“Nice hotel!”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Went up to Palm Springs for a bachelor party weekend. Had two suites at the Hyatt. Rooms were large, clean, and had nice decor. Front desk staff was nice and knowledgeable and were able to get our rooms ready early. Pool was small but the area and vibe was nice. 3 bars on property and the inside bar serves Stone on tap with free happy hour appetizers, major pluses. If I go back to Palm Springs, I'll definitely stay here again. Walking distance to bars, restaurants, shops and the casino!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank the_beach_911
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

One of our biggest challenges is getting our early arrival guests into their suites before 4pm - especially on Saturdays as our in-house guests don't want to leave...and the arriving guests come early! We certainly do everything we can to accommodate and I'm so happy we were able to get you in early! Thanks for staying with us and come back soon. We have the Forever Marilyn sculpture in downtown Palm Springs...you have to see it!! Beautiful.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Palm Springs

Reviewed 7 May 2012

The location of the Hyatt in Palm Springs really cannot be beaten. It's a short (like 3 or 4 minute) walk from LG's, Falls, Matchbox, Chophouse etc which are all in the main little area of Palm Springs, so although we had a car, we really only used it once when we went exploring/shopping out to Palm Desert etc.

Hotel wise - I often wonder how different reviewers can go to the same place and seem to see such totally different things. This is a Hyatt, so of course it's not 'cute' or 'historic' like some in the area - but it's done out very nicely. The front area has like an open lounge with a bar, the reception area is very modern. The rooms are excellent - kind of like a motel setup almost with the doors facing onto the outside - but that's just the Palm Springs style. The rooms themselves look like they were refitted recently. All suites, very big and spacious, clean, comfortable beds etc. We were in 203 which is probably one of the worst by location, because the ones below have their own little patio onto the pool, and the ones above have a better view of the mountains - but honestly it was absolutely fine. Nice view of the pool/mountains if we wanted it, close the drapes if we didn't.

What else? Oh, we got a good rate including breakfast, and normally I would like to eat outside to get some 'local flavor' - but we had the coupons so we had the breakfast every day in the dining room, and have to say it was really excellent. I'd say one of the nicest breakfasts I've had for a while. Not stuffy, nice selection of buffet stuff, plus we could order off the menu as well. I think it would be like $20 each without the coupons but both the food and the service actually made it very worth it I thought.

Didn't get to the workout area so can't comment on that. Pool - that was nice. Small, not like a 'scene' pool, but we're late 40's, wanted to be comfortable without the boom boom boom music and lots of annoying 20 somethings. So there were 20's and 30's there, plus some kids etc, but all in all it was kind of relaxed, clean, comfortable, relaxing without being annoyingly 'hip'. I liked it - not the best I've ever experienced, but small, solid and clean. Goodness knows what one of the reviewers was rattling on about cleanliness - didn't see any issues there.

Staff - I think I'd agree that a lot of the staff were young and sometimes not 100% best ever - but ALL were very friendly, personable, eager to please etc. Again, I thought they were fine. As I said, the breakfast guys were very good I thought. Oh yeah - nice omelets Sat/Sun. Yummers.

So, all in all a great location, nice clean hotel, good value all around. I'm very glad we booked there and the only reason I wrote this review (which I don't normally) was because my wife was reading the negative ones and I almost missed a very nice stay and experience because of the crazy stuff she was reading. Do yourself a favor, go book this place and have a nice time. Unless you're Donald Trump or a movie star expecting 5* luxury and glam, you'll have a very nice stay and get the real 'Palm Springs experience'.

Room Tip: 1's are on the ground some onto the Pool. 3 and above get the mountain views. 2's are stil...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew P

Thank you very much for writing this wonderful article on our hotel! I certainly know that everyone has their own decorating taste and that we are not going to appeal to everyone (I guess that's why we post pictures of our hotel on our website) but I agree with you...we have a very cool, hip, fun hotel in downtown Palm Springs and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed it very much! We look forward to having you back at the hotel soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had the best weekend a family could ask for. The Hyatt Palm Springs made a relaxing 30th Wedding Anniversary very special. We were very lucky to have booked two nights with the Hyatt through Jetsetter and we were very pleased. The property has been totally redone and nothing is left overlooked. The hotel is very clean, calm, relaxing, modern and spacious. From the front desk staff (Corey and Joanne :), the bar, the breakfast restaurant to the exceptional pool staff, we only encountered helpful, smiling faces.

