“Janet”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Colorado Springs, United States
“Janet”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel exceeded every expecation. Staff was pleasant and helpful; the room was clean, large and comfortable; breakfast was good and had no restrictions to what we could choose which was nice. The hotel was quiet and peaceful and located within easy access of everything we could have wanted. We look forward to another visit soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. We are always happy to help our customers and we are glad you enjoyed a relaxing stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Riverside, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed in several hotels throughout this Palm Springs region. And, this is by far the best "Best Western" I have stayed at. Great location, (across the street from Ruth Chris), and the accommodations were impressive. This stay we opted for a mini suite which turned out great for our family. I would definitely stay there again. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you do come back in the future.
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The pros: clean, made to order complimentary breakfast, decent pool, good location, ample parking, free wifi, Starbucks across the street. The cons: bed wasn't very comfortable, fairly noisy, could use some updating. Overall it's a good value, especially for a family.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the upper floors, the bottom floor was particularly noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all the feedback and will use it to better improve our hotel.
huntington beach, ca
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The pros:
Bed was crisply made and clean
They allow pets and only charge $10
The pet walking area is close by near the tennis courts
The breakfast is made to order - tasty eggs and hashed browns
The price, for mothers day weekend, was pretty good - only $120.00 for a king

The cons:
Very think walls so you can definitely hear your neighbors plumbing and noise
Furniture kind of old and in need of updating
Need more light in their parking lot area

we stay at a lot of best western pluses, and this was a little below average. but we would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort. Thank you for all your comments and we will use the additional feedback to make improvements to the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.
La Jolla
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and although it could use a little updating, I will stay there again. They have a very good complimentary breakfast and their location is excellent for shopping.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us when you come and visit the desert. We appreciate all feedback given to us and love when people stay again and again. We hope to see you next year.
El Monte, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during Stagecoach weekend and really had a great experience! We stayed at a 3rd floor unit and had a partial view of the pool plus a balcony. There were tons of people who were staying there for the event so that was pretty cool!

Pros: The room was surprisingly clean and spacious, FREE breakfast made to order that was DELICIOUS + the cooks were peppy and nice, free wi-fi, it's a shuttle stop for the festival, plenty of parking, and walking distance to tons of restaurants and stores (Albertsons, Panda Express, Del Taco, etc).

Cons: TV didn't work at first but someone came to fix it right away. Girl at the front desk seemed burnt out from dealing with crazy people from two Coachella + Stagecoach weekends. Tried to request late check out but only got an extra 30-45 minutes.

All in all, this place exceeded my expectations! Probably a whole different experience during Coachella weekend though but oh well :)

• Stayed April 2014
bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. April is a busy month with so much going on and its wonderful to have so many different people stay with us. We hope to see you again next year.
La Quinta, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I come home to stay where Mom and I lived often. I had friends from Seattle travel down for Coachella Fest and since I can't have my friends stay at my Mom's Desert Home, suggested some local hotels for my friends who have never visited the valley before.

I stopped by and while I was taking a shower, realized I was not in the shower alone. A disgusting huge roach was in there with me. I contacted a man (mgr?) at the front desk who dismissed it as if no big deal and we were told they are not cockroaches they are palmetto bugs. As if that was going to calm our nerves. This is ridiculous. The front desk was rude, and refused to do anything about it. I went home to stay at Mom's overnight, they were booked for two days but...

Let's call my friend "J" woke up with something crawling over him, and saw another cock roach. IN this hotel's BED! These are vermin, disease-carrying filthy creatures and I was embarrassed because I was the one who suggested this dump, and reflected horribly on me!

J captured the 3rd roach in the hotel room w a paper towel and he took it down to the front desk only to be dismissed by that rude man. Wait til you hear what his response was. He had the NERVE to accuse us of smuggling the cockroaches IN the hotel and planting them to get a "discount, or refund". I was furious. WHO would do that and why?? They only offered to switch rooms and give us half off 2nd nite stay. We talked w my Mom about it and because the valley was sold out w Chella Fest, had no other hotel openings.

I visited this man at desk again and I let him know how he WAS going to be reported to Corporate Headquarters because I have traveled all of my life w my Mom, and family. I was in Europe for two weeks and experienced 9 countries Portofino, Spain, OktoberFest in Germany, my Grandmother's Mother Land, South of France, and stayed in a castle so I am not your average budget traveler. He took Mad Attitude on me and he became combative, hostile and ruder to me.

This Best Western Palm Desert manager? He then said he was taking away the offer to stay in another (hopefully clean, uninfested bydisgusting cockroaches) room and no 50% off that night's stay.

The entire ordeal was beyond us! I went home and Mom called Corporate and I spoke with the agent for 20 minutes and she was sympathetic. She called that mgr. and he tried to cover it up but the customer is usually right. I liked the way the nice phone agent handled this and she did honor my request for a refund for the roach hotel refund to my credit card and thanked her.

This is a roach motel. Do NOT bring your families here. DISgusting!!!!

BTW, talked w Mom and she suggested I call the health dept. and report this infested dump. I did!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SoCalSiren
bestwesternpdmanager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I assure we take allegations like this very seriously and will be making a thorough report of this to ensure that we are providing the best possible customer experience.