Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$174
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$101
Book now, pay at stay
US$155
US$146
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$147
US$127
  • Pool
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$164
US$127
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$118
US$95
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$113
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$166
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

US$139
US$104
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
US$362
US$321
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet poolwater volleyballcourtyard roomclothing optional experiencegrounds are beautifulgrounds keepersother guestspools and hot tubshotel rooms areweek daysmain poolnew friendslove this placeholiday weekendplenty of lounge chairsclose to downtownrelaxing stay
Reviewed 26 April 2014

...because of the praise, but--I assure you--it is not. I am a patron.

Desert Sun gets five stars because it provides a great service; namely, a larger and more upscale nudist resort than usual where the emphasis is on nudism, not friskiness. It is the only nudist option for single men in the area, and a safe place for single women to enjoy nudism. For that, it is a priceless addition to the Palm Springs and SoCal scene.

I have just come back from three days at Desert Sun as a man on my own. I have previously day-passed there with women partners. All three visits have been great, relaxing experiences.

Desert Sun offers three different pools, two spas, tennis courts and areas designated ‘quiet’. The main pool is the liveliest, with piped-in music and a volleyball game guaranteed to start up every afternoon. All other areas are much mellower and very restful.

Many will complain about Desert Sun’s “no friskiness” policy…no kidding, you’re not supposed to show affection/cuddle/kiss/embrace on the grounds, and the waitresses and staff will enforce this rule like nuns at a Catholic junior high dance. At first, this sounds ludicrous—that even married couples cannot cuddle in the pools and spas—but there is a very, very good reason for it; it reinforces that Desert Sun is about nudism, not Lifestyling, and so public swingers stay away. You come here to enjoy the sun and relaxation naked, not for a Hedonism or Desire resort experience.

Coupled with an absolute “no cell phones, no iPads” policy, this absolutely eliminates the appeal for any single men to come to this resort with creepy intentions of cruising women or snapping illicit photos. As a direct result, only devoted nudists come here with the best of intentions. Single nudist men, you can stay here! Single nudist women, you can relax here, too and feel truly safe from prowling. Thank you, Desert Sun, for this.

And relax you will—there are many sedate and quiet areas to the resort. During the week, when prices drop considerably, you will have entire pools and spas to yourself. It is blissfully quiet. The pools and spas are open 24 hours, so—shhhhh!—just go out in the evenings on a weeknight with your honey and, trust me, you can embrace and cuddle all you like in a pool or hot tub all to yourselves. And Lifestylers can certainly stay here, it's simply that Desert Sun asks that the action be kept in the rooms. People are here to relax with a capital 'R'.

Weekends are definitely more of a party atmosphere, but there is always the saltwater pool and spa off in its own remote area, which are always much more mellow in vibe.

The crowd skews older, especially during the week; many folks are regulars and nudist retirees who live in the attached condos. An older crowd and local owners can only mean that politeness and a relaxed pace abounds.

The rooms are decorated more nicely than they even have to be…towels folded into crescents, decorative pillows on the beds, etc. There are some older rooms with older fixtures, but near the main pool the amenities are quite nice—see other people’s photos. A step up from other nudist resorts.

While some Yelpers complain about the food quality and prices, I don’t see why; it has a nice dining room and full-size bar for a nudist resort, and the food is better quality than most nudist spots. You are paying the prices to have restaurant and staff open on the grounds of the resort…one that you can sit at completely naked and get full restaurant waitress service. While some complain about expensive drink prices, you can certainly bring bottles with you…rooms contain mini-fridges. Who expects low cocktail prices at hotels/resorts? The girls shake a good drink, and serve it with a big smile. Tip them well…you probably worked for tips once in your life, too, and since people bring in bottles for their rooms, this cuts into the girls' bar tips. Make sure to order a drink from them every once in a while.

If you want higher-quality food, just stroll across the street to the Riviera, which offers very elegant options….but at an even higher price, of course. Nevertheless, if more stylishness is what you crave, just put on your clothes and high-end dining is literally only 100 steps or so from Desert Sun’s front door.

