“AWESOME”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 5 July 2011

3 familes stayed at the hotel for the 4th of july weekend , we've there before and will come back again and again , we had 2 cabana rooms and a city view room and a $75 welcome credit and we love it
upon booking i had called the hotel and requested the 2 cabanas to be next to each other but when we got there they said they couldn't ......
also during the stay i have noticed that there wasn't a single trash can in the loby nor the pool area and the staff does not pick up the trash , we ordered food by the pool and the in the cabana and from the time our food came untill we left the chairs by the pool and bowls werent picked up , i know u r suppose to pick your dirty towels to the bin , and some people dont , neither the staff , some people leave the towels behind and they dont get pick up untill 10 pm when the pool close...DEFINETLY YOU HAVE SOME HOUSEKEEPING ISSUE some other hotels and right on top of it ,,,
other than that we loveeeeeeeeee ittttttt, we love the fact that from the minute we get there unitll the minute we leave we dont see our car, friendly staff and check in and out, very roomy suites , we had stayed at many places at PS and this is our favorite, being a gold member allow us late check out at 2pm witch is awesome ,,,, love the fridge in the room ....
2 things this place need and will make it more awesome , a game room with a pool table and better HOUSEKEEPING
AND KEEPING THE POOL OPEN UNTILL 10 PM is SUPERRRRRRRRR at some of our previous stays it would close at 6pm

Room Tip: Cabana rooms are awesome
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

A happy guest makes me a happy general manager. Thanks for sharing the experience you had with our hotel on Trip Advisor. Sounds like we have some retraining to do on the housekeeping side and I will definately address this with the staff. Our pool area is so popular however - we have to stay on top of bussing the dishes, picking up the towels, etc. I appreciate the feedback and will implement procedures to make it better for all of our guests. Palm Springs is a great place to visit in the summer with the desert heat, relaxing pools, and refreshing drinks - it's the perfect getaway - and we are right in the heart of downtown. Hope to have you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,897)

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Our first time to PS and we weren't sure where to stay so we went with the trusted Hyatt name. The hotel sits right on the main strip within easy walking to shops, food, bars, etc.

The hotel has a sort of mid-70s, early 80s feel to it, but in a good way I suppose. It didn't feel old, per se, or in need of renovation, but the layout and architecture had that vibe.

Our room overlooked the city and I would recommend this over the mountain view. The mountain (back) view looked nice as well but the city view looks out for miles over the main drag, the city and desert.

The room itself was huge. We had a living room with a big corner secional, desk, dresser. Through the hall is the bedroom leading out to the balcony overlooking everything. The room was clean and cozy, the internet worked great, the bathroom was well appointed and spacious and the bed was confortable! That 70/80s vibe was still there - but it was cool!

We had our free breakfast tne next morning in the attached restaurant and it was really good. The one thing that we didn't like was the button-panel in the elevator, where it had the floor numbers and push buttons. For some reason, I noticed the numbers were hard to read and upon closer look the panel was grimey and coated in crud as if it had never been cleaned. Get someone in there to clean those panels!

We'd probably stay there again if we were to find ourselves in PS.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adavici
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

I certainly agree with you that we have a "Hip" hotel in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. We receive alot of very positive feedback from our guests and I'm glad that you also enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and I hope you come back and see us soon. Don't forget to check us out on Facebook - we always have something to say.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

We got a good rate and would stay again for the right price, but the place has seen better days. Our good rating is primarily for the great location - within walking distance of lots of entertainment and across from a golf course and small mountain. We had a mountain view suite with a wonderful relaxing view and big flat screen TVs.

On the negative side, there is a big open atrium throughout the lobby and restaurant where an event was being held. This created a lot of noise in our room. One of two slow elevators was out of commission, causing significant delays. Very obvious spilled food in the hallway near the elevator remained from the early evening when we first spotted it until at least late the next morning. Perhaps this was because everyone was focused on the setup and tear-down of the event downstairs. The was a flyer in the lobby that can be reduced to "we're having an event tonight - deal with it". Some token compensation should have been provided, but we didn't complain.

