“What do you really want in a Hotel?”

JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
San Diego, California
“What do you really want in a Hotel?”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is really nice. The grounds are immaculate and I would imagine if you are into golf you would love it. For me however it was just too big and too far away from the excitement of downtown Palm Springs.

Unless you want to feel like you are doing nothing but walking to and from your room be sure to get a room in the main section of the hotel. I was all the way in the back and it seemed to take forever to get back there. Endless hallways and two elevator rides to get to my room. Don't plan on being able to walk to any nice restaurants or much of anything. You are either driving or cabbing to just about everything. I guess I prefer a more intimate setting closer to where the action is.

That said, if you like an all inclusive mega-resort and are just fine staying inside that resort area this is a great place.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank MillionMiles2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights on a business conference. The property is truly spectacular including the pools, ponds and even real pink flamingos when you first drive in. Service at the front desk, outside by the pool, lobby bar is outstanding. Hotel is massive so beware your room could be quite a hike from the lobby. We requested a room close by and they were able to accomodate. We only ate breakfasts and lunches on the property and the food was very good. Service was just ok at meal time. Tough to get a refill of coffee and meals not always served at same time. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious.
We have stayed at other JW Marriott properties and this one has a superior property and facilities but did not have 5 star service everywhere that I would have expected. Charged extra for wifi in the room which seemed petty for a hotel of this calibre.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Visited resort for week in November. Great facility, lagoon comes into lobby, gondolas to take you around the resort, especially fun for transport to on-property restaurants at night. Executive king suite was fine, balcony overlooking lagoon, part of golf course, three pools. Clean, fully equipped, well-organized, excellent service. Lobby bar outstanding in view, quality of refreshments, snacks, service. On property restaurants exceptional, especially enjoyed Rockwood Grill, found ourselves going back again and again. Enjoyed the Blue Agave late night, enjoyed the entertainment and the beautiful outdoor setting. If I had a complaint, it would be the rates. This won't keep me from looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: High up, golf course side
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DesertSpringsJW, General Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to share highlights of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. As a Top TripAdvisor Contributor, we know you have high hospitality standards and I am happy to hear we impressed you with our amenities and service. I am very pleased to hear you will be joining us again, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit!
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

OK, right up front, we ordinarily would never stay in such a place. My husband was in a tennis tournament and the teams got a special rate. This place is beyond amazing. The room was spacious and comfortable. There could have been a few more hangers in the closet.g The man who delivered our bags was very friendly and gave us some good tips on sights. We ate lunch in the Oasis restaurant, food was very good. Expensive, yes, but considering the surroundings, not surprising. The grounds were beautiful and well-kept. All staff we had dealings with were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again after my rich great-uncle Ferdinand croaks and leave all to me -- as if!

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay at our property. Customer service is one of the pillars of the JW Marriott brand, so I am always happy to hear when guests have received exceptional customer service. We take pride in the positive feedback we receive about our friendly staff. I’m so glad your luxury retreat was such a hit, and that you’d like to stay with us again in the future – we would love to welcome you back!
Albuquerque
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a beautiful property with wonderful service. The entire resort is amazingly clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and also very clean.
My friend and I both enjoyed the spa as well. We both got an excellent massage and the facial treatments were great. The husbands golfed and were a bit disappointed that one of the courses was closed (they had not been notified) and their tee time ran about 20 minutes late one day. They loved the course. The restaurants were about what you would expect for a large hotel, but the breakfast was great. All of the pools are perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa for a business meeting and we just love this property. When we checked into our room, it was a good distance from an elevator and we were hoping for a pool view overlooking the mountains. I immediately called down to the front desk and I explained we wanted a room much closer to the elevator and closer to the meeting space. Lionel was the person we talked with and he understood my request but said the hotel was pretty much at capacity, but asked to put me on hold to see what he could do. A few minutes later Lionel said he found us a room near the elevator and closer to where we wanted to be with a beautiful view and even said we could go look at it first and he would have a staff member meet us there with the keys. WOW, what service and WOW what a room. He was able to get us everything we asked for. Now this is customer service and he was so very nice and accommodating. The staff member who delivered our keys and helped us was very nice as well.

Everything about this property makes you feel first class. From the Lobby to the Pool and the fantastic little boat ride through the property just makes you feel like you want to live here. One last thing, the entire several days we were there, the food for the business meetings we had including breakfast and lunch were outstanding. The food was excellent and the entire hotel staff were just amazing. We would recommend the Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa to anyone wanting a great resort to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Todd n Janice H
DesertSpringsJW, General Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to submit a review detailing your stay at our resort. I am so pleased to hear that the customer service you received exceeded your expectations and that you were so impressed with your accommodations as well as the dining experiences throughout your entire stay. Customer service is one of the pillars of the JW Marriott brand, and I am always happy to hear specific instances when our team has delivered outstanding service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
New Jersey
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a conference, and what a great hotel! The conference was well organized, and the staff was super helpful. Each meal from breakfast to dinner was delicious and there was so much food!

The views of the mountains were exquisite. There are several pools and it sits on a golf course, all around beautiful!

The rooms were well decorated, clean, and updated.

The spa and fitness center are very nice, and if you get a spa treatment, be sure to allow time for the sauna and steam rooms-the eucalyptus steam was my absolute favorite!

Lastly, the sushi in the lobby was Awesome!! So fresh, and paired with a glass of wine from their very good list of selections made for a perfect meal.

Also, I always comment that the smell when you walk in any JW is amazing-I wish I could buy the smell for my home!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!