don't go when there are large...