“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Temple City, California
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

When I have to travel almost weekly to Palm Desert, I want to find a place where the hotel management and staff recognize you as a person and not just a transient guest. Staff at Courtyard Palm Desert are friendly, helpful and responsive. All the staff recognize me when I walk into the property, it does make me feel special. Management has changed from Marriott to a new management team. The new management company has certainly made some improvements in services. It brings back free coffee in the morning and provides cookies at the end of day at the lobby. They try to have happy hours and during the football season to attract guests to enjoy the spacious and comfortable lobby. They also gives some token gifts like a bottle of water and cookies when you arrive the first night. These are all good things. Though I hope they will provide free breakfast to frequent business travelers like me.

The rooms are comfortable and spacious. However, the WiFi is spotty depend which side of the property the room is. Rooms on the east side of the property have better receptions then those facing west. I noticed that the hotel just changes out all the towels which are much better than the old, thin, wore out ones.

All in all, the property is up-to-date and I have enjoyed my stays here.

Room Tip: Rooms on east side of the property have better WiFi receptions.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jackie H, Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to see that we are your home away from home. Our goal is to provide each guest with excellent service and I am proud to see that our staff met our and your expectations. We look forward in seeing you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Eastern WA
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not along the freeway, yet still easy to find! I wasn't woken by trucks or a train. Price is reasonable. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast menu is good and includes Starbucks! (Not free.) Staff is friendly. Definitely my top pick foot this area.

Stayed January 2014
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert! I am happy to hear you were able to catch up on some rest. I hope we will see you again in the near future!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Great location. You have a variety of places in the area for eating, entertainment or just a relaxing walk in downtown We were gonna take a cab to the casino but since it was an hour wait we drove. Was not that far, but make sure you have a designated driver to drive you back. Was New Year's Eve so was a little tough on the not drinking part. LolThanks for a pleasant stay

• Stayed December 2013
Jackie H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Palm Desert. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My son and I stayed here on our way home from the Christmas holidays with family. The location is convenient to the freeway. The hotel is clean and the service was good. Check in was quick and easy. On the negative side the beds aren't great, probably time for new mattresses. Definitely time for new linens. The sheets were super thin and the towels needed some fabric softener. I had to have maintenance up to fix a clogged toilet. That did get me two coupons for free dinners but we had already had dinner. We also had the joy of a false fire alarm which of course happens but it took forever to get it to stop. The worst part was no complimentary breakfast. Dumpy motels give you that but here you have to pay. Luckily they were nice enough to exchange my useless dinner coupons for breakfast. Overall it was fine for a place to stop over night but I can't recommend it for a longer stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank susanono
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in Palm Desert. I am very sorry to hear of the troubles during your stay. The mattresses are routinely changed throughout the year. All Courtyards by Marriott are unfortunately not allowed to issue complimentary breakfasts due to company regulations. I am happy to hear the front desk was able to exchange your complimentary dinner for breakfast. I hope you have safe travels throughout the holidays and have a happy new year!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 December 2013

As a Marriott reward points member and Vacation Club owner I did a lot of research prior to staying at this location and I am relly glad that I stayed here.

Jackie made check in lightning quick, the room was spacious and clean, and even though the hotel is close to the highway, I did not have a problem with noise. A minor technical issue I had were with the WIFI. Being in the furthest room from the lobby was perhaps why the WIFI was occasionally problematic, but both computers in the lobby were working fine plus it is Christmas time./who needs WiFi for God's sake/..

Although I did have these minor technical issues, I don't think should detract from, what otherwise was, a great experience. Can't understand people complaining about matrasses..etc.
For the comfort, location, staff and overall value I give the hotel top marks.
Did I mention five diamonds service I received from Jackie Hurtado..? Prior to my stay here I stayed in London and Heidelberg, Germany..nothing to compare with. What makes Marriott and Ritz is the employees../not the matrasses/.
Jackie, Marriott and your GM should be proud to have you onboard.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the pool and not facing Frank Sinatra way.. ask for great dining on El Paseo- Des...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jimmy M
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your praises with Jackie personally. We hope to see you again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 1 December 2013

There was a time when we looked forward to staying at any Courtyard no matter where it was. You would always get consistency no matter the location. Those times have changed. And keep in mind we are Marriott rewards members and will be changing to Hilton Honors. We just spent two nights at this Courtyard. The first thing we noticed in coming in from the parking lot was a towel on the floor by the entry door and dirt and sand all over the floor. We got to our room and whereas all hotels nowadays have a refrigerator this room had none. We have stayed at Hampton Inns recently and each room is welcoming, lobby areas and hallways are clean, they provide breakfast, hot coffee and tea all day and Courtyards provide nothing except lemon water in their lobby. They have not kept upn with the times and offer their guests nothing. They seem to think by modernizing their lobbies that they are catering to business people but it is a joke. The rooms offer very few plugs for folks to plug in their electronic items and just no longer have the refreshing look they used to in the past. We will never stay at a Courtyard again until they decide to catch up with the competition. There are so many other choices in Palm Desert. It is no wonder why this hotel is one of the lowestrated in the area. As mentioned earlier we are quitting Marriott Rewards and switching to Hilton Honors. We feel hotels like Hampton Inn understand their customers better. They don't pretend to respect their clientele by prettying up their lobby with a phony modern facade and totally neglect the rest of the hotels. Kids running through the halls and taking over the Fitness Center for two days. We will not be returning to Courtyard.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lin l
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I do apologize for what you found during your arrival as this is unacceptable to me. We will review this with our staff to ensure that this does not continue. Our hotel is equipped with portable refrigerators and microwaves that can be brought upon request. It is our property and company goal to promote the very best service available, thank you for providing us with valued feedback. We hope you have safe travels during the holiday season.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here one night for business. The clerk was helpful. I stayed on the third floor with window towards parking lot and couldn't hear any outside noises. The bed was fine, the t.v. was large, and room was clean. They also have a full service café with starbucks coffee, wine and beer. There are also computers available and a printer. Only downside was that they have wall units for AC and mine was incredibly loud and rattled. No perks but other than AC, served its purpose for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert! We appreciate any and all feedback from your stay. We routinely service and change out our AC units; we will make sure to look into the room you stayed in to ensure the issue is fixed or unit is changed out. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience, we hope to see you again soon in the near future.