There are several highs and lows for this property. I am an owner but mainly use it to trade for other resorts. We hadn't used our unit for quite some time, but wanted to do several things in the Palm Desert/Springs area, and this resort is nicely located to do the local activities.
The cons are: Thin walls and lousy furniture. We could hear every step, flush of the toilet, movement of furniture and even a little TV noise from the residents above us to the point is was incredibly annoying. It was very noisy. I think they were noisier than most as they were constantly moving furniture around, but it was irritating. We did not hear anything from the neighbor on the first floor, so that was acceptable. The furniture is horrible -- probably the most uncomfortable sofa and bed I have ever experienced. The linens included heavy duvet spreads which were ridiculous for summer in spite of the air conditioning. They need to provide a nice light-weight blanket instead. The chairs in the unit were just OK.
I had to call maintenance twice and they responded within five minutes each time, which was great. I had to call them once because the blow drier stopped working. The other time was when someone did laundry in the facility outside the first floor units, the water backed up into my kitchen sink. The maintenance man cleared the clog in the line, but it was a mess. (We also had to wait to check into the unit as they were replacing a broken microwave as well as a window shade in our unit.)
On the plus side, the pools and grounds are very nice, the staff is friendly, and this is a nice location in the area that is close to great restaurants and features. There is free wi-fi in each unit, as well as a couple computers that are free to use in the lobby library area.
I am in no rush to go back until they replace the furniture and can guarantee me a 2nd story condo so there is no one above me, Instead, we will probably use this to trade for another location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the base of the Santa Rosa Mountains you'll find 10 buildings clustered around a beautiful water feature, and surrounded by lush landscaping; Desert Breezes Resort condominiums offer exquisite luxury and comfort. Each Mediterranean-style villa has a fully equipped kitchen and cozy furnishings, and the resort includes multiple pools and spas and on-site clubhouses. It's your perfect home-away-from-home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Desert Breezes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Breezes Hotel Palm Desert
- Desert Breezes Palm
- Desert Breezes Resort Palm Desert, California Desert