“desert tasty tours”
Review of Desert Tasty Tours

Desert Tasty Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Taste your way through Palm Desert's upscale shopping and art district or catch the downtown vibe of Palm Springs while enjoying an entertaining, cultural, educational journey. You'll walk away with a new-found culinary perspective, a satisfied stomach and a local's knowledge of this beautiful destination. This 3 hour walking tour covers 1 mile at a leisurely stroll. Whether you are a visitor or a local, our food tour is a fun, casual way to sample the sights, sounds and flavors of Palm Desert and Palm Springs, CA.
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We just moved to La Quinta and thought this tour along El Paseo would be an excellent introduction to the area. And it was excellent!! Kristy is knowledgeable and has her tour very organized. In addition to visiting these upscale establishments, you also learn some of the local history. There is also a similar tour for Palm Springs and we will do that one soon. This business is highly recommended for visitors and local alike. You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank send2dix
There are newer reviews for Desert Tasty Tours

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Came across this on Trip Advisor and thought it'd be something different to do. This tour was well-narrated and very informative. In addition to tasting the food, we were given a lot of background information on the restaurant and its owners as well as some good history and information of the surrounding area.

Recommend doing this tour when you first arrive since you will likely want to go back to some of the restaurants for a full meal.

1  Thank brergo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My partner bought the two of us this tour as a birthday present. I had never done a tasting tour before, so I really didn't know what to expect. We did the Palm Desert version. It ended up being a very enjoyable experience. The food was without exception fabulous! Kristy was very knowledgeable about local history and things to do. We're much more familiar with Palm Springs than Palm Desert so this was a great intro to a new area. The locations we visited were extremely varied and that really enhanced everything. My one negative would be that they should pick up the pace just a bit. It's advertised as a 3 hour tour (thank you Gilligan), but I think getting it to 2 1/2 would be an improvement.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have done several food tours, even in Europe, but this one was probably my favorite. We chose the tour in Palm Springs and the stops were ALL wonderful and delicious. I can't wait to go back and try more selections at those restaurants. Mary did a great job of making us feel like old friends and sharing so much information about Palm Springs. I have never been on a tour where I loved everything we ate, but Tasty Tours has done a great job of finding the best restaurants. Would definitely do this tour again!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I really enjoyed this tour of Palm Springs as our guide started with an overall history of Palm Springs and the desert in general. Then delighted us at the Kaiser Grill ending up at Lulu's with several highlights along the way. Kristy has a wealth of information on both what to do & when to do it. I was by myself but Kristy made our group feel like old friends enjoying the day. I highly recommend Kristy & the Desert Tasty Tours. Well worth it & delicious.