Palm Springs sits close to a number of other towns that merge together on the valley floor with mountains surrounding it. The hotel is well placed as a base to explore the surrounding area and is also close to the majority of restaurants recommended on Trip Advisor. Rooms are a good size, living room, medium size bathroom, large bedroom and balcony overlooking the pool area. Staff were polite, helpful and willing to give recommendations as to places to go and also restaurants. Nothing out of the ordinary, not a character hotel nor with a personal touch but more than met our expectations. Plenty of underground parking beneath hotel, $15 a night. Resort fee of $15 also levied per room supposedly to cover wifi, water and use of the facilities (there again I'd have presumed the nightly rate would have done that!). Given the hotel is right in the heart of downtown there are plenty of places within an easy walk. Guides in the room were detailed and gave a good overview of all types of restaurant; we tried a woodfire pizza place, Matchbox, which was fine, nothing out of the ordinary but equally nothing negative. If we'd had more time the Mexican Las Cuselas looked good. For breakfast, much more successful - there's Cheekys a short walk away that has a great range of options, more funky, Californian style mix of omelettes, burritos, cereals...or alternatively Shermans, a diner that was full when we visited, has been around for decades, typical blend of bagels, smoked salmon, traditional breakfast fayre and some of the largest cakes we've ever seen! Other recommendations for visit - the cable car to the top of the mountain just outside of Palm Springs is fantastic (but be prepared for a big temperature change...it was 86 degrees when we started out, closer to 50 at the top!); head out of the Premium Outlet stores near Cabazon, about 20-30 minutes from Palm Springs, huge number of shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Springs' only all suite, newly renovated hotel located in the heart of the historic village. Just footsteps from shopping, restaurants, galleries, museums, casino and theaters. Enjoy a mountain or village view from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Hyatt Regency Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Hyatt