Everyone was having a great time so the atmosphere was very good. For all its faults, we will return at the right rate. I would not pay a premium for this hotel and would, instead, head for one of the nice boutique hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and providing great feedback. The event that was held in the atrium was a fundraiser for terminally ill children. We are one of many sponsors and hope that we did not disturb you too much during your stay. You picked a great weekend to be here as the weather was just perfect. I'm glad you had a good stay and hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

Yelp.com has some reviews (http://www.yelp.com/biz/hyatt-regency-suites-palm-springs-palm-springs) but I have to say, this is perfect. We are staying in a cabana suite by the pool and will be here for the week. The staff is awesome! The hotel location is perfect! Tonight is the street fair right out in front of the hotel. I guess like any business, there tends to be problems but we don't see that here!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It takes a villiage to make it work here at the Hyatt and the staff here always strives to do their best. I know that we can't please everyone but we certainly won't give up trying. I too, love the cabana suites - I wish we had more than 9. They are our biggest seller - and if I were coming to Palm Springs...that's what I would want - my own cabana suite with direct access to the pool! Thanks so much for sharing your kind words about your experience with us. Hope to see you real soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Nine of us stayed 2 nights in the PS Hyatt, and were not disappointed. The location, pool, and rooms were outstanding. We each stayed two to a double suite (along with a single) and had plenty of space.

It was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011

Fantastic....well we love it when our guests come in from San Diego to enjoy the warmth of Palm Springs and the hospitality of the Hyatt Regency Suites Staff. And you are right, we have plenty of space in our two room suites to accomodate the larger families. Hope you come back soon - I heard it's June glooom there in San Diego.....we are just now hitting the triple digit temperatures - a great time for the pool! Thanks so much for the review.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

My girlfriend and I decided to get away from the city for a birthday get-away. We were recommended this property based on the quality of hospitality and customer service.
I must say, the experience was the closest to a 5 star experience I've ever had.

The room's decor is very retro-sheek and very inviting. The balcony with a west view of the mountains, the two 42" plasmas and a nice bar, were my favorite parts of the room.

We had a late dinner under the beautiful desert moon. It was great to get away from all the cities lights and enjoy the awesome blanket of stars. I had a Herb Chicken and it was crazy-good!! It was half a chicken and asparagus and Yukon potatoes! Wow, just wow!!

After a awesome breakfast of stellar french toast, we rented a cabana pool-side. Wow! We were treated like royalty. Aside from the delicious fruit platters, we were cooled by the built in misters.

I'm excited to experience the dry heat in the middle of a Palm Springs summer. When I do, I'm totally coming back to this Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for the kiind words and excitement you generated with this review. Our staff works tirelessly everyday to provide great service and comments like this mean alot to the staff - and to me!! Come back and see us soon - the moon is brilliant in the desert clear skies!

Reviewed 11 June 2011

The location of the hotel is perfect. The suites are very spacious and nicely decorated. Every room has a balcony which is nice. I always try to stay at Hyatt's when possible and felt that this hotel had a few issues that were not up to the usual Hyatt standards. Housekeeping was poor - our wardrobe had an old pair of manky socks left in the bottom ( which none of us were game to touch!), no laundry bag, toilet paper was not restocked and we ran out one day, dust all over the alarm clock and TV screen, leftover wrappers between the lounge and table etc. Every day when we would return we were unable to use any of ours keys to be get back in & had to troop back down to reception. After the 4th day it was annoying! The last time I was in reception getting it fixed there were 2 others guests with same issue - and the staff whilst very polite didn't seem overly concerned. Overall I would stay here again but only if I was getting a great deal!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank milkythemouse
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2011

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback to us. Please know that the cleanliness issues you experienced with your room will be shared with our housekeeping department so that another guest does not have to experience the same issues you did. Our room keys are very sensitive to electronic devices such as cellphones that may have been causing the deactiviation of your keys. I'm sorry for the inconveniences this caused you and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future should your travels bring you back to Palm Springs.