We stayed here for 8 nights in September. We have been to Palm Springs a few times as the weather is always guaranteed to be hot and sunny. Previously we stayed at the Marriott Shadow Ridge but as this one was half the price, we decided to give it a go. It wasn’t quite as nice, we only had a room whereas the Shadow Ridge had 1 bed suites. This meant we only had a stove and a fridge in the kitchenette area rather than a full kitchen. The room had a large, comfortable bed and the bathroom was clean with a decent shower. The air con unit was pretty noisy and you had to have it on full all the time for it to have any effect including all night which was a bit annoying.
We chose this resort after seeing the pool area online. It was a lovely pool, very large and perfect temperature. The surrounding area was OK and the sunbeds were adequate. There was a poolside café but it was closed for refurbishment which we weren’t told about before we got there. It was very quiet here, we were the only ones at the pool for most of the week and it could have done with having a bit more atmosphere. Parking was free. Wifi was available around the pool area and in reception but not in our room. There were coin op laundry areas dotted around the resort. The Palm Desert area has lots of restaurants and convenience stores but you would need a car to get around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming resort, breathtaking views, figure-eight swimming pool, home to the Desert Tennis Academy with lessons & clinics. Located in the heart of Palm Desert, California, the Resort is walking distance to the fabulous shops, restaurants and art galleries along the famed El Paseo Drive. Resort offers cafe & bar (breakfast and lunch), complimentary tennis on 16 tennis courts, pickleball, tennis pro-shop, four heated pools, five hot tubs, fitness room, massage service, saunas, poolside patio BBQ, volleyball, basketball, bicycle rentals, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Shadow Mountain Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shadow Mountain Resort And Club Hotel Palm Desert
- Shadow Mountain Hotel
- Shadow Mountain Resort Palm Desert
- Shadow Mountain Resort And Club Palm Desert, California Desert