Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$91
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$101
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$136
The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$147
Westin.com
  • Pool
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$76
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$268
US$204
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$124
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$280
Orbitz.com
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
US$74
All reviewsfront deskpancake machineyogurtsink areapalm springsthe breakfast areafree breakfastrancho miragefirst floorflat screen tvhot breakfastthe room was nicenice stayindian wellstennis courtsdaniellobby
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I vacationing from Canada had a wonderful stay at this Holiday inn Express. This was our second visit and once again we were extremely pleased with the caring staff and top notch service provided by them. The room with a balcony overlooking the pool and the mountains was delightful.
We certainly commend Luis the Manager for his hands on service ,along with topnotch service from his staff members: Melissa B, Vanessa, Lope, Charlene, and Graciela whose morning breakfast's were excellent!! Thanks to their excellent customer service, we will look forward to returning once again in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool also have great sunset views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lowart
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear lowart,

Wow, what amazing review! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such kind words about our hotel and team. We're very lucky and grateful to work with individuals like Melissa B, Vanessa, Lupe, Charlene and Graciela. We look forward to see you again in the future! ~Luis

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Unless you're traveling with a very small wheelchair, you must get the room with the king size bed. Two queens would make the room impossible to navigate. Likewise, the bathroom is too small to allow a comfortable turnaround. We asked about our "platinum freebie" and was told it was in the room. It wasn't. An adequate stay but nothing out of the ordinary. There may be better facilities nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Scrappy Texan,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the size of the room and the VIP basket you did not received as a valuable Platinum Member. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.~Luis

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Every time someone used the elevator there was a weird buzzing/humming noise in our room and the TV signal got static and/or lost audio. It was bizarre.
The hotel is clean, the grounds are lovely and the back pool area is quite nice.
The breakfast was good and the attendant was very good at keeping things clean and well stocked. The coffee was even ok.
The hotel is located a bit off the I-10 but convenient to local businesses and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear P L,

Thank you for submitting your review. While I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel centrally located, clean and our staff friendly, I am disappointed to hear that you
experienced some unusual elevator noise and TV malfunctions. I have sent a private message to you requesting additional information about your review and room location.
Thanks again for sharing and we wish you the absolute best in your travels.~Luis

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Except for the darn ac unit going on intermittently which made me pull on covers when it blew cold air, then toss off covers when the room got too warm again, this was a fine stay. Love the lobby and patios of this Holiday Inn. It has a nice vibe, and is well located to get to good restaurants, etc. Plus, they have 4 pillows on each bed, labeled as soft or firm. Love that! And I like the fact that breakfast is included, though you can get an excellent breakfast next door at John's Restaurant. (My personal choice here in PD!)

• Stayed: October 2013
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Niki G,

Thank you for submitting your review. I am very pleased to hear that you had a fine stay despite the issues with the A/C unit., I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back and provide a memorable stay.~Luis

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was my first extended visit to the Palm Springs area, and I was extremely pleased with the value at Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert (on CA-111, the main drag of the Desert Cities, at Hospitality Way.) Located in a cluster of moderately priced hotels, stores and restaurants, this appears to be a remodel of an older property; the rooms and public areas look freshly redone and well maintained.

Check-in was cordial, swift and easy. My room was quiet, with a small sitting & work area and two queen beds (each with four pillows of varying firmness), a big flat screen TV with HBO, cable and network channels, and a mini fridge and microwave. Wifi was free, fast and easy to access, and I made good use of the steam iron and ironing board provided. Air conditioning was efficient and cooled the whole room evenly. There was also a decent-sized private balcony and while my view wasn't as impressive as some other rooms', it was a nice place to hang out after the blazing sun went down.

Parking is ample; you're issued a pass to display on your dash. If you have many or heavy bags, be sure to grab a luggage cart from next to the entrance.

Breakfast offered the best variety I've seen at this range of hotel: in addition to warm cinnamon rolls, hot and cold cereal, several varieties of coffee and juice, they also offered mini Denver omelettes, sausage, bacon, and biscuits with gravy.

There's ample seating both inside (around the second floor balcony and lobby area) and out (a series of picnic tables under umbrellas or gazebos.) Spa water and warm cookies offered in the lobby, quiet, grassy grounds, tennis courts and a swimming pool make this feel more special than I expected. And you're within walking distance of restaurants, bars, shops and supermarkets, and a short drive from museums, golf, Living Desert, and the Palm Springs Tramway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the lawn and guest parking; those on the west side overlook other businesses. It's your call which is more pleasant; both sides of the hotel were exceptionally quiet the weekend I was there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank stvnptrk66

Dear Stnvptrk66,

We couldn't have said it better! We truly appreciate you choosing our hotel for your extended visit to Palm Springs! We are humbled by your wonderful and well written description of the hotel location, amenities and all the things we offer to our guests. Thanks again for your generous review and we wish you happy travels! ~Luis