“Centrally located older hotel”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We got a good rate and would stay again for the right price, but the place has seen better days. Our good rating is primarily for the great location - within walking distance of lots of entertainment and across from a golf course and small mountain. We had a mountain view suite with a wonderful relaxing view and big flat screen TVs.

On the negative side, there is a big open atrium throughout the lobby and restaurant where an event was being held. This created a lot of noise in our room. One of two slow elevators was out of commission, causing significant delays. Very obvious spilled food in the hallway near the elevator remained from the early evening when we first spotted it until at least late the next morning. Perhaps this was because everyone was focused on the setup and tear-down of the event downstairs. The was a flyer in the lobby that can be reduced to "we're having an event tonight - deal with it". Some token compensation should have been provided, but we didn't complain.

Everyone was having a great time so the atmosphere was very good. For all its faults, we will return at the right rate. I would not pay a premium for this hotel and would, instead, head for one of the nice boutique hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and providing great feedback. The event that was held in the atrium was a fundraiser for terminally ill children. We are one of many sponsors and hope that we did not disturb you too much during your stay. You picked a great weekend to be here as the weather was just perfect. I'm glad you had a good stay and hope to have you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed 16 June 2011

Yelp.com has some reviews (http://www.yelp.com/biz/hyatt-regency-suites-palm-springs-palm-springs) but I have to say, this is perfect. We are staying in a cabana suite by the pool and will be here for the week. The staff is awesome! The hotel location is perfect! Tonight is the street fair right out in front of the hotel. I guess like any business, there tends to be problems but we don't see that here!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It takes a villiage to make it work here at the Hyatt and the staff here always strives to do their best. I know that we can't please everyone but we certainly won't give up trying. I too, love the cabana suites - I wish we had more than 9. They are our biggest seller - and if I were coming to Palm Springs...that's what I would want - my own cabana suite with direct access to the pool! Thanks so much for sharing your kind words about your experience with us. Hope to see you real soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Nine of us stayed 2 nights in the PS Hyatt, and were not disappointed. The location, pool, and rooms were outstanding. We each stayed two to a double suite (along with a single) and had plenty of space.

It was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011

Fantastic....well we love it when our guests come in from San Diego to enjoy the warmth of Palm Springs and the hospitality of the Hyatt Regency Suites Staff. And you are right, we have plenty of space in our two room suites to accomodate the larger families. Hope you come back soon - I heard it's June glooom there in San Diego.....we are just now hitting the triple digit temperatures - a great time for the pool! Thanks so much for the review.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

My girlfriend and I decided to get away from the city for a birthday get-away. We were recommended this property based on the quality of hospitality and customer service.
I must say, the experience was the closest to a 5 star experience I've ever had.

The room's decor is very retro-sheek and very inviting. The balcony with a west view of the mountains, the two 42" plasmas and a nice bar, were my favorite parts of the room.

We had a late dinner under the beautiful desert moon. It was great to get away from all the cities lights and enjoy the awesome blanket of stars. I had a Herb Chicken and it was crazy-good!! It was half a chicken and asparagus and Yukon potatoes! Wow, just wow!!

After a awesome breakfast of stellar french toast, we rented a cabana pool-side. Wow! We were treated like royalty. Aside from the delicious fruit platters, we were cooled by the built in misters.

I'm excited to experience the dry heat in the middle of a Palm Springs summer. When I do, I'm totally coming back to this Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for the kiind words and excitement you generated with this review. Our staff works tirelessly everyday to provide great service and comments like this mean alot to the staff - and to me!! Come back and see us soon - the moon is brilliant in the desert clear skies!

Reviewed 11 June 2011

The location of the hotel is perfect. The suites are very spacious and nicely decorated. Every room has a balcony which is nice. I always try to stay at Hyatt's when possible and felt that this hotel had a few issues that were not up to the usual Hyatt standards. Housekeeping was poor - our wardrobe had an old pair of manky socks left in the bottom ( which none of us were game to touch!), no laundry bag, toilet paper was not restocked and we ran out one day, dust all over the alarm clock and TV screen, leftover wrappers between the lounge and table etc. Every day when we would return we were unable to use any of ours keys to be get back in & had to troop back down to reception. After the 4th day it was annoying! The last time I was in reception getting it fixed there were 2 others guests with same issue - and the staff whilst very polite didn't seem overly concerned. Overall I would stay here again but only if I was getting a great deal!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank milkythemouse
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2011

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback to us. Please know that the cleanliness issues you experienced with your room will be shared with our housekeeping department so that another guest does not have to experience the same issues you did. Our room keys are very sensitive to electronic devices such as cellphones that may have been causing the deactiviation of your keys. I'm sorry for the inconveniences this caused you and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future should your travels bring you back to Palm Springs.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

I came out to the LA area to visit my boyfriend, and we decided to take a trip out to Palm Springs to get out of the dirty city. Our stay at the Hyatt turned out to be the highlight of my trip. Our adorable retro styled room was huge and the balcony was perfect for reading and enjoying a fantastic view of the mountains. For dinner we sat outside next to the fire, ate the steak salad and the chicken entree (and couldn't stop stealing food from each other's plates!), then relaxed with cocktails and watched the stars. The staff was so friendly and accomodating-they actually seemed happy to work there which really says something about a place. For breakfast I had the fritattas (really, everything I ate was so good, including the free happy hour appetizers), and after doing some shopping downtown, we retired to our pool side cabana, where we felt like royalty as we lounged with fresh fruit and bottled water. Finally, a vacation where I felt rested! My only complaint is that we didn't make time to stay there longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountians.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2011

I'm glad you decided to escape the smog of LA and take a detour to Palm Springs. It's a magical place here where one can leave their problems at home to enjoy the beauty of the San Jacinto Mountains right outside our back yard. Our staff is always waiting at the door to welcome all that enter. Next time you come to California...come straight to Palm Springs....there's no other place on earth quite like it. Don't forget to join our Facebook page to keep up on the latest and greatest happenings at the Hyatt Regency Suites. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. See you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

The hotel is beautiful. Sleek and modern. The rooms are spacious with a separate living room area. Empty fridge for your own goodies. The views are either mountain or the city. The staff at the hotel are very sweet and helpful. The only negative is the pool area. The area is small and when we were there, tons of smokers...with no relief. I guess being from west l.a., we are use to a smoke free environment.

• Stayed: June 2011
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at the Hyatt. We are very proud of the transformation and our guests love the two room suites and large balconies. Being in downtown Palm Springs also has some great advantages as it is very convenient to all the shops and restaurants and don't forget the Thursday night Street Fair. Please come back and let us pamper you.....our guests mean the world to us! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to write such wonderful things about your experience. See you soon - I hope!!