“Booked for a week, stayed for a month!”
Review of Casa Ocotillo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Ocotillo
Berkeley, California, United States
“Booked for a week, stayed for a month!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Yes, we did :) My partner and I picked Casa Ocotillo because of the good online reviews and because they're a pet friendly resort. We booked a room for a 5-day stay and expected a nice, quiet, classy place to enjoy a few days in Palm Springs. What we found far surpassed all our expectations. The resort is beautiful, both the rooms and the common areas, and the architecture and history unique (it takes you back in time). There's nothing "cheap" or low-quality here, from the towels, bedding, room decorations and decor (interior design, really), the outdoors furniture... quality and attention to detail is everywhere. The garden is beautiful and well maintained, the pool and jacuzzi crystal clear.

Casa Ocotillo is located in a serene neighborhood and is well built to provide privacy to guests, and there is on-site gated parking. The drive to the "heart" of Palm Springs is very easy and short (5 minutes?). (I'd say it's a straight drive to downtown, but I wouldn't want to offend anyone ;) ).

I can't say enough to thank Brian and Vic for making our stay here fantastic and memorable. They keep the place in immaculate condition, took care of us, were social and kept us great company yet also knew to let us be when we wanted private time. Every morning they stock the fridge with fresh fruit, muffins, beverages, and other breakfast items, and every morning I looked forward to running to the fridge to enjoy some breakfast. Laundry facilities are provided (which you may need if you end up staying as long as we did!)

If you have pets you know it can be a hassle to travel with them, but Casa Ocotillo is very accommodating. The back door of our room opened to a private, fenced yard/dog run where our "kids" could stay when we went out. Also, there are areas on the grounds that are separated with small gates, where pets can be separated from others while still enjoying a yard.

If you don't have pets, Brian and Vic are very understanding and work with guests to accommodate everyone. Yes, pets are welcome, but they don't run the place :)

To summarize, we went to Casa Ocotillo for a 5 day stay, but soon realized that wasn't enough. We extended to a week, then another week, then another, and in the end stayed for a whole month. (Brian and Vic joke that they now offer a monthly rate because of us :) ). Casa Ocotillo in itself is a beautiful resort, and Brian and Vic excellent and gracious hosts, and together they made our stay there unforgettable. Thank you, we can't wait to visit again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the "smaller" rooms at first, but we never knew that. We never asked...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Montebello, California
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Drove in from Los Angeles and met up with friends from AZ. Knew Casa Ocotillo would be the perfect getaway for all of us to relax and catch up on time gone by.

Brian and Vic are the perfect hosts and welcome you with open arms. This place has all the amenities you can think of. The rooms are big and comfy, each decorated differently. The grounds are beautifully kept and lots of cozy seating and chaises for you to sun worship, lounge or kick back and socialize with friends and other guests. Brian and Vic are there making sure that you are totally comfortable and have everything you need. They truly care about all their guests.

An added bonus is this is a dog friendly place so we took our two babies (Lola and Daisy) and they roamed the grounds and had as much fun as we did.

This was our second visit to Casa Ocotillo and it was as enjoyable as our first. Thank you so much Brian and Vic for treating us like family. We look forward to our next stop in Palm Springs. Know you guys will be the first to know we are headed your way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
NomadicRam.com
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I had the most amazing, relaxing time. Casa Ocotillo is a very quaint place that makes you feel welcome, and comfortable. smaller than most other places it provides a much more exclusive feel than most of the larger options in town, with the added bonus of being able to bring my small dog as well. I even think she may have enjoyed being there more than I did, if that was possible. There is no question where i will be staying whenever I may return to Palm Springs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I recently coordinated a group of friends for a birthday celebration weekend. We were looking for relaxing, low key and intimate. It was our first time at Casa Ocotillo and I couldn't have been more pleased. The property was nicely landscaped, the rooms were nicely decorated and very comfortable, and the service was impeccable. Brian and Vic were gracious hosts, providing privacy but still being available and servicing the property amenities and kitchen. I highly recommend Casa Ocotillo for anyone looking for a no hassles, friendly, intimate and private atmospshere. Thanks Brian and Vic!!!! I'll be back for sure!

Javier E.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My partner and I love coming to Palm Springs but with a small family member (pet dog) in tow, we recently felt a lack of connection towards the pet friendly places we used to stay at. This weekend changed everything, and we spent two amazing nights at Casa Ocotillo and it had every amenity a human would want, but to our amazing delight, our dog also received the star treatment above and beyond our normal expectation.

Brian and Vic go the extra mile to make sure your stay is wonderful, and their dog Ashley is a treat to interact with, and he helped entertain our own dog tremendously.

The rooms were lovely with a bed I could sleep on for days, the grounds were very well kept, the pool was perfect with the beautiful landscape surrounding it, and the whole motif and lounge area was relaxing to the max. I even had a nice beverage provided to me by Brian and Vic at the perfect moment where a little vodka matched wonderfully.

Overall, I could go on and on about this intimate resort experience and I know I will become a regular now of Casa Ocotillo and I can't recommend it highly enough to others (with or without a family member pet in tow). Enjoy your stay, I am sure you will!!!

Room Tip: I walked into all the rooms and enjoyed the unique pieces and colors in each, it just means i have t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I had a great experience for my first visit to Palm Springs. I was looking for a place to have a nice retreat before the beginning of a new school year and this was the perfect place. The grounds were nice. Had breakfast on the patio next to the pool every morning which had a great view of the mountains too. Loved the room which was very comfortable and beautifully decorated (stayed in the Log Jammer Bungalow). Especially liked the semi-private patio in front of my room where I spent most of my time either reading or doing some creative writing while sipping on my cup of coffee. Enjoyed the breakfast from the common kitchen which was well stocked with fresh fruit, coffee, bagels, muffins, etc. The service was excellent. Brian and Vic were great hosts!

I will definitely return when I plan another trip to Palm Springs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2013

"Casa Octillo" is California, any of our esteemed artists would say so. The Hacienda is a perfect part and then some, if ya know what I mean!?.
I give it a five star rating across the board, our hosts are two gracious gentlemen not to mention thier thorough breed standard terrier who's apropos is every bit as gracious as his owners.

• Stayed July 2013