“Great Location, Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Diego, California
“Great Location, Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Nine of us stayed 2 nights in the PS Hyatt, and were not disappointed. The location, pool, and rooms were outstanding. We each stayed two to a double suite (along with a single) and had plenty of space.

It was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Fantastic....well we love it when our guests come in from San Diego to enjoy the warmth of Palm Springs and the hospitality of the Hyatt Regency Suites Staff. And you are right, we have plenty of space in our two room suites to accomodate the larger families. Hope you come back soon - I heard it's June glooom there in San Diego.....we are just now hitting the triple digit temperatures - a great time for the pool! Thanks so much for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

My girlfriend and I decided to get away from the city for a birthday get-away. We were recommended this property based on the quality of hospitality and customer service.
I must say, the experience was the closest to a 5 star experience I've ever had.

The room's decor is very retro-sheek and very inviting. The balcony with a west view of the mountains, the two 42" plasmas and a nice bar, were my favorite parts of the room.

We had a late dinner under the beautiful desert moon. It was great to get away from all the cities lights and enjoy the awesome blanket of stars. I had a Herb Chicken and it was crazy-good!! It was half a chicken and asparagus and Yukon potatoes! Wow, just wow!!

After a awesome breakfast of stellar french toast, we rented a cabana pool-side. Wow! We were treated like royalty. Aside from the delicious fruit platters, we were cooled by the built in misters.

I'm excited to experience the dry heat in the middle of a Palm Springs summer. When I do, I'm totally coming back to this Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kiind words and excitement you generated with this review. Our staff works tirelessly everyday to provide great service and comments like this mean alot to the staff - and to me!! Come back and see us soon - the moon is brilliant in the desert clear skies!
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

The location of the hotel is perfect. The suites are very spacious and nicely decorated. Every room has a balcony which is nice. I always try to stay at Hyatt's when possible and felt that this hotel had a few issues that were not up to the usual Hyatt standards. Housekeeping was poor - our wardrobe had an old pair of manky socks left in the bottom ( which none of us were game to touch!), no laundry bag, toilet paper was not restocked and we ran out one day, dust all over the alarm clock and TV screen, leftover wrappers between the lounge and table etc. Every day when we would return we were unable to use any of ours keys to be get back in & had to troop back down to reception. After the 4th day it was annoying! The last time I was in reception getting it fixed there were 2 others guests with same issue - and the staff whilst very polite didn't seem overly concerned. Overall I would stay here again but only if I was getting a great deal!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank milkythemouse
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 12 June 2011
Thank you for providing this valuable feedback to us. Please know that the cleanliness issues you experienced with your room will be shared with our housekeeping department so that another guest does not have to experience the same issues you did. Our room keys are very sensitive to electronic devices such as cellphones that may have been causing the deactiviation of your keys. I'm sorry for the inconveniences this caused you and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future should your travels bring you back to Palm Springs.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

I came out to the LA area to visit my boyfriend, and we decided to take a trip out to Palm Springs to get out of the dirty city. Our stay at the Hyatt turned out to be the highlight of my trip. Our adorable retro styled room was huge and the balcony was perfect for reading and enjoying a fantastic view of the mountains. For dinner we sat outside next to the fire, ate the steak salad and the chicken entree (and couldn't stop stealing food from each other's plates!), then relaxed with cocktails and watched the stars. The staff was so friendly and accomodating-they actually seemed happy to work there which really says something about a place. For breakfast I had the fritattas (really, everything I ate was so good, including the free happy hour appetizers), and after doing some shopping downtown, we retired to our pool side cabana, where we felt like royalty as we lounged with fresh fruit and bottled water. Finally, a vacation where I felt rested! My only complaint is that we didn't make time to stay there longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountians.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
I'm glad you decided to escape the smog of LA and take a detour to Palm Springs. It's a magical place here where one can leave their problems at home to enjoy the beauty of the San Jacinto Mountains right outside our back yard. Our staff is always waiting at the door to welcome all that enter. Next time you come to California...come straight to Palm Springs....there's no other place on earth quite like it. Don't forget to join our Facebook page to keep up on the latest and greatest happenings at the Hyatt Regency Suites. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. See you again soon.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

