“Great for the family”

The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at the Villas this past weekend with my wife and toddler. Positive review from our family and I plan on coming back for a longer stay later this year. Initially had some issues with the front but they were willing to listen and accomodated my needs. One of the reps in the front was fairly new and I felt they needed more training. Questions such as how many floors do you have should be automatic if there are only 3 floors.

Both the room and bathroom was fantastic. I was very surprised. One of the best rooms I have ever been in. I was in Building 2 on the 3rd floor. It was close to the main pools but not too close. Building 1 is closer to the pool and be closer to the noise from the pool that is 24 hours. The food at the Agave bar and grill was fasntastic as well.

Overall, I had a fantastic time and the weather was not too bad.

Room Tip: You need to park temporary in the front, get your room keys and drive to your building through the g...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dae K
Jorge H, Manager at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear guest,
We are excited to hear you had a wonderful stat at our resort. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our amenities and room location. Very glad as well to hear we were able to accomodate your requests upon your arrival.
Thank you very much for taking the time to giving us such a great review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Jorge Hurtado
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for The Westin Desert Willow Villas

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I've stayed here before, and generally enjoy this facility. But I'm writing this review to inform others of a problem I experienced so others can be aware. I recently stayed on the top (third) floor in building 6. The air conditioner units are on the roof. There are surges when the units are running. The highest noise is too much in my opinion to enjoy the room. The units cause the room to shake at times. The bed sometimes shook. Coins on the dresser rattled. I could not get staff to fix this problem. Other than this, I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I suggest you not stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 172katiemn
Jorge H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear 172katiemn,
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this review. Please accept my sincere apologies on this matter. We at Westin pride on delivering on our 6 Pillars of Wellness, one of which is Sleep Well. I am so sorry you were not able to obtain a good nights rest as promissed.
We will get our team involved in this issue and look for a correction as soon as possible.
May i please request if you could connect with me at your convinience to further discuss and learn of our opportunites. Once again, thank you and my apologies.
jorge.hurtado@starwoodvo.com

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Enjoyed our 3-day vacation at this place. Took my daughter and grandkids. We had so much fun. I would definitely return. The villa was clean, the restaurant food was excellent, and the kids all loved the pool. The staff made you feel so welcome and I couldn't believe the quick service when we made a call to get a ride to the pool. I would recommend the Western Desert Willow to anyone who loves the desert area and wants to get away for an enjoyable vacation or just a few days of fun.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
juana v, Manager at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest thank you for choosing Westin Desert Willow Villas as your location in the desert, We were excited to hear that the amenities met your needs. the staff will be pleased with your feedback on their service. we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Juana Villarreal

Housekeeping Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2014

As a owner of a travel agency, when I vacation with my family I consider our needs but also my needs of my clients. The property was very nice and clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The property was also very quiet which I love since we went there to relax.
The rooms we stayed in was a 1 bedroom villa with a great patio with a view of the golf course. The room has a great king bed, double shower head, mini kitchen with refrigerator, mini stove, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. My boys slept in the fold out coach which was more comfortable than most, and had a Bose stereo in the living room.
We stayed in Building 1 and it is across the street from the pools, game room, Kids club, gym, and tennis court/basketball court. We loved the pool area and game area. The waterslide was open between 10am-6pm and they enforce the rule of over 48 inches tall.
The property does charge $15 per night for parking. I would recommend this property for anyone who is looking for a relaxing vacation in Palm Desert.

Room Tip: Building 1 or 2 is closest to main pool, game room, gym, Kids Club, tennis court/basketball court, A...
1  Thank momtodek
jackson2180, Manager at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Owner, thank you for providing us feedback on your families experience. We were excited to hear the comments on the staff and resort cleanliness. It was nice to know that the amenities were to your liking. We appreciate the recommendaion for our property. We looking forward to your next visit.

Warren Jerome

Director of Operations

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at this property for 3 nights and had a premium 1 bedroom suite. The room was in building 4 on main floor. I wish I was in building 18 and on the highest floor as they seemed to have the nicest view, a real pool and golf view plus the resort. Building 1 and 2 are the closest to main pool with waterside and to the main lobby. There is a 24 hour shuttle from all buildings to anywhere on this site which was great. The main swimming pool was also open for 24hr that was great too. The gym was also great. Tennis courts and a pretty fast water slide. Activities for kids at the pool was fun for the kids. At the pool I found that being at this hotel in July there weren't enough sun umbrellas. I found that a bit awkward. I just got back from the Phoenician in Scottsdale and there was 1 umbrella for 2 chairs and at this resort at the pool there is 1 umbrella for 6? This resort is more of a family resort for convenience of cooking. There is only 1 restaurant and I found it was very casual more for great hamburgers and sandwiches, we tried some spaghetti and meatballs and it was really ok nothing great, and the salads were ok too. The lobby isn't very big either and there isn't a lobby bar, you need to go to the restaurant bar and have a drink. Service staff are helpful, friendly and always willing to go out of their way to help.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We were happy to hear that the resort amenities and rooms met your needs. We appreciate your comments on the pool, gym, waterslide and the restaurant. We will definitely look at our umbrella ratio to ensure that it is efficient. Hoping to see you again soon.

Warren Jerome

Director of Operations

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My room overlooked the golf course and mountains. It was very clean and comfortable. I'm a bit of the bed and bed linen snob . Both were excellent. The room also includes a washer and dryer. I would highly recommend this place

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank bluelight2104
Bayron G, Manager at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello--
Bluelight24, I am happy to learn you enjoy your stay and relaxed and renew while enjoying our heavenly bed. Thank you for your support and loyalty to The Westin Desert Willow Villas. We look forward to welcome you back to Palm Desert and again thank you for the feedback.

kind regards,
Bayron Garcia

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place is perfect...nice size rooms and very quiet. We loved the pools...kid friendly. Only stayed 2 days, wish it was longer! Will stay again! We stayed in a one bedroom and it was perfect for the 5 of us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Famvaca20133

Hello--
Famvaca20133, Thank you for the score you bestowen upon us. I am happy to learn you and your family had a relaxing and renewing time with us. Thank you for your support and loyalty. We loook forward to welcome you back to Palm Desert!

kind regards,

JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to The Westin Desert Willow Villas? Share your experiences!