“Good deal for you money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Chula Vista, United States
“Good deal for you money”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is dated but clean. You get a pretty decent braskfast with lots of option for the whole family. The managers reception is a bit limited, it used to have more appetizers, this time we only got some chips & salsa. Not bad, but we were used to something else. Overall, you will enjoy a nice time in the hotel without the need of spending a lot of money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Grass Valley, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Don't use the "advanced pay" reservation. Not all Embassy Suites have this feature and if your travel plans change you cannot transfer reservations to another Embassy Suites if they don't use the "advanced pay" option, even if it's for the same dates.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice hotel with two room suites. I arrived on a very busy weekend and the hotel seemed packed with guest. The hotel swimming pool was active until late in the evening. Luckily my room was in the far corner of the hotel on the 3rd floor away from the noise of the guest enjoying themselves around the pool area. It was very quite where my room was.

The check in/out was fast and efficient. The free morning breakfast was very good with one or two hard working employee manning the grill to make the hotel guest custom omelets, eggs or pancakes. I would recommend the breakfast at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to have a quiet time or need to get to bed early then ask for a room on the 3rd floor in...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Chino Hills, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel tries hard to please it's guests. We are HH guests with no major requests. We asked for extra towels and promptly received them. We didn't ask for downstairs rooms but were pleased to receive one. We didn't ask to be close to pool and Breakfast area but were right there. Our stay was pleasant. Only issue was with dinner restaurant which was promptly rectified.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Huntington Beach, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Overall great place, but the creaking noises from the 3rd floor from people above us were ridiculous! Very loud creaking from people all night pacing in the room above us. Be sure to ask to sleep on the 3rd floor if you want a good nights rest.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Fontana, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hotel looked old and unkept, took to long to get to my room for cleaning, employee had a bad attitude when I asked about the cleaning of my room, Woke up at 5:45am and cut on light to find roach on the wall. Extremely noisy people above me and outside. empty beer boxes overflowing out of trash cans.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Nicole,

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with your toilet and will work with our maintenance team to ensure that guests do not have to fix problems like these themselves. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again. Please call the hotel directly, and ask for me and I will personally make your reservation. Thank you and have a great day.

Rancho Cucamonga, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a stopped-up toilet. We did not have a WORKING internet access code. We did not get the group rate in which we were apart of. My room was off the elevator within 4 feet of my door (could feel the kids running by). The outside door was not weather-proofed at the floor. when we entered the room there were leafs that blew in under the door (which means bugs can enter as well). Our toilet backed up. I was told by guest services that maintenance went home for the night (11:00pm really?). After my stern response I was offered a new room. That was withdrawn and I was told that security would come unstop my toilet. The security officer arrived and handed me a plunger (for me to actually unstop YOUR toilet on MY vacation, really?). To me, that was totally unacceptable. So my family would not have to stay in YOUR room with human waste all night, I unstopped the toilet on my own and left the plunger outside my door. You should tell your guest that their fees do not cover room maintenance (or instruct all of your in-room facilities/appliances that they can only break-down BEFORE maintenance leaves)!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple