“Perfect Get Away”

Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Burbank, California
“Perfect Get Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I were fortunate to pick the perfect place for our much needed weekend get away. The mini suite was spacious, clean and the fruit basket was a nice touch. The staff, including the front desk, valets and everyone at Melvyn's was truly exceptional. The history of the Inn is amazing and fun to imagine all that transpired in all of those years. It has definitely become the place for us to return for a few days of total relaxation and fun.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MelHaber2014, Owner at Ingleside Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
I loved reading about your recent visit with us! It seems you truly enjoyed the history of Ingleside and the staff! We hope you'll be back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Without a doubt the customer service at the Ingleside Inn Hotel, restaurant and lounge were the best I have ever experienced in all of my travels. Each contact I had with a staff member was a positive experience with a "how can I help you attitude". It is easy to recognize that ensuring customers receive excellent service is a priority for the whole staff. The ambience and nostalgia was superior. My wife and I were extremely happy with our 3 day stay and we will stay at the Ingleside again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a mini suite and it was excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MelHaber2014, Owner at Ingleside Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your long weekend stay with us! We are fortunate to have a genuinely caring staff, I will be sure to share your kind words with each of them! Please come visit us again soon!
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I say incomparable because we have never had such a warm, relaxing, experience anywhere. The inn is beautiful, the rooms are unique and comfortable, the location is perfect. That being said, the staff is what makes staying here such a wonderful experience. Attentive, gracious, friendly and genuine- never fawning or pretentious. Celebrated my wife's birthday there and it was perfect.

Room Tip: Just ask at the desk and they will gladly show you any rooms that aren't occupied. They actually...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
MelHaber2014, Owner at Ingleside Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience! I am so glad your wife had a delightful birthday celebration! Please come back and visit us soon!
Cabo San Lucas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This little "boutique" style Inn in a very centrally located area of Palm Springs was host to about 20 guests of a wedding party that my husband and I were honored to be a part of in March of 2014.
It has a lot of history, being the place where Clark Gable and Carole Lombard as well as Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara honeymooned way back when. If you loved great weather, lovely ambiance and truly individualized service (as well as a location that is easy walking distance to eateries and shops down town) then THIS is your place. Look no further.
On the premises is a lovely Steak House called Melvyn's.
Our awesome couple got hitched in the courtyard by the pool and it was absolutely perfect!
Afterwards, we all gathered at Melvyn's for a fine dinner with unparalleled service and compliments to the Chef. This is definitely NOT for people who prefer chain Hotels etc. and want to use their reward points.
As it IS an older establishment (but has obviously been well-cared for and updated over the years) so no ice machine for example. No problem, we called the desk and they brought fresh ice to out door in seconds! It was like that for anything we wanted the entire weekend.
For breakfasts, rather than eat at Melvyn's, we walked less than 1 block to a nice IHOP.
They graciously set us tables to accommodate our slightly large group and did a great job with all the different orders, separate checks, etc.
There is even a Casino nearby called the Spa Resort Casino for those who wish a little night life and gaming.
All in all it was a perfect place for this event and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for more flavor, history, service and ambiance when in Palm Springs! No complaints here!
Thanks Ingleside Inn!

Room Tip: All rooms are different, no 2 alike! Very unique! Priced accordingly.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
MelHaber2014, Owner at Ingleside Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for the lovely review of Ingleside Inn! I am thrilled to hear of the memorable experience the staff and property provided. I do hope you will return soon!
Fernley, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our stay was very good, would have given it an excellent except for the fact didn't have a fan in the bathroom and there was no wifi service in the room, had to go to the lobby for wifi. Service was excellent from maid to the front desk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

MelHaber2014, Owner at Ingleside Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for the kind review and I'm happy to hear about the excellent service your received! I do apologize about the WiFi difficulties you experienced while staying with us. I up you'll return soon!
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We took a last minute trip to Palm Springs last weekend and found Ingleside inn at a discount. This quiet, adults-only resort has everything. Gorgeous pool area with the San Jacinto mountains in the background. Beautiful grounds with fountains and palm trees. A world class restaurant, Melvyn's, sitting in the middle of the 24 casita-like rooms. A short walk to downtown, and a staff that meets your every need. Great extras like a bottle of champagne at check in and a daily fruit and cheese plate, make guests never want to leave. Loved reading about all the Hollywood stars who dined, stayed and played here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
MelHaber2014, Owner at Ingleside Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am happy to hear you enjoyed the old Hollywood glamour of our Inn! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and would love to see you again soon!
Bushey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful old Spanish villa style buildings (90 something years old?) set in a Oasis of amazing plants and Flowers. from our arrival we felt very welcomed and the staff were very helpful and knowledgable of the local area and it's attractions.
Personalised matchbooks and complimentary water and sodas, along with a food basket awaited for our arrival, which added to the enjoyment of our stay.
We didn't use the attached restaurant "Melvyn's" but it seemed very popular.
The pool was a little basic, but was perfectly adequate, with lots of poolside water/ice/lemon/towels available.
Bellman was ever present making sure of any needs.
As were humming birds, amazing!
Only gripe is that It could do with modernising by maybe getting some WiFi for its rooms.
And a noisy air con unit in my room!
I would definetly stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
MelHaber2014, Owner at Ingleside Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am so happy to hear of your enjoyable experience! I will be sure to pass on the kind words to the wonderful staff. Please return soon!