“1st place to stop!”

Palm Desert Visitor Center
Ranked #10 of 57 things to do in Palm Desert
More attraction details
Owner description: Conveniently located inside Palm Desert City Hall, make Palm Desert Visitor Services your first stop for whatever you need to enjoy your stay in the desert. Need information? You'll find one of the Valley's most comprehensive selection of maps, hiking and biking guides, magazines, brochures and more available to be picked up--free of charge--from our extensive literature displays. Have questions or need a local's perspective? Our helpful and knowledgeable staff are true experts on the area, and will gladly share their insight with you.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Eagan, Minnesota
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“1st place to stop!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Friendly staff provides detailed information on attractions and restaurants that would be easy to miss with your own research. Time well spent early in your vacation.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dan W
Barbara B, Manager at Palm Desert Visitor Center, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to post them. There are lots of sources of information out there, so I'm glad that you found that the Palm Desert Visitor Center staff added a little insight!

San Antonio, TX
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great information”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The staff were helpful in every way. Lots of maps, specific site guides and well organized store-like surroundings. Go here for the right, unbiased information...

Visited February 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you found our information "unbiased." Our only agenda is for our visitors to have a great vacation!
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“I am so pleased I stopped in. My adventures would not have been the same had I not.”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I'm not your average tourist. I like interesting graveyards, vintage hunting... basically all manner of things quirky and weird interest me. Barbara at the front desk was able to answer each and every one of my "off-the-beaten-path" questions I had and usually with a printout that they already had on file. Honestly, she should have been wearing a sash that titled her "Ms. Palm Desert", she had so much knowledge. I love it when people do whatever job they're doing well. PS. Adorable vinyl bags for sale in the shop!

Visited December 2013
Barbara B, Manager at Palm Desert Visitor Center, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
What a lovely review! Thanks so much for the kind words. We try to be prepared for any number of questions, so I have to admit I'm glad that you weren't able to stump us. Our theory is that if someone asks a question once, it will likely come up again so we try to be ready. We want everyone to know all the great things there are to do in the area, even if they are a bit off the beaten path. Thanks again!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Friendly and helpful.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The visitor center is in downtown Palm Desert. Very friendly staff as you would expect. Reasonable prices, postcards and clean restroom facilities. On the way to the Highway 74 overlook, a great place to view the valley.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank WWCJr
Barbara B, Manager at Palm Desert Visitor Center, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thanks for the great review! We get a lot of comments in person from visitors about the cleanliness of the facilities, but I'm not sure anyone has ever mentioned it in writing before. Regardless, we aim to please on many levels and I'm glad you found that we measured up! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a review here for others!
Ottawa, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Very helpful”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The staff here are so nice and very eager to assist in any way they can. They answered all our questions and provided us with a good hiking alternative when the aerial tramway was closed. Thanks!

Visited July 2013
Barbara B, Manager at Palm Desert Visitor Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
How pleasant to come in to work on a Monday morning and find such a nice comment. I'm glad that our staff was able to provide you with alternatives to the Palm Springs Aerial Tram when it was closed. We know many people come to our area with plans in place, but sometimes those plans go awry for circumstances beyond their control. That's when it's nice to check in with us at the Visitor Center, because we've probably already researched all the alternatives. There are tons of hiking trails in our area, so we can usually give people lots of options, plus we have a free Palm Desert hiking map, as well. Thanks again for leaving the positive comment. Come back and see us next time you're in Palm Desert!