“A nice resort layout”

Tahquitz Creek Golf Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: A Palm Springs favorite, this 18-hole course is famous for its challenging greens that are rigorously sloped from back to front.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I enjoyed myself very much, but other than the starter/pros shop there was very little staff support. I had a very early tee time and played solo and the layout was fair and fun. The resort course first 9 go straight west towards the mountains and then you return home downhill. There was ample water available at the restrooms on the course but as the starter mentioned you do not return to the club house at the turn. Not being a desert resident I'm sure I cannot appreciate the challenges of keeping a golf course green in July and August with 115 degree days. So my day started out a little damp but by the 10th hole things had dried out. It appears for the summer that they let the fairways grow a little longer to keep them from burning out, so there was no roll in the fairways. It was perfect for my enjoyment as I played the white tees (hdcp 18). It was not punishing to the less talented as so many desert course seemed to be. I would absolutely return here in the future, but would hope that a course labeled "resort" would provide just a bit more customer service (bag drop, drink cart, cleaning clubs at round completion).

There are newer reviews for Tahquitz Creek Golf Resort

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We got a deal on Golf Now for $19 each. Started out at 6:30am which is key the summer for Palm Springs! Very wide open course with lots of straight aways. It was a fun course and we enjoyed it very much!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We played Taquitz Creek (Resort Course) on a Wednesday afternoon and literally had the course to ourselves. We managed to play in less than three hours which was a real treat and the two beers included with the $35 greens fee meant it was a fabulous bargain. The North Course is a fair test of golf, more challenging than Indian Canyons, but there is plenty of opportunity to score. I definitely would return.

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We played Tahquist Creek Resort course last week. Great value and friendly staff. We couldn't believe that 2 drinks came with the lunch!! Superb! One point for improvement is that the course really lacks adequate yardage markers on the fairways.

Great value, fun course, would definitely come back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great bargain in the palm springs area for golf. Public course that caters to residents and visitors.

Legend course crosses a wash 4 times that get effected by rain runoff. After the fires and heavy rains last year it was completely torn up and took quite some time to come back. Liberal local rules to deal with the disruption made it still a good time,

The resort course was designed by Ted Robinson and is a fun track for a municipal course.

A couple of the comments mentioned the staff, while i consider this my home course and know the staff pretty well, I have seen if a customer comes in with superior look at me attitude that will be treated with the disdain the deserve.

OK some other things that may this place fun, If you reserve your tee time directly you get a best possible price that includes 2 cocktails and lunch.

If you want to play somewhere that Kisses you ### this isn't the place, go back to the country club or over priced resort. While everyone playing at the the big resort and paying $150 a round, you can get around for about $65 bucks. IF your a resident it drops to $35.

IF is definitely worth an try....