“I love this place but was really disappointed this trip.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Embarc Palm Desert

Embarc Palm Desert
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Yorba Linda, California
“I love this place but was really disappointed this trip.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We are Intrawest members and love going for the weekend to the Palm Desert Intrawest,however this time I was really disappointed in the honesty of someone (stop short of saying the cleaning staff). It is peaceful and lovely at this place so we go fairly often..when we can find it available. This trip I stupidly went off and left my purse in the room. It wasn't found by the cleaning staff when they cleaned after us. I called a couple days later after going thru the car, etc, several times and finally realizing I never left the room with it. By then I think it had been cleaned again and had others in it. It was about 3 days after that that it was cleaned again and I was called to say they had found it. How all of us missed it in the room is what I don't understand and no one could tell me where it was found. I'm very happy to have my credit card back untouched, and my license so I don't have to deal with the DMV, but I know for sure I had a $100 bill and a $50 bill in there (gifts I had not spent) but they were not in there when it was mailed to me. Intrawest tried to tell me that their cleaning staff would never be dishonest, and I can't blame anyone given there were guests and cleaners in there a few times before it was found almost a week later..which I still find very odd, but its disappointing. I had planned on sending the $50 to the cleaning person who turned it in. My fault for making the dumb mistake. Could have been worse.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fusspottt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cherry Valley Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week at this resort and it is incredible. Well stocked kitchens. Lots of pools, tennis courts, covered basketball half court. There were 11 of us from 6 to 83 and everyone had a great time. Lots of areas available to host 11 people. BBQs everywhere. There is a Ralph's a short walk away. Great golf at desert willows also a walk away.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank goawayglen
Waterville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I both agreed that this is the prettiest resort that we have been. It is very scenic with the grounds well manicured. It is also very quiet and relaxing. If you are looking for a place to kick back and take it easy, this is the place for you. Friendly staff. Nice rooms. Could not have asked for more. Would definately return. Four nice pool areas to choose from. Not big pools, but very nice and big enough. Family and adult pool areas to use. Two nice tennis courts that are well lighted for night play and in an area where the noise might bother guests in their rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobZe2014
Saskatoon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Club Intrawest in December of 2013. We were there for a very short stay for a long weekend. They room was very clean and spacious. We liked the design and feel of the room and the small private deck and fireplace.

If you don't mind a bit of driving the hotel is in a great location.

One thing that really impressed me about this resort was the manner in which the tended to a problem we had. We flew Westjet. The fight from Saskatoon in a connecting flight which connects in Calgary. To make a long story shot Westjet sells a flight on which the international conneciton is near impossible in the time they allow. Our plane departed about 35 minutes late and before we even made it into the airport we were being told our connecting flights doors were closed and we would not be able to board. Accordingly, if the plane had been on time, just the 20 minutes to pick up our luggage and the time to go through security and customs would have made us miss our flight.

In any event we missed the first night of our stay with Intrawest. They were very accomodating and without question graciously refunded the first night of our pre-paid stay.

Classy move to say the least. In contrast getting compensated by Westjet for them screwing up our weekend holiday was not so easy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randy K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

It was a bit cool during our weeks stay, but still a reprieve from the sub zero cold and snow at home! Beautiful views, colorful apartments and coffee and papers in the lobby every day. Can't ask for more! Pleasant helpful staff. Free laundry and they even provide the detergent. Loved seeing hummingbirds and roadrunners!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ouch88
Gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

First time for my wife and I to stay at CIPD. We had the one bed room which was so California cool with a stocked kitchen. The balconys and the views were awsome (one morning we shared it with a Great Horned Owl). Palm Desert is a nice town and you need a car but the pool and peacefullness back at the resort I found was a relief from driving. No heavy pressure to purchase a membership. Front desk are pro's and the people working around the resort are caring delegent workers. I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hydroarp
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We arrived to Palm Desert as a one night stopover travelling by car LA to Flagstaff AZ. We needed a comfortable place to chill and we were impressed by Palm Desert and surrounds. My wife and two boys 11 and 7 loved the separate bedrooms and the kitchen facility was excellent. The place was very clean and well presented. The staff were friendly and efficient. The only minor problem was that we were given the wrong password for the free wifi. This matter was rectified very quickly and with an apology. As the title says, one night is not enough!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Embarc Palm Desert? Share your experiences!