The hotel is beautiful. Sleek and modern. The rooms are spacious with a separate living room area. Empty fridge for your own goodies. The views are either mountain or the city. The staff at the hotel are very sweet and helpful. The only negative is the pool area. The area is small and when we were there, tons of smokers...with no relief. I guess being from west l.a., we are use to a smoke free environment.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at the Hyatt. We are very proud of the transformation and our guests love the two room suites and large balconies. Being in downtown Palm Springs also has some great advantages as it is very convenient to all the shops and restaurants and don't forget the Thursday night Street Fair. Please come back and let us pamper you.....our guests mean the world to us! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write such wonderful things about your experience. See you soon - I hope!!
Escondido, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

I've been to dozens of Palm Springs hotels over the years, but this was my first time at the Hyatt.

Our check-in went without delay (we arrived at 2:30pm)
Room was spacious and clean, nice mini bar and discreet fridge.

Happy hour prices are very fair, but outside of that it's pretty pricey.

The $15 charge to self park one's vehicle is ridiculous though. We were there on a Friday night in April and the underground garage was maybe 30% full. This, on top of the now ubiquitous "resort fee" of $15 and you can $30 to any rack rate your quoted.

The breakfast buffet looked appetizing, but we passed at $19 per person. Throw in champagne, and they might have a deal.

The location is obviously excellent if one is seeking the downtown experience.

Pool area was clean, as well as the jacuzzi. There was a light out in the water fall and the bees can be a bit hazardous, but that's nature.

Overall, 3.5 stars out of 5. No real complaints other than the parking fee.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Scapegoat51b
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Overall I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. We have a wonderful hotel in the heartbeat of downtown Palm Springs and work very hard at providing exceptional hospitality to our guests. We also are the only hotel in town to offer underground parking which is a huge advantage during the summer months. Like most hotels in the area we do charge for parking and offer self parking at $15.00 and for those who love to be pampered, we offer valet parking at $20.00. Thank you for staying with us while in Palm Springs and I hope you will come back and see us soon.....we're always open! Have a great day.
ZH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

We booked two rooms in advance. as we arrived we just heard by accident that there was a party behind the hotel and several activties going on. We got a so called silent room and an upgrade. the first room my parents got was directly on top of the pool and lounge, ours was looking towards the hills - with two very loud parties going on. After insisting, my parents got a new room whilst we still were said to having received a silent room. after realizing that we were directly above a third part - a large wedding in the ballroom of the hotel - we went back to the reception and finally got another room as well. On the next they there was again loud music in the hotel but this time it was an afternoon's party.

In general all four rooms we've seen weren't clean. Every room had stain on the furniture that was not cleaned properly. Usually, we would change or leave the hotel but as our parents were very tired we stayed. We had lots of hairs on our carpet and our parents found crump trails of cookies of a former customer. My bed table was also not cleaned and had some goo on it (the cleaner had just put but a notebook on it to make it look better). Some areas of the rooms are not renovated at all and just a lousy repainted.

The pool is very small and you feel being exposed to the bar like in a zoo.
You pay a resort fee here.
The bar and restaurant closes at 10 pm already.
The valet parking is a joke as you can park close by for free.
The room service menu is very small.
The neighbourhood could be very loud.

This was the first time we stayed here. Usually, we took the Hilton close by and know some other hotels in Palms Springs as well. I would definitely recommend Hilton. Clean, larger pool and more peace. Some hotels in the US think that non US customer don’t come back… I think that’s a great mistake.

Room Tip: Just keep insisting
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bambue
My sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service and accomodations and I'm sorry you did not experience this. I believe that the weekend you stayed with us was during the Evening Under The Stars annual event that was held accross the street at the O'Donnell Golf Course. It was a very large charity event and their entertainment was the B-52's which played until 10pm. Please know that we stand ready to assist every guest with their needs to make it a comfortable and relaxing experience for all. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future should you return to Palm Springs.