Massages are available on-site, and are expensive…again, they are hotel-level prices, but less than, say, Burke-Williams. The masseuse Laurel gave me quite a good, deep workout of my stressed shoulders and neck. I get massages often, and she did a very good job.

Thanks, Desert Sun—you are a cut above the normal nudist options, and a safe place for single people interested in nudism first. May you prosper!

Room Tip: My room near the main pool was nice and modern....more modern than the rooms in the quiet area...but right at the top of the stairs, near the center of the building, I did have pop music playing starting at 10am just outside my door. It wasn't overly loud, and I could just shut the door and not hear it, but I prefer my iPod of jazz to Gloria Estefan and Toto's 'Africa'. Might ask to be away from these speakers--or the main pool on weekends--if you'd like quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
17  Thank headrichloric a
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We booked DSR for four nights and we was so happy there, that we stayed one more. It is a beautiful place with beautiful atmosphere. No overcrowded. Great people are there. If you love quiet place with freedom natural feeling and want to relax, definitely go there. The resort is walking distance from palm Springs downtown and other attractions. Restaurant is ok and if it is closed, you can walk 5 minutes and will have a lot of possibilities.

Room Tip: Book condo with the pool side terrace. Modern, clean with kitchen.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Ivan K
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First off, the grounds at this place were really well maintained, everything was super clean and beautiful. We'd never been to a resort before this as we were worried we'd be bored laying around doing nothing for a couple of days, but it turns out this place was very relaxing.

We felt comfortable immediately and never felt self concious. We even met a couple of people who were long time regulars of this place who had tried other similar resorts in the area. We're definitely going back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Eddy S
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The facilities are nice, but the hotel rooms needed an update, which I just happened. The pools and grounds are beautiful. It is a nice feature that it is so close to downtown Palm Springs and the shops and some really good restaurants. That location makes up somewhat for the limited hours of the restaurant and bar. You can only get breakfast, lunch and dinner on the weekends which make it tough if you want to spend the week there. You have to leave the property for breakfast and dinner during the week and bring in your own cocktails for the evenings. Foot was good and could use fresher options. When we are on vacation at a resort, we just want to relax and not worry about going out to dinner and making our own drinks. I think Caliente in Tampa does a better job of mixing a residential nudist community and a resort. (Caliente desperately needs to update their hotel rooms as well). Desert Sun needs to make the commitment to being a full time resort, not just a weekend getaway. ( We will be back the next time we are in California.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms away from the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BeachNatural
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Arriving at the airport on an afternoon the 90 degree heat was just what I was wanting. The cab ride from the airport was $18 not including tip.

Tony at the front desk was professional, friendly and cheerfully answered all my questions. The entire staff were exceptional. My room looked as though it had recently been renovated. The lush towels & bedding combined with great pillows and mattress made for a great stay. My room was spotless and nicely maintained.

My room was above the volleyball pool and I loved it. It was fun to hear vacationer’s fun filled laughter and cheers during the volleyball game. Many of the rooms have small tables and chairs outside on the walkway for use which allows you to watch the volleyball games.

During the day I spent my time at the quiet pool located in the rear of the resort. I found myself enjoying the entire pool area by myself for several hours. What a rare treat! Where can you go where the three pools and hot tub are open 24/7? The office is staffed 24/7 with coffee always available.

I can’t give an opinion about the resort menu as I made the decision to explore other options. The resort is located across the street from Rick’s where one can get great Cuban food. Happy Hour is 3-7 and free poured pints of Mojito’s and Margaritas can complement your meal at a low price of $5!

Exploring during the week I found that the city bus stops about two blocks from the resort. Buses run every twenty minutes and seemed to be on time the short few days I was there. Bus #24 took me to the airport for fifty cents senior fare. Adult fair is $1! The ride provides you a tour of a Palm Springs neighborhood you might not otherwise see.

The only problem I had was that I had to leave!

Shirley from Oregon

Room Tip: If you want to experience the sounds of vacation fun and laughter ask for a room above the pool. Peace and quiet just ask when you make your reservation and if possible they will accommodate you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple