“First class hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
London, United Kingdom
“First class hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I booked the hotel through Priceline at an excellent rate through the name your price option. I had often driven past this hotel but never stayed there.

All rooms are very spacious suites. I had one on the top (6th floor) facing the street - there was no street noise. All the suites also have a private balcony.

Breakfast was good - the buffet at weekends was very good value at around $19 per person.

Rather than pay for parking, I parked on the street. There is ample parking on Belardo Road behind the hotel, and a free public parking lot across from the hotel.

The hotel pool is not the largest around and it was very full and very busy at the weekend.

Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Leesw8
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
I love the title to your review....and believe me we have no "coach" rooms at this hotel. It's all about size, comfort, location and views. It means the world to us when our guests take the time to make positive comments about their experience at the hotel. At least we know we are doing it right! You should also check us out on Facebook.....you never know what kind of deal you will find there. Don't forget to stay with us next time your in Palm Springs!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

My wife and I decided to head to Palm Springs for a few days with the family. The Hyatt was a great choice, perfect location, good price, and awesome staff. We were always greeted by every employee, and they always wanted to help, even the person staffing the parking garage was helpful. We went for the cabana suite due to having 2 young children, and this was the best thing ever! The suite itself was laid out perfect with two TVs, and a mini bar. The only thing missing is a microwave, which is a little inconvienant not having with a toddler with us.

The only negative seems to be the same with almost every other review, the house cleaning is unacceptable for a Hyatt. The hardwood floors were very dingy, there was napkins and other trash behind the furniture, and one of the soap dishes in the shower had some nasty soap scum with some hair in it. We went to the front desk, they apologized and gave us a free breakfast, being we had already taken our showers we just asked that it could be cleaned the next day during their normal routine, it was not. Another trip to the desk only brought a maid immediatly to our room. Another note I almost forgot about, we had room service bring us breakfast that same morning and the tray sat outside our room untill about 7 or 8'oclock at night.
Overall we were very happy with the hotel and will stay here again, as we plan on making PS our new vacation destination. Something needs to be done about the room cleanliness, but everything else was top notch.

1 Thank JeffreyB2
Irvine, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

I cannot overstate the quality of service that we received. Every single member of the hotel staff that I encountered in my 24 hours was genuinely friendly, happy and went out of their way to ensure I was happy. This was extraordinary.

Pros:
The cleanliness and maintenance was top notch. The hotel decor is vast, open and modern. The rooms are all suites with a balcony, very large and well appointed with 2 TV, a safe, fridge and extra sofa bed.

The pool area is clean and well-staffed with plenty of clean towels provided. Good food and beverage will be brought with the wave of a hand. The rental cabana's are attractive and clean. The pool is small, but adequate.

The location is the best you'll find on Palm Canyon. A plethora of dining and shopping is literally steps form the hotel door.

The breakfast buffet was very good quality with above average selection. Once again, the service was impeccable.

Cons:
No Spa. However, poolside and in-room massage is available.

Notes:
Coffee, tea, bottled water and Internet are included in the "resort Fee". There is a charge for parking. Complementary Hors d'œuvres are served in the bar nightly.

We stayed one night on July 4th weekend, the hotel was assigned by a bid-your-own-price website.

I usually only write a hotel review when there some problem that I feel others should know about. However, every once in a while a hotel experience is so extraordinary that I must share. This place is tops.

1 Thank Smittysez
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Dear Valued Guest - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our property on Trip Advisor. This truly made my day. We strive to deliver excellence to our guests on a daily basis and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I can't wait to read this review at our next employee rally. Come back and visit us again soon and don't forget to check us out on Facebook....
Los angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

3 familes stayed at the hotel for the 4th of july weekend , we've there before and will come back again and again , we had 2 cabana rooms and a city view room and a $75 welcome credit and we love it
upon booking i had called the hotel and requested the 2 cabanas to be next to each other but when we got there they said they couldn't ......
also during the stay i have noticed that there wasn't a single trash can in the loby nor the pool area and the staff does not pick up the trash , we ordered food by the pool and the in the cabana and from the time our food came untill we left the chairs by the pool and bowls werent picked up , i know u r suppose to pick your dirty towels to the bin , and some people dont , neither the staff , some people leave the towels behind and they dont get pick up untill 10 pm when the pool close...DEFINETLY YOU HAVE SOME HOUSEKEEPING ISSUE some other hotels and right on top of it ,,,
other than that we loveeeeeeeeee ittttttt, we love the fact that from the minute we get there unitll the minute we leave we dont see our car, friendly staff and check in and out, very roomy suites , we had stayed at many places at PS and this is our favorite, being a gold member allow us late check out at 2pm witch is awesome ,,,, love the fridge in the room ....
2 things this place need and will make it more awesome , a game room with a pool table and better HOUSEKEEPING
AND KEEPING THE POOL OPEN UNTILL 10 PM is SUPERRRRRRRRR at some of our previous stays it would close at 6pm

