“Fantastic balcony with golf course view”

Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were lucky to score an upstairs 2 bedroom 2 bath right on the golf course. The balcony was one of the biggest I've seen at any Marriott timeshare. It was peaceful and quiet. I spent every morning out there drinking my coffee and watching the early golfers, the many birds, and fun ducks.

You have your choice of pools. The main pool having a nice bar and snack area, with pool side service. This pool gets very busy on the weekends. Also there are many people celebrating their bachelorette and bachelor parties. It gets loud! If you don't mind that, you'll have a great time. If that's not your thing, you have many other pools to choose from.

There are also multi generational families here. Everyone having a wonderful time spending quality time together. Lots of things for everyone to do. Shade is the recreational building where they have classes, and projects for the kids/adults. Our daughter made the most beautiful necklace at one of the classes.

There are 2 gyms one at the main lobby and the other at Jasmine court. We used both. Really like the tv screens you can watch to make the time go faster on the treadmills.

The staff can not be nicer, be it the front desk, the management, the cleaning people and the electricians. We had a problem with our lock off unit/second bedroom, and it was addressed as soon as possible.

We BBQ'd most nights, the grills were right below out apt. We discovered Pacifica Seafood on El Paseo Drive in Palm Desert, and had 2 meals there during our weeks stay. Can't say enough about how good their Happy Hour drinks and snacks are!

Really enjoyed the entire stay. Will be back for sure.

There are newer reviews for Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Reviewed 29 May 2014

First time staying at this Marriot. What a large 2 bedroom and 2 bath! The full kitchen had everything we needed and the other bedroom had a small fridge and microwave too. Both rooms are nicely furnished and their are also two couches that turn into sleepers. It sleeps eight.
Our room was on the bottom floor facing the golf course. Beautiful view! We had coffee every morning on the patio, which was large and also had a small patio off the other room.
The resort has a shuttle you can take to the J.W. We went to see it and also to walk to the Ralphs grocery store across the street.
The resort also has very nice pools and food and drinks at the larger pool area.
My husband enjoyed golfing on their beautiful golf course. Great time at the Desert Springs Villas 11!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We ended up staying here for 2 nights when our flight was cancelled unexpectedly - we had spent a week at the Westin and ended up here when we needed a place to stay. On the outside this resort looks lovely, it is expansive and the golf course/mountains offer a nice backdrop for this resort. When we arrived we were given a room on the back of the property on the 2nd floor - note there are no elevators to the rooms, only outdoor stairs. Usually no issue, however we had a toddler and heavy bags it was not difficult, just annoying. When we entered the room we were immediately hit with a very strong smell - we were exhausted and thought it was just stuffy so opened the doors and turned on the AC hoping for the best. It didn't get better, in fact at about 11pm it was so powerful I couldn't sleep. It smelled like animal urine. The room itself was nice, the deck was lovely, however the room just didn't feel clean - there was dust in the bathroom and the towels were not clean. In the morning we went and switched rooms. This was no issue, however there didn't seem to be a real concern for how our previous room was maintained. Our new room was fine, didn't smell and was clean. We used the pools on Saturday and it was jammed packed. Not a chair to spare and little room to move in the pool. The pools were dirty as well, but to be expected with so many people there. We ate at the pool and the food was ok. Reasonable priced and ok. Again, having come from a different resort, this was just a different experience. Glad we experienced this location and will likely not return.

2  Thank EJV32012
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at Marriott Vacation Club properties before and have had great experiences. The grounds were meticulously maintained and all of the employees that I came in contact with were very welcoming and hospitable. My disappointment was in the room itself. I had a single room with a king bed, a sofa and a desk. The bathroom smelled a bit like urine. But, worst of all was the fact that there are glass block windows in the room that have no curtains. I mean really, I've never seen this before and has to be the worst hotel idea ever! I couldn't sleep past 6:30am because the room was lit up like I had every lamp on in the room. Next time, I would simply stay at the JW Marriott next door.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank barkwood66
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. We are disappointed to hear the villa you received did not work out due to the window and smell in the bathroom. Your feedback will be shared with the resort management team and we apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to truly exceed your expectations on your next visit to Palm Desert.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

You can't get much better than this place for Labor Day. The cost is cheap and so much to do. Golf, shopping, casino's, pools and good food. We love going to Mikado Japanese Steakhouse (at the JW next door, take advantage of the free shuttle), totally recommend going on Sunday night to beat the long weekend crowd and stay away from the nightclub on Saturday night. It can get crazy busy. We usually get 2 one bedroom villas, enough for 8 people including kids and tend to hang by the pool alot.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MARKNMEGHS
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for the great TripAdvisor review Mark & Megh! We are glad you can join us for Labor Day weekend and look forward to your next trip to Palm Desert!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

There are always problems at this resort. People were using the pool that where not staying there. I called the "Loose prevention", they did not do a thing! There are party's here that are out of control!! They do nothing.
I must say, house keeping does a great job, our villa is always very clean! Shadow ridge, never has had a problem there with security issues, Only Villas I and II.

3  Thank Desertfamily1

Thank you for your review of Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. While it is great to hear your housekeeping service was impeccable, we apologize that there was an issue at the pool. Our team would like to learn more about your experience and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The villas was well decorated with all of the things we needed. The grounds, including the pool, was well maintained. My biggest complaint was the fact that we were there for a week and did not get a mid week cleanup. Furthermore, if we wanted fresh towels there was a $10 charge. I traded my Diamond Resort week to come to this villa. I get a midweek cleanup with Diamond, and my other timeshare (Hilton). Also, I am never charged for clean towels. I always thought Marriotta was equal to the other organizations I mentioned. I am now questioning that. Don't nickel and dime me to death. The timeshare exchange should be enough for you. This was my second trip to this resort. Was it my last?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank M

Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas, Frank! We appreciate your feedback regarding the tidy service and will share this with the appropriate managers. Please know, services may be requested at any time during your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again so we may truly exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II? Share your experiences!