Our first time to PS and we weren't sure where to stay so we went with the trusted Hyatt name. The hotel sits right on the main strip within easy walking to shops, food, bars, etc.
The hotel has a sort of mid-70s, early 80s feel to it, but in a good way I suppose. It didn't feel old, per se, or in need of renovation, but the layout and architecture had that vibe.
Our room overlooked the city and I would recommend this over the mountain view. The mountain (back) view looked nice as well but the city view looks out for miles over the main drag, the city and desert.
The room itself was huge. We had a living room with a big corner secional, desk, dresser. Through the hall is the bedroom leading out to the balcony overlooking everything. The room was clean and cozy, the internet worked great, the bathroom was well appointed and spacious and the bed was confortable! That 70/80s vibe was still there - but it was cool!
We had our free breakfast tne next morning in the attached restaurant and it was really good. The one thing that we didn't like was the button-panel in the elevator, where it had the floor numbers and push buttons. For some reason, I noticed the numbers were hard to read and upon closer look the panel was grimey and coated in crud as if it had never been cleaned. Get someone in there to clean those panels!
We'd probably stay there again if we were to find ourselves in PS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Springs' only all suite, newly renovated hotel located in the heart of the historic village. Just footsteps from shopping, restaurants, galleries, museums, casino and theaters. Enjoy a mountain or village view from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Hyatt Regency Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Hyatt