On the outside, this resort looks pretty nice, but from the inside it's a different story.
The units, and the onsite management, (including housekeeping and maintenance) are in desperate need of an overhaul. Upon our unfortunate arrival to the 2 bedroom unit, the 4 of us, (6 pp capacity) immediately noticed the dirty condtions. It was very obvious, even to the most forgiving person, that years of dirt had been allowed to build up. From the permanently stained walls and cabinets (inside and out) and microwave that was sticky/gummy with food, to the carpeted floors and furniture that had not been vacuumed or cleaned for a very long time. The smell of rotting foam rubber carpet padding, permeated the place. The refrigerator had a daily flood of water that accumulated under the drawers and ran out onto the floor. When the AC turned on, it sounded like a convoy of semi's coming through the place.
There were several safety issues such as exposed wires hanging out from 3 uncovered electrical outlets. We had to alternate showers, and toilets could not be flushed during a shower, because of the immediate scalding you'd received.
Both bathrooms were disgusting, with peeling enamel from the shower stall floor and the tub's floor and sides, and both were stained from years of use. Thick black mildew outlined the tile walls, with caulking faling out.
There were only 2 bathrobes in this unit for 6. We asked for 2 more, and they absolutely refused to give us any more, saying, "You only get 2, even if the unit is for 6." This is the attitude we dealt with throughout our week long stay.
Neither bedroom had a chair, mirror or table. The second bedroom had no alarm clock or TV, but both had been promised by the management before our arrival. The second bedroom had no nightstand of any kind, with only 2 very small dim wall lights. The furniture consisted of 2 twin beds and 2 small 3-drawer chests, and that's it. In this same bedroom, the sliding closet door was broken and was leaning against the wall.
The walls are extremely thin. We wound up listening to the TV below us (as in every word) until 3:30AM for several nights.
Each building has 6 units and one small hot tub. The black algae covering the inside of the tub, was so extreme, it was unusable. It need to be drained and scrubbed, but when we asked them to clean it, their answer was to dump more chlorine into the tub.
The topper was, they told us if we needed replacement towels before our midweek cleaning, (and I use the word cleaning loosely) we had to haul them 21/2 blocks down to the laundry room, next to the clubhouse. They proceeded to count the amount and type of towels we turned in, and replaced only those towels, then we signed for that amount. I asked for 4 addtional pool towels (you are allowed 4) and they made me feel like a criminal.
As you can imagine, we made a series of calls to the front desk almost everyday, for basic things (like a sponge and toilet paper) that should have been provided without asking. A few items were taken care of, but mostly WE were left to do the clean up and hauling towels etc. We were frustrated and tired of having to pursue another problem on a daily basis. We actually bought cleaning supplies to help with the living condtions.
Thanks to the Desert Breezes Resort, we couldn't wait to come home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the base of the Santa Rosa Mountains you'll find 10 buildings clustered around a beautiful water feature, and surrounded by lush landscaping; Desert Breezes Resort condominiums offer exquisite luxury and comfort. Each Mediterranean-style villa has a fully equipped kitchen and cozy furnishings, and the resort includes multiple pools and spas and on-site clubhouses. It's your perfect home-away-from-home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Desert Breezes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Breezes Hotel Palm Desert
- Desert Breezes Palm
- Desert Breezes Resort Palm Desert, California Desert