My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Westin with our almost 2 year old son. We absolutely loved our experience! For us the following were highlights:
Room: The room was beautiful. We had the deluxe one bedroom and it was very spacious, almost like a condo. It had a full kitchen, with oven/stove. It was stocked with everything we needed to prepare meals. Loved the starbucks coffee as well. With a little one, making meals is a lot easier for us, so we went to the local trader joe's (just a few miles away) and purchased groceries for our stay and made numerous meals in our room. The kitchen is large and felt like home. We also took advantage of the numerous grills throughout the property. We grilled two nights of our stay, the grills are large and very nice. Note, we found our grill utensils under the sink, I don't think they had ever been used. The bed was comfortable and our balcony on the small side, but more then adequate. We ate many meals outside. We were in building 18 which was perfect, it overlooked the pools which was fun. Our room was very quiet, clean and comfortable. Would not hesitate to stay here again.
Property: It is expansive, this didn't bother us at all, even with a little one. We enjoyed walking the property and seeing the golf course. It is all walkable in 5-10 minutes. Everything about the property is perfectly manicured and lovely. We spent an evening at the main building/pool and enjoyed drinks/aps at Agave. We purchased the smores packet one night and had a blast with that! What a fun feature! Our son loved this as well. For $6 we received enough ingredients for two days of smores. Fun!
Pool: We loved all of the pool options. We spent most of our time at the pools outside our building (18) and they were perfect for us. We felt like we were the only ones at the pool some days. The kid pool was perfect for our almost 2 year old. He could walk in comfortably and the water temp was just right. The larger pool was also nice, not too deep and the basketball hoop was fun for adult games of horse.
Staff: Again, all staff we encountered were so friendly and helpful. I forget the name of the woman at the pool (so sorry), however she was so kind to our family. She made our son a special smoothy and always greeted us with a smile and conversation. The staff at Agave were equally as nice. They chatted with us and brought our son some cookies. Everyone was genuinely kind and seemed to enjoy their job.
I can't wait to return to the Westin. My family and I are planning on making this an annual trip and can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A villa resort offering just-like-home amenities in a world class destination. The Westin Desert Willow Villas features villas up to 1,420 square feet with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies or patios, washers and dryers, separate living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Experience the value of a villa and enjoy no resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Desert Willow Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Desert Willow Villas Hotel Palm Desert
- The Westin Desert Willow Villas Palm Desert, California Desert