We rented a cabana for one of the days which was lovely. $175 for the day which also included a $50 food and drink credit. We had a lovely cabana, a welcome sign, a manager who was prompt in getting us the furniture we needed and we would highly recommend doing this. Enjoyable with a fan and misters. Although, there were plenty of chairs and umbrellas for everyone. The only thing we didnt like was the pool food and drinks. Unfortunately, the food at the pool was so beyond salty that we didnt eat most of it. The drinks were also very weak and just didnt taste good at all.

We had breakfast in the hotel one morning and it was beyond excellent. We highly recommend the American breakfast buffet.

The room was perfect. A large suite with a sitting area and two double beds. Housekeeping was wonderful and did a good job both days. We also had a refrigerator in the room (which is 100% needed in Palm Springs), two bottles of water each day (included in your resort fee) and a very nice balcony. The bathroom had great water pressure in the shower and toiletries.
The hotel is friendly to smokers as there is an entire rooftop area for smokers to lounge which my dad appreciated. (Its far away from those who are non-smokers). It is also pet friendly and we only saw two dogs during our stay. They also have a huge fitness center.

A few more pluses: A great lounge/bar in front of the hotel, great live music. We were also granted a late checkout and it really made a great impression on us. Every time we asked for this or that, a staff member was able to help and grant our wishes. What else could you ask for? Ohhh wait, they are also on Palm Canyon Drive which makes the location of this hotel, well, perfect.

We will surely return to this wonderful property.

Room Tip: High floor, view of the pool gets a lot of sun but also the mountains, street view can be noisy, eve...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Many thanks to you for sharing your experience with our hotel and writing such a fabulous review. Nothing pleases us more than making memories for our guests and I'm so happy that the staff went above and beyond for you! I will be sharing this feedback at our next employee rally! Hope to see you again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I had a prepaid reservation at this hotel. When I checked in, I was charged an extra $15 a day for a "resort fee". I declined to pay... I asked for a refund... but none of these was possible, and they were nasty in their replies.
Now, before you say I'm a real cheapskate, it's not about the money, and I stay at good places at more-than-avergage prices. I just don't like it when one price is quoted, and a different price is charged when you show up. It's deceptive.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank toby3254

It certainly is not our intention to deceive any guest. We clearly explain all of our charges on our website and our central reservations department always explains the resort fee and parking charges. The additional charges are also on the e-mail confirmation that you recieve via e-mail. However, if you made your reservation on Priceline or Hotwire, then these charges are not explained in detail - they just print that additional fees my apply. We are very competitive with all the large resorts in Palm Springs which makes us an overall great value for our guests.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Hyatt Palm Springs for 1 night during the Coachella music festival. This hotel is beautifully kept, with an awesome pool area. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable, with a balcony view of the mountains/street. We were facing the street and it was very quiet. The restaurant at the hotel offers complimentary appies from 5-7pm (veggies & dip, mini burritos, pico de gallo, etc) which was a nice touch. We ate at the restaurant in the bar, the service was great and the portions were large. Although we ordered simple sandwitches, it was very good. The pool area is to die for, with cabana seating, misters, and personal fans. Bar service is frequent and reliable! Hotel has plenty of vallet parking for a reasonable price of $20 per day (considering of course the caliber of this hotel). Loved our stay! :) Would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jessicav85
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

I'm so happy to read that you had a great stay with us as we strive to always be hospitable and provide clean and safe accommodations for every guest. Palm Springs is about getting away from the hustle and bustle of every day demands and I'm glad you were able to enoy the getaway! Thanks so much for taking the time to express your experience on Trip Advisor. See you next year for Coachella Fest!!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I am the kind of hotel guest that pays attention to detail.

