“Night stay”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
monrovia, United States
“Night stay”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very nice, claen and safe, good location. Would visit again. Can't beat the weather in the winter. Visit the Living Desert Museum! Great shopping. Great dining. Close to everything in the Palm Springs area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My friend and I went on an over night golfing trip and stayed in the Embassy Suite. I sleep in the living room and my friend sleep in the bed room. The value for the dollar was fantastic. That being said, the room was inexpensively decorated and the sleeper couch was uncomfortable. The air conditioning did not seem to work, but since this was in December, we just opened the windows for awhile and that fixed the problem. Great value for the dollar, but very average otherwise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The amenities (tennis courts, complimentary cooked to order hot breakfast & cocktail hour, chilled lemon water in lobby, fitness room, heated pool and spa) outweighed old furnishings and poor insulation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The amount of space in the rooms is great. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The location is good. The bartender for happy hour is very friendly and very helpful. He is also helpful in pointing out interesting areas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Elaine B
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Interior of lampshades torn, mildew in tub surround, chipped toilet seat, main living area TV not functioning properly, they wanted to give me a ground floor, exterior parking area window room when the hotel hardly had anyone there. Cheap, outdated furnishings. I could hear every step of the people staying above me,toilet flushing, water running showering.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank hutchcal
Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the area. As a guest we strive to make your experience the best possible and we apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we work to improve our on-property experience. We hope you will give us another try so we may demonstrate our commitment to your loyalty to the Hilton Brand. We are also in the planning stages of a renovation in 2014. Please contact the hotel directly for your future visit and I will personally take care of your reservations.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I made a mistake. I generally find Embassy Suites to be very good places to stay, and I didn't bother checking TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor rates this hotel #18 out of 22 in Palm Desert - not too good. The hotel doesn't fit the usual Embassy Suites mold of a multistory hotel surrounding an enclosed area. This hotel has three stories surrounding a pool and an activity center, which they use for the evening reception and the buffet breakfast in the morning. The front desk person told me that the hotel had been purchased in the 1980's from some other hotel chain and was converted to an Embassy Suites. My guess is that it was formerly something like a Best Western, moderate quality and ambiance.

The price at this Embassy Suites was roughly $50 more than I paid at a very nice Embassy Suites adjacent to LAX the night before. In addition to being pricey and not very nice, there were a litany of issues. First off, the key card to our room did not work the first time; back to the desk to get a new set of key cards. No bottled water was provided (I am a HiltonHonors member, and they usually provide bottled water upon check in for HiltonHonors members). There was no bedding for the sleeper sofa, which my teen age daughter subsequently described as the worst bed she had ever slept in (no teen age drama here, of course). There was no way to control the room temperature, even though the thermostat registered tenths of degrees. The room was going to be 73.6 degrees, like it or not. In the bathroom, the grout in the bath tub tile was half clean looking and half discolored by mildew. Yuck! The reception area felt like a college dorm commons area. To give you an idea of the clientele, the woman behind me in line for the breakfast buffet helped herself to some of the tip money when the chef wasn't looking. Later in the day, the maid only managed to provide two sets of towels for the three of us staying in the room a second night. By then I was too annoyed to make another trip to the front desk and just made do with whatever we had. The employees generally did not make eye contact and make one feel welcome. If this was a Super8 Motel, I would have rated it as average. Since I expect a lot more from an Embassy Suites, I can only rate it as poor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Oskarduck
Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the area. As a Hilton Honors member we strive to make your experience the best possible and we apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we work to improve our on-property experience. We hope you will give us another try so we may demonstrate our commitment to your loyalty to the Hilton Brand. Please contact the hotel directly for your future visit and I will personally take care of your reservations.

Best Regards
Reviewed 2 December 2013

the service in this hotel is excellent, i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. the staff and front desk was very courteous and everything was extremely smooth. I had to cancel one of my nights due to a family emergency and the whole process was handled extremely professionally and well. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert? Share your experiences!