“Love this place”

JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is a great Hotel. It offers a little of everything you could ask for. Great pool, great golf, and excellent tennis. I have stayed a few times here and it is always nice. I love the room service and you have to get the dipped chocolate chip cookies. They will find you a diet coke vs Diet Pepsi. also. The Front desk people are as nice as any hotel I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: High Floor on the Side facing the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DesertSpringsJW, General Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. I’m very pleased to hear you were impressed with so many of the resort’s amenities, and it is particularly great to hear of specific examples as to the extent our staff goes in order to ensure guests are enjoying their stay to the fullest… everything down to accommodating preference in soda brand! We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime in the near future!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was my third stay in 3 years and each time was a pleasure. My room faced the pool and the mountains and had a beautiful view. The resort staff are amazing always very helpful. Other resorts should send their staff here to be trained. If I didn't find what I wanted on the menu, the chef could prepare what I desired. JW Marriott sets the standard for excellent service.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view. Facing the mountains and the pool is an beautiful relaxing...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to review your most recent stay at our property. We are always thrilled to welcome loyal guests back to the resort, and I am very pleased that this visit, once again, exceeded your expectations. I am most proud that you feel our customer service is so superior, that you suggest other resorts send their staff to be trained here. That is what we strive for, so it is wonderful to receive such a generous compliment in your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We hosted a manager's retreat at the resort for 6 couples and the experience was excellent. The personal service, spa and dining were all wonderful. Our little group was treated like VIPs in spite of the fact that 2,000 people were arriving at the same time for a Tony Robbins event. Although the Marriott team had their hands full they never dropped the ball when it came to our needs. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This is a followup visit having stayed here on business before but only several months ago . That experience was not good but this trip is much better .

To be fair , I was on business and look to the hotel facilities and services . The resort aspect is far less important to be.

My reception this time was professional and efficient . The room this time was great with a terrific view . ( no pull out of the wall bed this time !!! Not what I expected as platinum member from a JW )

Breakfast was a disappointment . Most food was warm to cold , potatoes were not cooked through and the help was not friendly .

Lobby bar was a disappointment as well . And the lady at the conceirage desk was very unpleasant .

If this was a std marriott my expectations would be different but this carries the JW name and I have stayed in many of them and while I did see improvement , this is not to JW std and the culture needed for consistent service is not here .

I can get this level of service much cheaper at a std marriott in the area .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations, but I am very sorry to learn of the issues you encountered at breakfast and the service at our Lobby Bar. Please accept my sincere apology as I will look into the details you have outlined so we may quickly resolve moving forward. Outstanding customer service is one of the pillars of our resort and the JW Marriott brand so these concerns are very disappointing. As a Top TripAdvisor Contributor, we understand you have high standards in your travel experiences, and we look forward to having another opportunity to win back your confidence in the near future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed three nights. Room was excellent, bed very comfortable. The service provided by the staff was very attentive and way above average.

The property is stunning and quite large. Be prepared to do a lot of walking especially if you use the self service parking.

The only real downside is the onsite restaurants close early and there is no dining option except for their overprice room service if you get hungry after 10.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the lobby. Side rooms are a long walk away.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Certainly enjoyed the trip here, it is a nice hotel in the desert with all the modern facilities. Good place for families and plenty of places to walk in the fresh air. Pool and Spa were pretty good. Would return and enjoyed the room with a pool facing the balconies.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of everything including the mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time to share the highlights of your stay. As a TripAdvisor Top Contributor, we know you have high hospitality standards and I am happy to hear you were so impressed by the amenities of our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Before i share all the things that went wrong on our annual family vacation, I feel it's only fair that i contact the GM of this facility so that there's an opportunity for him to address the situation. We have vacationed at this location every year for 5 years. I have contacted 2 customer service reps about my issues and did it while i was vacationing at the hotel. However, they did not have a resolution to the inconveniencing that were caused. I was given a general response saying " we apologize for your inconvenience" so all that to say, I will edit/update my review when and If i hear from the GM. I've been told he is a great GM and would like to hear my story so i hope that is the case. I used to work for the hotel industry so i have grace for human mistakes but the fact that the customer service did not feel it was necessary to have a solution for the problems was more disheartening.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Been to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!