“Mobbed always for breakfast”
Review of Sherman's Deli

Sherman's Deli
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mobbed for a reason, awesome food! I am so full when we leave that I have not tried the amazing pastries they have. Still in my to-do list. Always a line but you won’t be disappointed, gotta check it out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to stop for lunch. There were quite a few people waiting when we arrived. We did not have to wait long. Service was great! We had the pastrami sandwich and the brisket sandwich. Both were excellent! We also enjoyed the different pickles they served. We shared a piece of coconut cream pie, that was excellent! Servings are large! Would go back again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tried this out on a beautiful sunny morning in Palm Desert and had a delicious California Joe. This place appeared popular at 8 am with locals and visitors the service was professional & polite and would’ve earned a 5 star review.
Now the bad part went back that very lunchtime for a take out Turkey Pastrami sandwich & some cake. Take out staff were a little brusque with no customer care technique. Got back to our condo & the Turkey was ok but the bread was dry, even with the 1 sachet of mustard. The cake was delicious the only reason this place gets a 3 is because of the breakfast and cake. Otherwise this is a perfect demonstration on how bad service can ruin an operation.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

So, I stopped in for breakfast this past week. I like Sherman’s in Palm Springs. The one in Palm Desert is near my new place. It is tucked away so that going east on Country Club it is impossible to see, but coming west (towards Rancho Mirage), it is pretty easy to spot.

I had a busy day planned, so I thought that a nice breakfast would help out. Ordered the Kippers, Onions and Eggs. So the plate arrives and it is truly as it says “Kippers”. Old style, tail and all. So I dig in. And if you are not familiar (and evidently, I forgot) just how boney Kippers are. Jeezzz, I mean I literally had to pick the delicious kippered meat out of the numerous bones.

The eggs were perfectly poached and the onion bagel was toasted to perfection. Anyway, the breakfast was extremely tasty and my fingers smelled of kippered herring for most of the morning.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Wonderful table service, delicious, homemade food, great location, and nice atmosphere. The portions are huge - I took half of my Rueben home. The first half was absolutely delicious. Had the second half the next day and it was awesome, too.