“Bad pool side service”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We waited 1 hour for our food. They passed us up for the first hour. Then took another hour after to get our food. The server was a this rude girl that only took her time with the guys in the pool that were tipping her alot for buckets of beer. I think over a hour for food is unacceptable!!! But after i spoke to Anthony he handled the situation. I wasn't the only one that day. The lady next to me had to actually go in the bar area and yell she was tired of waiting for her french fries.!!!Also frid night when my TV wasn't working. I called 3 times to the front desk. Finally at 11pm I decided to just go to sleep. I have NEVER had a bad experience here. But this pool side experience was unacceptable! Getting a good tip from guys shouldn't be a reason u ignore the women ordering around the pool.David Jesse u did a good job with poolside service. To the girl that was working with them sat June 14th around 6pm, learn to be considerate of ALL guests. For a good example Lucia at the front desk was generally caring! Good job!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank melindamelon
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

melindamelon,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We strive to provide excellent service for all of our guests. Unfortunately we did not live up to this standard for you during your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments to our Food & Beverage manager. We will use your feedback further train and coach our staff. We will improve!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a level 3 tier of Hyatt. I personally think resort fee + mandatory valet parking fee adding close to $50 is a little too much expense at this level of facility.

Rooms are okay, the ones facing mountain has a decent view. Spacious, clean enough and comfortable enough for this level.

Hotel itself is a little off from the most crowded streets (about half a mile). That makes it a little quite in the room, but requires you to walk.

Swimming pool is okay. However, it gets highly populated. Not recommended for family as most of the crowds are young groups partying and drinking. Due to the high crowd, the quality of the water is also pretty bad, which makes it even worse for family usage.

As of June, 2014, there's a construction for another hotel right next to it.

I would only recommend this place, if you get a very decent deal that could compensate the extra $50, and if you're not a family group with small kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kunhyuk K
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Kunhyuk K,
We strive to provide all of our guests with excellent service and accommodations. I apologize we did not live up to this standard for you during your stay with us. We do have a smaller pool but I assure you it is very sanitary. Our pool has an excellent view of surrounding mountains and neighboring golf course. We also feel our hotel is a great location in downtown Palm Springs. We are at the very start of the downtown Strip....near casinos, restaurants, shopping and the whole shebang!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this property last weekend because I am on the Board of Directors for a Chamber of Commerce, and the Chamber had planned a retreat at this property - meetings Friday and Saturday. So, we decided to spend the night Friday rather than drive four hours round trip to go home and back.
The property is immaculate, the employees are gracious and friendly, check-in was a pleasure, and the meeting rooms we were using for the weekend were kept stocked by unobtrusive,friendly staff during our meetings. Our room (suite - are they all suites?) was spacious, clean and comfortable, with beautiful views of mountains. Had it not been so hot, we would have loved the balcony. My husband and I are generally Hyatt fans, and we plan on coming back to Palm Springs once it cools off a bit, to check it out a little more. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor - we had friends on the 6th .. they said it was a little warm and hard to c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Adria P,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We loved having your Chamber group stay with us. We hope you and your husband will back it back to stay with us again soon. We will keep a mountain view suite ready for you (yes...they are all suites!). We know it’s hot but you can always chill yourself at the pool...with the same great mountain views.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beware of the resort fee. Hyatts way of charging you for literally nothing. I spent 7 hours in the hotel asleep. I did not even turn the TV on yet you are presented with a $20 charge on check out.

The room was dirty especially the bathroom. I you like showering with pubic hair of the previous occupant this is your place!

Food was expensive and bland

The staff at reception were rude and not interested when I arrived.

I do not normally complain but this place really did deserve a negative review considering the brand they are meant to represent

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steven S
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Steven S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from you stay with us. We apologize for all of the troubles you encountered. This is not the typical feedback receive. We will most definitely use your comments to further train and coach our staff. We will improve...for you and for all guests. We do hope you will stay with us again soon so you can experience our improvement.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Wish this wasn't a business trip because it was such a nice hotel and perfect location! Smack dab in the center of the town with all shops and restaurants at your doorstep.
The mountain view is also the pool view so it can get a bit loud but the alternative is the street view which can also get a bit loud.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

savvystew,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your business trip to our hotel in Palm Springs. We are looking forward to you coming back on a longer vacation next time in Palm Springs. The Hyatt Palm Springs is in the perfect location to enjoy area restaurants, shopping or casinos. Or...you can just lounge poolside and enjoy our beautiful mountain views!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I decided to come to Palm Springs for our honeymoon. I have very mixed reviews about this hotel. First off the staff are super friendly, the room itself was nice but the AC did not work at all and AC is a MUST in Palm Springs we were so uncomfortable and hot and could not sleep all night, the second night I told front desk about the AC not working so they sent a repair guy to come "fix" the problem, he never fixed anything so the second night we had no working AC as well. When we checked out I mentioned to the lady that the AC did not work the entire trip and she waived the resort fee which was nothing since we hardly got any sleep and it was supposed to be a nice romantic weekend instead we got no sleep due to being so hot at night. The resort fee is ridiculous it does not even include valet which you HAVE to valet your car for 25 bucks a day. Thats 55/ day for valet and resort fee. Won't be staying here again we just came back from the Hard Rock and had such a better stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kirstibabie

kirstibabie,
I apologize we were not able to help make your honeymoon the special event it should be. This is not the typical feedback we receive and truly want to make this right. We know you only have one honeymoon but we would love the opportunity to prove to you this was an isolated event. Please contact me directly when traveling back to Palm Springs. We will set this right.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel was great, my boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights and the room was very spacious had a separate living room area. It was quite pricey but the location is perfect compared to other hotels we have stayed at. The pool is kind of small but over all the hotel is nice, would return again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

MelissaN_42,
It’s been awhile since your stay with us! We invite you back to stay with us this summer. We are still in the same great location but have made several changes since you were here last. You will enjoy all of our improvements! We do hope to see you again soon!