We did have a mishap in our first room where the toilet overflowed. That was unfortunate but I realize these things happen. The hotel staff handled it nicely and professionally. WE were moved from a street view room to a mtn view room. Notably, Engineering responded rapidly and offered us breakfast vouchers, which was very nice.

Here's my experience....

I noticed trash and cigarette butts in the landscaping out by Hoodoo's Bar. I realize guests will toss cigarettes and trash on the ground but the hotel staff should constantly be inspecting the property to make sure it always looks in tip-top condition. I noticed the trash and butts Wednesday evening, and they were still there Thursday afternoon!

The Pool:
The Pool Deck was FILTHY. It needs to be pressure washed or at the very least, hosed down daily. The bottoms of my feet and my husband's feet would turn black from walking from our lounge chairs to the restrooms. Our pool towels would get soiled from our feet. Also, the drain grills were clogged with debris.

The Front Desk Personnel:
I had left my straw hat poolside on Thursday. On Friday morning, I asked the front desk girl if it had been turned in. She barely listened to my whole explanation before telling me nothing had been turned in. She barely looked up at me and definitely didn't check the back office. On Saturday morning, I called the front desk to see if the hat had been turned in. I was left on "perma-hold" and hung up. However, upon checking out, I asked the front desk employee who made the effort to check in the back and it was there!

Our room:
As mentioned, In our first room, the toilet overflowed so we were upgraded from a street view room to mtn view room. The view was better. The plumbing seemed sketchy and we were concerned about another overflow. Fortunately that didn't happen again. The room was pretty clean but we found an empty tequila bottle behind the curtains. The room was also lacking an ice bucket.

Dining Room:
While eating breakfast, the table across from us was a group of Hyatt hotel management conducting interviews. I work full time and the last thing I want to overhear on vacation is someone being interviewed for a position at the hotel. It made for a less than enjoyable breakfast experience. I can't imagine that there aren’t other rooms or other areas out of guests’ ear shot where interviews can take place.

Some positives:
The best part of staying at the Hyatt P.S. is the location. It is awesome that the hotel is walking distance to so many to shops and restaurants!
I asked for a Cabana to use at no charge because of the room issue. We were graciously accommodated. Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised that the Cabana included water and fruit which I was not expecting. In addition, we were allowed to use the Cabana at no charge the 2nd day (less the fruit and water which was fine).

The pool staff was really great, especially Miriam. She actually went out of her way to try and find my straw hat by asking other pool staff members and housekeeping. She also offered great customer service.

The day we ate breakfast in the dining room, the waiters were really great and offered excellent customer service.

I apologize for the lengthiness of this survey response but I think it can only help your hotel. Honestly, if someone were to ask me where to stay close to downtown Palm Springs, I’d probably have to refer them to the Hilton or the Renaissance. I’ve stayed at both hotels and had much better experiences there.

Room Tip: Stay on the Mountain View side of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie M
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Average is not good for us....we always want to be the BEST - and sometimes we fall short on our goals of delivering that experience we strive to provide. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.....I will be reviewing this with our staff to ensure we pay attention to the details. I hope you come back and stay with us again....we must of had an "off" day and would love to have you experience the wonderful service and accomodations that I know creates lasting memories for our guests.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I really don't post many reviews but I had to write about my stay at the Hyatt! I was on business and had such a wonderful week. Service was awesome. Pool was great. If I needed my car they had it out before I came down the elevator! German especially was terrific. The room was well decorated and very comfortable. I slept soundly in a hyper-allergenic room. I was working split shift
Then on my last night when I was coming in from work I stopped to have a nightcap at the hotel bar. I have to say Michael had me laughing for hours!!!! He's a regular stand up comedian! Really made my stay! I will be back in a few months and looking forward to staying at the Hyatt!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank kallisonSD

Yeah! I truly enjoyed reading your review. We have some great employees here who always go above and beyond and I'm glad you got out of your hotel room and enjoyed the staff and amenities that we have to offer! Palm Springs is such a great place to visit and it is our goal to put a smile on every face . Thanks for making my day and I can't wait to have you back. I'll be sure to share this with all employees and give special recognition to German and Michael for a job well done.