“Loved it.”

International Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
“Loved it.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my 3 year old stayed here overnight so we could get a head start on touristy stuff in the morning. The guys at the front desk said I'd want to stay a second night and I sure wish I had! I was very impressed by the rooms, especially the bathroom and kitchen. They seemed to be newly remodeled with modern tile and stainless steel appliances. Everything was spacious and very clean. The pool was a short walk away and had fire pits and beautiful desert landscaping on an island in the center. I noticed there were ground-floor rooms in the first row of rooms that had glass doors that opened right up to it - definitely something to ask for next time!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Katie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Finnish first
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room itself was spacious with a stove, microwave, and frig which all seemed clean. The bathroom was clean with nice towels. However, the bedding and bed linens needed updating. Beds were squeaky and pillows needed to be replaced. The unit faced out to a very small pool and there were sliding glass doors leading out. Unfortunately they had vertical blinds up which had seen better days, and if you opened them all the way, everyone could see in your room. The units were not that far across from each other, so privacy was difficult. The pool that is shown on the website was fenced in on the other end of the property and we never saw it.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently updated room facing the large pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VLS1955
Wickenburg, Arizona
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Made a reservation via hotel directly. asked for a confirmation 3 times in the next week and a half. Never recieved ANY paperwork or email with confirmation and/or conditions regarding cancellations, etc. Payment was billed at time of reservation. Arrived and asked for one night as our plans had changed. This was before I saw the accomodations...I would have left and not stayed a 2nd night even if I needed the 2 nights. Realize this was SUMMER, not high tourist time in the HOT desert. After speaking to 2 lazy men..... Leo & Armando.... who "eluded" to reversing my charges...I knew it would be a struggle. Room was large and clean...a young women met us at door and helped with our luggage as room was upstairs. She was delightful and I got to practice my Spanish. BUT.....huge red and pink stains on the white carpet, TV remote did not work correctly, DRIPPING FAUCET ALL NIGHT LONG, and WET SOAKED CARPET 2' diameter near AC unit. Perhaps from AC unit downstairs. Screen had to be removed to access outside balcony. NEEDS SERIOUS UPDATE. So..if you use this hotel, do NOT expect NICE, you will be diappointed. Clean? Yes.....Professional attitude? NO. I have asked for my $$ to be creditied for the night I did not stay and they have given me the run around 3 times. So...have had to contact my bank and go through that route. You would think customer service would be better over $80. They must REALLY need the business. So beware my fellow Trip advisor friends...Pick a hotel that has more professionalism and WANTS your business.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank 13PaulaH
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Complex is very old and out dated. But I can't complain because the price was super good. It is a good size room and has a full kitchen. It is very quiet. If you stay longer than three days, I would recommend you to stay here. When we go back to Palm Springs, we will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 974kellyh
Coachella, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I really loved the hotel. It had everything I needed for a romantic getaway with my boyfriend. It was really nice and quiet really comfortable and was really close to a few attractions that were suitable for us to go to. If I decide to take a little mini getaway I would definitely go back and reserve a suite again. I recommended this hotel to family and friends already.

Room Tip: get a suite its worth what you pay for corner suites are more sunnier
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackeline U
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had an amazing stay. Was able to cook a full Meal, sleep in a bed, and swim in a semi private pool with 6 other guest in my room. It was very clean and the staff was great. With all of that I had great privacy. my friends and I really enjoyed out time and will make this spot a yearly vacation spot. :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Xandi N
Solvang, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Spent one night on trip from Santa Barbara to Tuscon. The room was large and it had a full kitchen. If I planned to stay longer the kitchen would have been useful; would not have to eat all meals out. Located one block off of Hwy 111 so there was no traffic noise.

Room Tip: Palm Desert gets very hot. We had a ground floor room with sliding doors that opened to the swimming...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family