“FOUR YEARS OF A FUN, RELAXING STAY!”

International Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Victoria, Canada
“FOUR YEARS OF A FUN, RELAXING STAY!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We are Snowbirds from Victoria, BC, Canada and we are just finishing our 4th winter staying at the International Lodge. Each year we have had a lovely Studio furnished and enjoy the excellent housekeeping Staff. The Manager, Alan and Asst. Manager, Leo, has been superb in always making our stay a pleasure for us and our family when they visit us here. We are so centrally located, behind the famous El Paseo Drive and near two large grocery stores, Hair Salons, many restaurants and best of all on the Sun Line Bus route that we take to go to 7 cities for 50 Cents as Seniors. There are two lovely pools, a large picturesque one in the front and lap pool in the center and a nice relaxing hot tub in the middle of those. Each building has a bright sunny courtyard with olive trees, with lots of hummingbirds this year to watch from our upper balcony. We luv the second floor Studio we have in B Building. We get the wonderful morning sun and a superb view of the early sunrises.
The Lodge is truly a centrally located hotel and has everything that tourists would want.
We have a full facility kitchen, fridge, ceramic stove, table chairs, sectional sofa, television and a nice big bathroom with lots of storage.
It is an exceptionally valued hotel and that is why my husband and I enjoy it here.

Room Tip: We luv the upper studios on the second floor as they have a wonderful view from the balconies. Sun...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Buncy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Finnish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed in Dec.-Jan. for 9 days. This was our second stay here. Both times we have been very happy with our stay.They have nice LARGE rooms With FULLY equip kitchens and modern decor. Leo and Allen do everything they can to get you a room that is right for you and to make your stay great! The cleaning staff is great too. Plenty of free parking. Close to Everything! El Paseo shopping and restaurants very close. We will be back for sure! Other family members stayed here as well as us. Great value!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ploofy
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We booked a King Suite for 4 days, but arrived late and was given a double queen... The room had some issues (noisy bed, ripped curtains, no toaster, small tv) and we considered leaving, but after talking with the front desk, they were able to get us a king that had recently been updated... very nice and right next to the pool which was warm and not overly used. We got the impression that many of the rooms were in the process of being upgraded so ask for an upgrade if available. The Staff was very helpful and the one room suites were quite large and well equipped for longer stays. the upgraded room was clean, newly furnished and the bed was quite comfortable... The shower was old school but lots of pressure.....There was a great little hole in the wall restaurant called Bobby's within walking distance and several grocery stores close by... We enjoyed our stay so much we extended our visit an extra night..... There are still some things that need work but improvements are happening all the time, so we will definitely consider a return visit...

Room Tip: Ask for a upgraded room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenjohns
Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I'm experiencing a similar issue as Mark below. I booked for a couple nights in early January. When we got to the place, my mom - travelling with me- felt pretty sick as she has recently undergone treatments, and wanted to check in somewhere she was more familiar with. Fully explained this to the manager, Mr. Alan Gross, who could only be 'reached by phone'. He stated he understood and kindly said he would offer credit for the already charged 2 nights, but keep only a booking fee of $50 (which was fine). We agree to that, and when I requested a confirmation number, he said just use my cell phone as a confirmation, which was weird, but I kept notes. I called/and also e-mailed a few days later to confirm this transaction. No response. I tried reaching by phone several times, it goes straight to voice mail. There's nothing credited back yet. I have submitted a dispute to my VISA account. Will follow-up with outcome to this.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MarieAntoinette2012
Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We were impressed with this hotel from right from arrival to the end of our four night stay. Our greeting was warm and friendly. Our studio suite had been completely updated. Fridge, stove, oven. Microwave, coffee machine, flat screen TV etc. All the creature comforts of home and then some. Patio door opened to a swimming pool. One could be happy to stay here for a longer time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I booked a room for April 2014 with a pleasant guy over the phone in Dec 2013. Note that you need call during business hours in order to talk to a human. I promptly received a confirmation email explaining that the first room night had been charged to my AmEx card.

A couple days later, my plans changed. So I responded to the confirmation email, advising them that I needed to cancel. No response. A few days later, I sent another email. No response. Then I called the phone number provided in the email and got a machine. Left message of the cancellation and requested reversal of the charge. No response.

Now it's like 3 weeks after the booking was made, so I went back online and found the number I called to make the reservation. I phoned and got the same pleasant guy I'd spoken to originally. I explained what I'd been through and he apologized, explaining that those messages had gone to the owner who is sometimes slow to respond(!) He assured me he'd take care of it and follow up with me to confirm. Again, nothing.

Now, two weeks after that conversation, I called AmEx to explain the situation. They took care of the charge dispute over the phone and reinstated the deposit to my account straight away.

The place may well be a terrific place to stay. But I suggest following up on everything. And maybe use AmEx for the deposit, just to be safe...

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mark O
Portland, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We want to echo and reinforce the recent excellent reviews given to the International Lodge. We arrived intending to stay one night as part of a search for a winter vacation spot in southern california and Arizona and instead stayed 6 nights, booked for 3 weeks in January 2015, and forgot about AZ.

Studio kitchen was well equipped for meal preparation (we never ate out as a result), lovely deck, comfortable king bed, spacious throughout. Nice hot tub and two pools, one very large.

Alan (the host), his desk staff, and his housekeeping staff were polite and helpful, and all indications are for continuous improvements and upgrades throughout the exterior.

Room Tip: rooms aree oriented such that you can choose your preference form morning or afternoon sun
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple