“Poor Customer Service”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
San Diego, California
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The customer service I got from the front desk agent who checked me in was very poor. This was my first stay at this hotel, and most likely the last. I did not feel welcomed. There were 2 staff behind the desk, I waited for one of them to check me in (not a long wait). The front desk agent who checked me in (I believe the name is Ester) looked up and just stared at me. Did not ask if I needed help or if I was there to check in, did not even smile. I asked her if she was open to check me in, she said yes. First thing that she said (other than the 'yes' answer) "ID and credit card" at the same time she was trying to explain to the other person about another person's reservation. Then, she took out the key packet, opened it so I can see the room number (did not even say a word about the room, did not say the room number, just opened the packet!). Showed the map, drew a line showing going out of the lobby and going around the building to get to the room. She did not mention anything about the room price, the departure date, pool hours, anything! I said thank you and turned away. When I looked back, she was already gone. I asked the other staff behind the desk if I can get to the room through the garden area, she said yes. This was not offered or showed at all by the first agent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Proud to say I received a great value for my money when I attended the event hosted at Embassy Suites. I was very empressed by the amenities and the facility over all. The protien bar was a new concept and I loved the made to order omelets! The banquet/meeting rooms were adequate for our group giving us privacy and a great experience altogether.
Sisters who Ride and LAW board with Embassy suites made this a very memorable first overnight ride for me!
Rolla$z

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank BikerBae
Corona, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had a great stay. The service the staff and the happy hour were all very nice. Our suite was very clean as well. The women's bike event made our stay that much more pleasant. They were respectful abs seem to just be enjoying there time together. Cobtray to another comment above.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

hotel is not worth the amount charged, drinks are too expensive and staff tends to be rude at times. my card was charges 8 unauthorized charges far above what was authorized had to get the bank to return funds because hotel refused to do it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Susan A, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and your recent stay wity us. Our management team takes into account our guests perceptionin order to develop the further training of our staff members. Again, thank you for your time and enjoy the day.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel staff and room was excellent, the property is very clean and the staff was very nice. I always stay at Embassy Suites because they keep the same format at all the properties I've stayed at so far.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Will never stay here again. The first day was fine. Nice and peaceful around the pool, however, the second day the ladies motorcycle gang came with their friends...over 100 bikers. We could not use the pool since they were having a grand old time drinking, peeing and throwing up in the pool.

If I was told that there would be a motorcycle gang, I would have stayed at another place. When I complained to the manager, I was told that they were having their annual party and that they did not have to inform me at the reservation booking.

Now for the breakfast. The food was divided in 2 rooms. One was the kitchen where you picked up your bacon or sausage. Then you went outside to the dinning room where you got the rest of the food. French toast fingers (frozen...not freshly made), eggs, etc. By the time you got all your food, the bacon was cold. I've had better breakfasts at Comfort Inn motels.

The service at the restaurant was terrible. Had to request water numerous times until I got it. When the food arrived, was told that she would bring the ketchup for my fries right away. Fortunately I don't care for ketchup since she never brought it.

Room Tip: Motel 6 would have been better
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Harriet H
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property and voice your comments and concerns. We review all our guests feedback so that we can better meet and exceed their expectations. We were very busy with several different groups in house and I apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our management team will utilize your comments and concerns further training of our staff. I hope you will give us another chance to exceed you expectations. Have a great day.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The rooms (we looked at two) smelled awful. I had asked for a room to be cleaned hypoallergenically. The first room we saw smelled terrible. Musty, dirty, and sour. The room we ended up in was barely better. The carpet felt sticky and dirty. There was a hair on the toilet when we arrived. In the morning my husband found a cockroach on the bathroom floor. He thought he killed it but when I went into the bathroom later it was wiggling on the floor. The whole experience was a disappointment. When we reported it, the engineer who came to the room just said this is what happens in the desert, the bugs come through the open door. We've stayed at many different hotels in the desert and never had this happen. The desk clerk, offered us a coupon to stay at the hotel again, which would never happen, and then only offered us a $25 compensation. We are waiting to see if that happens. We stayed the next day at your chains Homewood Suites in AZ and had a wonderful experience. This hotel is way below the standards of Hilton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 30JillW
Good Morning,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. We value your comments and concerns and want to make sure to take care of all of our guests and to exceed their expectations. We strive for great service and an even higher level of guest experience. I hope you return to our porperty so that we may take better care of you and your expectations. Thank you and have a great day.