“Excellent Dinner”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 293 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cook Street
Transit: Country Club Drive
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our first visit the Morton's and I was very impressed. We did have reservations and were seeted promply. The service was excellent and prompt with the servers very professional and friendly. The food was beyond expectations! It was very tasty and served hot nad did not seem to be keep heated by heat lamps. Highly recommend this steakhouse!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a great restaurant which can have hit or miss nights. The price tag is high so yes you are entitled to demand incredible service and food. I will say I always order seafood since I don't eat red meat and the last 3 meals have been very disappointing. That being said. Don't go to a steakhouse with the expectation that you will have great food that is not steak. With a restaurant of this caliber and being in an area which is "seasonal" it is hard to gauge from a business owners perspective, how to staff. We were thee Memorial Day weekend and the restaurant was half empty. This fathers day eve weekend the place was packed. Literally not an open table from our reso at 730 until we left at 10. Regardless, Josh will make you feel like you are at home. Just chill, relax and enjoy a desert classic.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We really like their Happy Hour "Bar Bites" menu. Several items for either $6 or $7 each. We typically order three bar bites between 2 people. The amount of food is perfect (unless you are looking for a few thousand calories and a couple of pounds of food).

1  Thank BJRSanDiego
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went to Morton's on the last night of our annual trip to the BNP Paribas open tennis..Tony was our server.He did a great job.Josh Soto the manager always makes us feel like we are regular customers. He runs a great restaurant always consistent with the food and the service.I had the filet mignon and my husband had the bone in ribeye.Our steaks were so tasty and perfectly cooked. This is our 7th year visit and we look forward to returning next year. Morton's will differently be the top off to our trip.

1  Thank ZenMasta
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Staying in Palm Desert, this place was said to be about the best steakhouse in the area so we thought we'd give it a go. I was expecting it to be pricey by the amount of german cars in the valet section so the menu prices weren't too much of a surprise.

When you go in to the bar area, its dark and quite noisy. The restaurant was also dark and noisy, not too happy about that when you think that most people are going to want a nice quiet meal and talk amongst themselves but nevermind.

We had 2 servers, neither of which seemed to be in that much of a hurry or particularly attentive. We had to wait 20 minutes for drinks, then another 20 minutes to give our order and our mains about 30 minutes after that (we skipped appetisers as we both wanted desert). My bone in ribeye was very nice, but cooked a bit more then my requested rare but my girlfriends filet was over seasoned and salty, and burnt rather than charred on the outside. Rookie mistakes!

We both ordered desert, 20 minutes after the plates were taken and it duly arrived. Paying the bill seemed to take an age as well and with empty glasses I don't think its right that we had to flag down someone and ask for refills on several occasions rather then being asked. We were going to go to the bar afterwards but decided to go elsewhere instead.

On the whole the beef cuts were fantastic but not cooked especially well - average at best I'd say which is a shame for such a quality cut. What I really wasn't cool with was the $200 bill for two courses and no wine for two people. Given the mediocre service and average food this is simply overpriced.