All reviewsdesert springsjw marriottvillas iigolf coursefull kitchenbedroom villapalmeras poolno elevatormain poolsq ftquiet poollarge living roomthe main hotelcorner unitpre arrivalthese unitstwo double beds
Reviewed 25 October 2017

From the moment we arrived until the moment we checked out it was wonderful. We requested an upper floor room to get a better view. We were given a corner unit with a view over the golf course. It was overseeding time. We got to watch it go from brown to beautiful green. The unit was HUGE. Nicely appointed. CLEAN!! All the appliances were clean and worked as intended. The bed was comfy. The pool was delightful. This property has seven plus the option of taking the shuttle to the JW Marriott to use their pools. (monday-thursday) The staff was friendly and welcoming. Very, very nice stay.
NOTE: this property does not have elevators. Second story has 20 stairs to climb to reach the villas.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flxible
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I stayed in the villas while attending a conference at the JW Mariott next door.. The Mariott was more than double the price. You can't walk there, although they have shuttles. With a car, it is 4-5 minutes drive. There are several swimming pools at the vills. Room had a kitchnette, bath tub, shower and 2 sinks. fridge, Microwave and toaster. Nice balcony. the only annoying thing was that my room was right under a big street lamp shining all night in the room - even around the curtains. So watch what room you get, try to not stay under the lamp.
Also the cleaning ladies rattling outside with their wheelcarts at 7 am will surely wake you up every morning.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the street lamps. The rooms facing golf course would be bigger, more quiet and more expensive.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We hope you will join us again sometime.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This a great location for a family and for relaxation. 8 pools with access to the JW Marriott. The pools are salt water based. Very clean and updated! We enjoyed the the hot tubs, grills, and the close proximity of great restaurants like Morton’s.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Palm Desert.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

So lets start with the good first. The Villas are Large , I mean really large, you can sleep 8 people. they have 2 large lanai's . The kitchen is laid out as the center of the unit and you could host a party for 30 people in your unit. As always with Marriott they are clean and well kept with comfortable mattresses.the Pool's are all nice and you meet nice people there.The grounds are Stunning the views are Awesome.
so now the problem at the pool.
My wife suffer's from Muscular Dystrophy so the pools are verrrrry important to us. as we attemped to go to the main pool and there was a large crowd , oh well first come first serve. as our day goes on my wife is talking to a group of about 15 people and they tell my wife that none of them are staying at the Marriott. The woman tells my wife that this is their weekend trip. that all their family and friends just come to the Marriott and when they get to the gate say they are Checking In, then they just go to the pool. as it turns out this is a well known cheat in the Palm desert /Palm Springs community among the lower middle class. So basically your cost goes to pay for other peoples pool maintenance and unless you are the early riser and get to the pool ASAP you will have to wait for the POOL CRASHERS to leave if you like a pool side chair.
I maid a recommendation that The managment do what is done at all the other Marriott Vacation Clubs and have a guest list at the front gate. or pass out wrist bands at checkin. My suggestion fell on deff ears. I will go back here but will not take a back seat to the pool crashers again.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank tim0brien
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a perfect review. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Marriott Desert Spring Villas is a very nice facility in a very nice location staffed by very nice people. We stayed for an entire week in early October as part of an Interval International “free” week promotion. We are Marriott Vacation Club owners, but not at this location (rather at Ko Olina Beach Club, Kapolei, Oahu, HI).

Overall our stay was very enjoyable. With that said, there were several “unenjoyable” aspects as well.

1. We were initially placed in the middle of a construction zone. Saws, hammers, music blaring....parking lots used to stage equipment. No hotel worker should have seen fit to place us in this room. We returned to check-in to get a new room, and got the building next door. Not great. But better.

2. Two full beds rather than one king or one queen. Not an ideal arrangement.

3. No “mid-week tidy” service anymore. Marriott VC offered this to guests, but they have [apparently] recently discontinued this service. Bad move.

4. Motorized golf carts with staff members whizz by constantly at high speed. Word to the wise: pedestrians must stay on the sidewalks!

5. Not very quiet in general. This really puzzles me. Palm Desert is a generally very relaxed and quiet location off the main streets (where this timeshare is located), but sound really carries here like nowhere else I’ve been to. It must be because the golf course fairways channel the sounds to the villas....I don’t know......but you can hear EVERYTHING! The aforementioned construction crews (at 8:00 am), the water aerobics and music at the pool across the compound, the entertainment at the JW Marriott hotel a quarter mile away, and the [very loud] conversations of nearby guests until the wee hours of the morning.

I have no good idea why, but there seems to be way more “ambient noise” here than almost anywhere else I have stayed. I would have thought the complete opposite would be true. I still don’t fully know why this is not the case?!

Enough of me being a curmudgeon. To end on a good note.....overall.....We enjoyed our stay.....but we would stay at the #2 Villas next time (not the #1s we’re in now), and we would get a “full” one-bedroom; not just the basic “economy studio” that we got this time. Enjoy!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eastby

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. Please note, while we do our best to fulfill all requests, Owners staying at their home resort do get priority with villa assignment. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We look forward to delivering the 5 star experience on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.