JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$87
ComfortSuites
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$87
BestWestern.com
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$102
The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$125
  • Pool
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Pool
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$76
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$268
Hotels.com
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$106
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$74
2,435 results
All reviewsrockwood grilllobby barsushi bargolf courseboat rideexotic birdsself parkingpink flamingosbusiness conferencefisherman's landingpalm springsdesert springsmini golfpool areabeautiful groundsfitness centerspring break
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I like this hotel, it has a lovely lobby, staff is friendly, Room is spacious and bathroom is nice. However we stayed mid week when the temperature outside was 107. The pool was not too crowded but as soon as I got in I knew why, the water temp was almost as high as the outside temp. Not a relaxing cool dip which I was looking forward to. Not sure if there was a problem with the pool when we were there or they just have a hard time keeping pool from being too hot with high summer temperatures. At any rate nice hotel and staff overall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a great hotel and probably worth the prize, but you get a lot you do not necessarily need. It is also a bit far from everything and might be difficult to find if you are in the area for the first time.

The hotel has a golf field, well equipped fitness centers, three big heated pools, two hot tubs and several shops and restaurants.

You have to pay for "everything" and it would probably be better to pay the resort fee than to pay just for what you use. The resort fee also gives a 20% discounts on the restaurants.

If you get a room close to the lobby you might get a strong enough signal from the public area wifi to get internet access also in your room. However, inside those rooms there might be some noice from the lobby bar.

In the evening, after closing time of the restaurants by the pools, several guests bring their own glass containers to the pool area. The pool areas are also invaded by rabbits and birds swim in the pools and sit on the restaurants tables after dark.

If you plan to just stay on the hotel sunbathing, swimming and playing golf this hotel will be great. If not it will be expencive and inconvinient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BGK190479
Reviewed 12 July 2014

If you like big, mega and oversized resort and all that come with them, then this is your place. Multi giant pools, hotel is on a lovely golf course, has a big oversized lobby and a hotel that seems to be spread out and goes on for ever this is the place for you. This was our first stay and is was ok to just average. Even though I am top tier in the Marriott frequent guest program our room was the next to the last room farthest away from the lobby...we walked and walked to get to the lobby each time. I asked about my frequent guest amenities and I was politely told "this is a resort property"...(whatever that means) The Valet said they walk 8 miles a day. I believe it. The staff were generally friendly and ultra efficient. Hotel management have clearly told staff to maximize revenue and they sure try. We were there at the same time as a high school cheer leader camp...yea enough said. Lots of yelling and screaming high school girls everywhere.

If you like the giant, oversized, mega resort hotels this this is your hot spot, for others, who want a more personalized, charming customer service oriented hotel this may not be your place. BTW, across the street is an excellent restaurant Cork-Tree.

Room Tip: Get one near the lobby or you will walk and walk and walk...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrTravelinman
esther f, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Customer input is always welcomed and a vital part of our ability to serve our guest. I have made our management team aware of your concerns, particularly those retaled to your experience with check-in and your room preference. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in May. We had a wonderful time. Grounds are immaculate. Golf course was beautiful!
Breakfast at overlooking the lagoon with the swans was so nice.
Pool was fun...although the music "selection" could be updated!!

Room Tip: view of pool/golfcourse
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

A friend and I had a girls weekend away at the Desert Springs. We were upgraded to a pool view. It was stunning! Room is very nice. Nothing fancy but clean and comfy. The bathroom is excellent and pretty. The grounds are all amazing.... water, pool, beautiful flowers, etc. They even offer free boat tours before dinner time.

My complaints would be the pool wait staff on the Sunday we were there was very poor. We couldn't track down anyone (after 20 mins.) to bring us a drink so we had to go to the bar and order something. Also the drinks are ridiculously expensive.

On Monday, a sweet employee was bringing all the pool attendees ice waters as it was very hot.

We bought a Living Social deal and got the room for only $114 for the night including resort fee/parking. Highly recommend this beautiful resort. Would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: highly recommend getting a view of the pools
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends