“Excellent Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice, and both times were enjoyable in every respect. Loved the green, spacious pool/hot tub grounds and the helpful, courteous employees. Manager's reception and breakfast are major pluses.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

the outside grounds at this hotel gave us a bad impression upon first arrival, but once inside and in our room we were very pleased. it is a very family friendly hotel great for weekend getaways. I highly recommend the restaurant at the hotel. The food was very fresh and well prepared the server was very attentive and came by always at the perfect time.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place had a staff that appeared to all work as a team, the few that impressed me was Clarice, Susan, Kenny, and the GM Peter. The room we had was wonderful. The court yards were very nice and wow at night with the trees lite up. Kenny worked the managers reception most nights. I do have to say that on Friday and Saturday night he should have a bar back to help out. One thing about the rooms that I think would of helped with the air conditioning is maybe a ceiling fan in both the living area and the bedroom. but I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Nice, clean, spacious room, friendly hotel staff. Always enjoy the complimentary breakfast and evening reception. Palm Desert is very hot, but the a/c in this hotel worked very efficiently. Very close to some great shopping and great dining. Enjoyed the extremely large pool and the overall mission style of the property.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

WORST Embassy Suites we've ever stayed at! Hubby & I stayed at Embassy Suites Palm Desert for the weekend. We noticed that in some rooms, a LOT of people were staying in one room, like 8-12 people in a 1 or 2 room suite, as if the people who reserved the room invited extended family or friends to stay with them AND THEY BROUGHT THEIR DOGS! Not little dogs, BIG dogs, and they weren't service dogs either. The pool was CROWDED and some country bumpkin brought his karaoke machine to the pool area to serve as a boom box. The pool wasn't even cool, was warm like bath water. Then pool was closed on Sunday with no explanation except for a sign to go to pool at a hotel across the street- how ghetto. Only 1 bartender for manager's reception made for a really long wait and long line. Breakfast was no good either as there was only 1 chef at omelet station, again long line, long wait. Hotel management did not add extra waitstaff to help with the lines, did not do anything about the people who brought the dogs, basically did not do anything. Will not stay at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernadette W
Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good Afternoon,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We get a lot of families that will book multiple rooms for a little reunion or multi family vacation. As the temperatures here in the desert get up over 100 degrees daily, our pool tends to be warm as it is warmed all day by the sun and the temperatures at night most nights don't drop below 90 degrees. As equipment can malfunction or break at times, which is beyond our control, we had to close our pool in order to make the repair. We made arrangements for our guests to use the pool across the street for the few hours that ours was closed. Again, I thank you for your time and hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay and affordable! The service is excellent and the complimentary breakfast is great! Although, it would be helpful if the breakfast was stopped at 10:00 am instead of 9:00 am, for those of us that are vacationing and would like to sleep a little. I would recommend this hotel!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Worst excuse for an Embassy Suites I've ever seen.

First thing was when I called the hotel for a ride from the Airport, and they didn't offer shuttle service from Palm Beach International. So I rented a car and asked the front desk for directions, and of course, they were wrong. I called back, and they gave me new directions, and those were wrong. 3rd times a charm, but I had to ask another HOTEL for directions to Embassy Suites.
They got me where I needed to be.

Got to the hotel, and the front desk was a madhouse. Only one clerk who was checking in and also answering the phone. Kids running everywhere. I finally got checked in by a rude woman who has about had it with all the problems.

Went up to the room, and the room they put me in had been broken into previously. Deadbolt broken right off. Door would not secure. I asked for another room. They said maintence would come up and fix it. He could not. Also the air conditioning was broken and it was 112 degrees out.

Room was old and smelly. Ice machine was gross and had not been cleaned in years.

This place gets my vote for WORST Embassy Suites anyplace.

Room Tip: Choose any other hotel in the area. This one is terrible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Susan A, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good Afternoon,

I apologize for any miss-communication regarding directions and getting you to our property and for the challenges you faced upon arrival. Our management team reviews all reviews for out property so that we may better serve you and all of our guests. We also find our guest's comments and concerns are valuable to further training of our staff members. We area currently renovating the property and hope you will give us another chance to take care of your reservation needs. I thank you for your time and hope you have a great day.