“Great breakfast”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
La Crescenta, California
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We have been here several times over the years and have had great service and breakfast. Great swimming pool. I love the two room suites. We brought our daughter and grandson to see a home in Indio we want to buy. Palm Desert has alot to do and Ruths Chris restaurant is right next door, so you can walk there and the food is excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had to move to this property mid vacation because of internet issues at another property, The hotel was very accommodating and let us check in early in the morning which was so appreciated. The room was great and had everything we needed with lots of space. It was clean and had just the amenities we needed. The breakfast is amazing...best I've seen in a hotel for no extra charge. If you went hungry in the morning, your own fault. The happy hour each night was also no charge....very busy...but very good....snacks a bit lacking, but hard to keep stocked as people take huge portions. The property is in a good location...about 20 minute walk to El Paseo. The only negative was the $10 charge per day per device for the internet. I think that this might be negotiable, but it worked well and that was the important thing for us. There is also a very good business center and Starbucks is next door so there are options. The pool and area are wonderful...really a nice property.

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

WE stayed here because our regular hotel was sold out and we are glad we did. The location was close to great shopping and they had a good restaurant on site. The staff was nice and the room and grounds were very nice and secure.

Lagunitas, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel showed up as 'pet friendly' so that is why we booked a stay. After a 9 hour drive, the check in was slow and unfriendly. Next, we were informed that there would be a $75 extra charge to get a 'pet friendly' room. At no point in the booking process was this extra charge presented. BEWARE- this is the classic bait and switch game foisted on unwary and exhausted travelers. I would never stay with these miserable corporate minions again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the lack of information on our pet fee however, upon booking the reservation I do not see where it is noted that you would be travelling with a pet. If the reservation agent is not aware of a pet, they would not quote the pet policy or pet fee. Again I apologize for your inconvenience and hope you will give us another chance to take care of your travel needs. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Poway, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The suite was exactly what we asked for: a living room with a tv refrigerator, coffee maker; a bedroom with 2 comfortable beds; very good breakfast; good happy hour; quiet; staff very nice and helpful. Internet was free and worked. Location is near shopping and golf courses and dining.

Fullerton, California
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Based on other reviews, and the lure of a good breakfast, I stayed here for four days and three nights. Upon arrival, I was told that I must take a second floor room. After I repeated my request for a third floor room, I was given one, despite the fact that the same person had just stated that there were no third floor rooms available.

When I got to my room, it was old, and small. The bathroom was extra small. The bed was nice, but there was a loud buzzing sound from an hvac unit somewhere. The buzzing noise never stopped during my entire stay, whether or not my ac was on or off. There was no room safe or closet, only a dresser.

Breakfast was okay, but there were birds inside the dining area which I thought was unsanitary. The swimming pool was nice and is the only reason why I gave two stars not one star. Staff was unfriendly, and I felt like I was at a motel, not a hotel.

As a hilton gold member, I should have received a room upgrade and a late check out, however, I was informed that due to the occupancy levels that there would be no upgrade and it was their policy for no late check out. I walked through the entire hotel on my way to the exercise room, and more than half the rooms were unoccupied.

The exercise room had two treadmills, one didn't work, and the other was not working properly.

I would not recommend this hotel. I would not return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Best Regards,

Susan Allison
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights when day hiking in Joshua Tree NP. The facility was as advertised. It is about 10 minutes from I-10 and 3-5 minutes from El Paseo shops and restaurants. Checkin and check out both quick and easy. Exterior hallways, our room door faced the pool and the window faced the parking lot. The tiny balcony was not accessible. The two room suite was nice: sink in both front room and bedroom, TVs in both rooms, mini fridge, microwave. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet so no trouble sleeping well. We weren't able to have the breakfast or evening complimentary drinks, so I can't comment. Heated salt water pool was quite large and enjoyable. Note in early Nov, the entire pool deck was in the shade by about 3 pm. Several nice restaurants nearby on El Paseo and Ruth's Chris next door to hotel.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room so no noise from above.