Room Tip: Cabana rooms are awesome
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
A happy guest makes me a happy general manager. Thanks for sharing the experience you had with our hotel on Trip Advisor. Sounds like we have some retraining to do on the housekeeping side and I will definately address this with the staff. Our pool area is so popular however - we have to stay on top of bussing the dishes, picking up the towels, etc. I appreciate the feedback and will implement procedures to make it better for all of our guests. Palm Springs is a great place to visit in the summer with the desert heat, relaxing pools, and refreshing drinks - it's the perfect getaway - and we are right in the heart of downtown. Hope to have you back soon!
plymouth, mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Our first time to PS and we weren't sure where to stay so we went with the trusted Hyatt name. The hotel sits right on the main strip within easy walking to shops, food, bars, etc.

The hotel has a sort of mid-70s, early 80s feel to it, but in a good way I suppose. It didn't feel old, per se, or in need of renovation, but the layout and architecture had that vibe.

Our room overlooked the city and I would recommend this over the mountain view. The mountain (back) view looked nice as well but the city view looks out for miles over the main drag, the city and desert.

The room itself was huge. We had a living room with a big corner secional, desk, dresser. Through the hall is the bedroom leading out to the balcony overlooking everything. The room was clean and cozy, the internet worked great, the bathroom was well appointed and spacious and the bed was confortable! That 70/80s vibe was still there - but it was cool!

We had our free breakfast tne next morning in the attached restaurant and it was really good. The one thing that we didn't like was the button-panel in the elevator, where it had the floor numbers and push buttons. For some reason, I noticed the numbers were hard to read and upon closer look the panel was grimey and coated in crud as if it had never been cleaned. Get someone in there to clean those panels!

We'd probably stay there again if we were to find ourselves in PS.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adavici
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
I certainly agree with you that we have a "Hip" hotel in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. We receive alot of very positive feedback from our guests and I'm glad that you also enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and I hope you come back and see us soon. Don't forget to check us out on Facebook - we always have something to say.
S. California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

We got a good rate and would stay again for the right price, but the place has seen better days. Our good rating is primarily for the great location - within walking distance of lots of entertainment and across from a golf course and small mountain. We had a mountain view suite with a wonderful relaxing view and big flat screen TVs.

On the negative side, there is a big open atrium throughout the lobby and restaurant where an event was being held. This created a lot of noise in our room. One of two slow elevators was out of commission, causing significant delays. Very obvious spilled food in the hallway near the elevator remained from the early evening when we first spotted it until at least late the next morning. Perhaps this was because everyone was focused on the setup and tear-down of the event downstairs. The was a flyer in the lobby that can be reduced to "we're having an event tonight - deal with it". Some token compensation should have been provided, but we didn't complain.

Everyone was having a great time so the atmosphere was very good. For all its faults, we will return at the right rate. I would not pay a premium for this hotel and would, instead, head for one of the nice boutique hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Thanks for sharing your experience with us and providing great feedback. The event that was held in the atrium was a fundraiser for terminally ill children. We are one of many sponsors and hope that we did not disturb you too much during your stay. You picked a great weekend to be here as the weather was just perfect. I'm glad you had a good stay and hope to have you back in the near future.
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Yelp.com has some reviews (http://www.yelp.com/biz/hyatt-regency-suites-palm-springs-palm-springs) but I have to say, this is perfect. We are staying in a cabana suite by the pool and will be here for the week. The staff is awesome! The hotel location is perfect! Tonight is the street fair right out in front of the hotel. I guess like any business, there tends to be problems but we don't see that here!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It takes a villiage to make it work here at the Hyatt and the staff here always strives to do their best. I know that we can't please everyone but we certainly won't give up trying. I too, love the cabana suites - I wish we had more than 9. They are our biggest seller - and if I were coming to Palm Springs...that's what I would want - my own cabana suite with direct access to the pool! Thanks so much for sharing your kind words about your experience with us. Hope to see you real soon!