My husband and I came to your hotel in 2009 for our first weekend away together. Almost a year from our visit, we returned to your hotel for our pre-honeymoon! When we came in 2009, our first room had a cricket and when we asked to be relocated you graciously moved us to a new room - which had a broken air conditioner. We didn't complain about it at the time because we really wanted to get to sleep. Needless to say, we didn't return to your hotel because of past experiences, but because it was sentimental to us. This time I booked us the whirlpool room for the additional charge, hoping that it would be big enough for the two of us to share, but knowing that past experience with hotels in general has shown that "Whirlpool Tub" usually means a standard tub with jets. You never know how your room is actually going to turn out based on the hotel descriptions... However, as soon as I saw our GIANT whirlpool tub I jumped into the air with excitement. It was beyond my expectations. Other room details that surpassed expectations: Bed Comfort, Bed Linens and Pillows, free easy to use in-room internet, towels at the pool & enough pool chairs and lounges for all guests even with an entire wedding party attempting to take over...
In addition, I would like you to know that your staff is amazing! The young woman working the desk when we arrived late on Friday night was very friendly. She checked us in smoothly, congratulated us (based on the honeymoon note I made when booking), and informed us of the shift change that would be happening shortly should we need anything. The next morning we went to breakfast in the hotel since it was free and we were overwhelmed by the service and food options. It really felt like we were in a restaurant by the way we were taken care of by the young woman on staff there. She informed us of an open table, but since we were in our little romance bubble we asked if it would be ok to sit away from the rest of the guest at a table by the window. She said that would be perfectly fine and set us up with coffee at the table we wanted. On the way back to the room after breakfast, we were greeted by 3 different hotel personnel. We prefer not to have room service when ever we stay for a weekend, so although our room had the do-not-disturb tag on the handle, the woman cleaning the room across the way saw us in the hall and asked if we would like a couple of clean towels.
I probably would have chosen a different room location, had I been the one planning a room for honeymooners. We were placed right next to a room of small children - we could hear them playing. Lucky for us, we don't mind kids. In addition, the walls must have been pretty well insulated because we could only vaguely hear them. But in general, it's probably not a good idea to book a honeymooning couple and a family with kids in adjacent rooms.
Really, the room location was my only complaint - and it's only a half complaint because I'm saying something on behalf of other guest that might be more sensitive to kids than we were. I have seen other online reviews where people mentioned the lack of a microwave and refrigerator, which I guess could be a problem for long term stays. In addition, I've seen some things about the hotel being "old", "rundown", or "dirty" - SO NOT TRUE. I didn't walk around with a white glove or anything, but it felt very clean to me and it's wasn't out of date in 2009 or this last trip.
Honestly, the hotel is a fair distance away from the nightlife, and without a transportation option (other than expensive taxies) we have talked about staying in a hotel closer to other activities when we return next year. But then again, we had such a great experience this time it might be ok to spend the money we save by staying with you on a taxi to get to the nightlife. After all, the Palm Dessert Courtyard Marriott is more than a hotel to us now - it's where our relationship started, and where we celebrated our first weekend as a married couple.
(and that whirlpool tub really is amazing!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling-new renovations, plenty of creature comforts, and a simply unbeatable location: the Courtyard Palm Desert is a veritable oasis for guests on business trips, weekend getaways, and family vacations. With a recently renovated lobby, a gorgeous onsite restaurant, The Bistro, and an array of modern amenities including tennis courts, our Palm Desert hotel suits even the most seasoned of travelers. There's a wealth of activity outside our doors, too. Indulge in jaw-dropping views of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Go for par at over 30 golf courses nearby, including Desert Willow Golf Resort, or try your luck at area casinos. A shoppers' paradise awaits nearby at the renowned El Paseo Shopping District, while natural beauty abounds at Mt. San Jacinto, easily accessible by the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. Come see what's in store at one of the top hotels in Palm Desert, CA, then book your getaway online today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Courtyard
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Courtyard Palm Desert California Desert