We arrived for a business/family vacation and stayed for 4 days. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They always greeted us with a sincere "good morning" or "hello" at every opportunity. Everything was clean and well organized. Very unique to have a boat ride (again the "captain" was very friendly) and exotic birds in the lobby. My 7 and 5 year old loved this.
The pools were nice, but a bit crowded. Also, would be nice to have a child area (shallow end or water slide) but this area is catered to guests 21. My children had a great time and did not complain. However they did get board after an hour or so. Drink prices are what you would expect ($8 for a can of beer, $13 for a Mojito), but they had plenty of free water with ice available. The Saturday day crowd at the pool was "interesting". 20 and early 30 somethings partying to a DJ, dressed scantily. However, we did not feel uncomfortable as security was ever present and all the guests stayed in line. Without kids it would have been pretty cool.
The food was wonderful, the grounds beautiful, excercise room spacious. The guests rooms were clean and comfortable, albeit ordinary. We liked the balcony which had plenty of room. We would also recommend The Living Desert Zoo (attraction) about 10 minutes from the hotel if you have kids. May even like it without kids. I am sure you can check out their website to see if it suits you. Anyway, would recommend this to anyone.
The only reasons for 4 out of 5 stars are the challanges of arriving at Palm Springs from New York (requires a connection) and the pool (which is great for adults, average for kids). Otherwise we would return every year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa Palm Desert, California Desert