“Great Place to Start”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Place to Start”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is my second time that I have visited, kind of short notice, so I had to go by myself this time, but the experience was great. Everybody is so friendly, The staff welcomed me back , and you can't say enough about Michael, Maria, Allie, Theresa, and the rest with the service they provide. Some people from my first trip were there , but I met several new friends, and we had a blast at the pool. Of course Chuck was lead volleyball player, Karaoke was on Saturday night, my first experience, with Chuck leading that. Can't say enough about the fun we had, and some people really had good voices, and some of us didn't, It really didn't matter. Had a massage at the spa that was very good with Renska. If you have never done this type of vacation, try it. Its a lot of fun, Nobody really cares what you look like, and you will have a great time. Ps to Michael, Lets get a Shuffleboard Court set up!!!

Room Tip: I like the Chapparal Hotel , since its near the activity pool, But the Courtyard is kinda secluded...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Dale689

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had our 2nd. visit this past weekend and had a wonderful time. We like to dance and party in the evenings so we chose a weekend with a Friday night karaoke (which also enabled dancing) and a Saturday night dance party in the club. I would not schedule a visit unless there was dance party available.
The staff is outstanding, and Chuck, the entertainment facilitater, provides the "glue" that makes everything flow right and really fun.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank billh2o
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

The resort was very relaxing. This was our first time and our first visit, the staff were great and the other couples we met made us feel very comfortable. Our room was nice and clean. We will be back. Thank you Michael for encouraging us to visit.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Sue N
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Beautiful and clean grounds.
3 pools and 2 hot tubs.
Amazing (fully clothed) staff
24 hour office staff
Extremely comfortable atmosphere.
So, it was our first time to Palm Springs (love it!) and our first ever experience at a clothing optional resort. Read the rules very carefully for first timers. No clothes or suits at the pools and surrounding areas. I walked into the office in just short boy shorts and no top, my husband fully nude and we were immediately given a highlited piece of paper specifying that I couldn't be wearing clothing. Understandable, since they want everyone to be on an even playing field so to speak. I was a little annoyed when later we saw two men hanging out at the pool in shorts and a couple fully clothed in the outdoor eatery. I felt the rules were a little inconsistent. THAT BEING SAID, I absolutely enjoyed my experience! My husband and I were comfortable and te other couples we met were friendly and at ease. We did see two couples having sex at the quiet pool in the middle of the day..at the same time but it is not the norm and isn't tolerated if caught. "Nothing is allowed that would need an apology"

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank ClaryPride
North Dakota
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had originally booked our stay for five days, thinking that we would take advantage of the airport limo service offered on stays of four nights or more--then we found out that it had been discontinued. With a rental car now the best option, we decided to cancel the last two days of the stay and check out the other C/O resort. That will be the next review.

We stayed in the Chaparral hotel section and the room was basic and pricey, but we knew that coming in so we were OK with it. About our only room complaint was that the king bed was too hard--way too hard for me to sleep comfortably. The grounds are very nice, the pools and hot tubs clean and look new. Even though the resort was full on a holiday weekend, it did not seem over crowded and we were always able to find a sunbed somewhere. People do go out at 7 AM to reserve their choice spots.

We ate one breakfast at the resort. The food was good (when we got it), but the service was slow and my wife had to send her eggs back because they were under cooked. As we were eating, a gentleman approached our table, identified himself as the owner and apologized for the slow service. After this, we kind of expected that something would be comped--it wasn't. In fact, this was our only other complaint--with the exception of coffee in the lobby, you pay for everything. A $275 room didn't even get us a free newspaper.

The staff treated us very well and we had a nice time, but if we return to Palm Springs the DS may not be our first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank muskrat2
Peio, Italy
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My wife and I spent a few days here in mid May 2013 . This was our first time and we loved it . We hated to leave . The staff were very gracious , the grounds were well kept and the condo we stayed in was perfect . My wife was very hesitant at first but it seemed by the last day it was hard to get her out of the pool . Very relaxing place . We come from the cold east coast north so it was truly a special place to try our first nude resort lifestyle . We will be back . A special thankyou to my wife ( M ) for entertaining this whole idea .

Room Tip: The condo offer extra privacy from the patios .
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sam i
Millis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Our first visit to Desert Sun Resort was also our first time with the clothing-optional experience. The staff and many guests made us feel so comfortable that by our second day we upgraded to a room with a kitchen and stayed in the resort for the rest of our week (no sightseeing required).

We were most impressed with the grounds keeping and overall maintenance of the resort. Both rooms we stayed in were clean, and the beds and bedding were excellent. We did have a couple of minor maintenance issues with our room, but the staff handled them immediately.

The pools were warm, clean, and the hot tubs were lovely, although the one in the condo area was a bit too hot for my wife to sit in.

The café and bar were both very nice; our only disappointment was the limited hours, especially the bar. The food was excellent and the portion sizes considerable. Service was a bit slow, mainly due to the number of staff. Servers tended bar, waited tables, and took and delivered drink orders by the pools. All of the servers were friendly, welcoming, and attentive. Several greeted us by name after a couple of days, which was appreciated and made us feel more welcome.The café did not open for breakfast, but coffee was available at all times in the lobby.

We got a couple's relaxation massage in the spa, which was one of the highlights of our visit. Highly recommended.

We were lucky to arrive on the resort’s five year anniversary celebration, so the Bare Buns Nightclub was open. The experience as first timers was wonderful. We would love to see the nightclub open on more than just a few special occasions, because it offers the opportunity for first-timers and repeat guests to mix in a great social milieu.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay so much that we made reservations for a ten night stay later this year before we left the resort!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple