“Lack of service makes this a very average hotel”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Denver
“Lack of service makes this a very average hotel”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came up from the oc for a short getaway. The size of the room was great. Location was very good walkable to several restaurants and bars. Pool service was very poor/slow and it wasn't busy. We had to ask for a pool menu 3 times. Finally we ordered from the restaurant. I lost my sunglasses at the pool. I was told to check back in the am at checkout. It took over 50 minutes (no joke) for the hotel staff to check lost and found. If they hadn't been ray bans/my favorite pair, I would of left.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aimeegus
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
aimeegus,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. I apologize for the delays you experienced with the service provided. We will use your feedback to improve upon the offerings of our hotel. The service will improve. We do hope you will stay with us again soon to experience our improvement firsthand.

-David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed 2 July 2014

As a Hyatt Platinum member my husband and I frequently visit different hotels in the chain. We chose this Hyatt for our first trip to Palm Springs based on the location and close proximity to everything in town. What we got was so much more than just location! Everyone in the staff was beyond nice! Darlene at check in gave me recommendations on mid century modern architecture and was so sweet to send a thank you note to our room! That gesture really enhanced our stay! Lucia at check out was also wonderful and gave us tips for our future trips to Palm Springs. The decor was very modern and exactly what we wanted in the design mecca of Palm Springs. Our room was gorgeous with a balcony overlooking the golf course mountains behind. Right outside the doors were restaurants, shops and art galleries all within walking distance. It was a perfect stay and we can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
joy0302,
Thank you for the feedback. We are excited you and your husband so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope you will stay with us again in Palm Springs soon! Our team will have many more wonderful suggestions for you to help explore Palm Springs and the whole Coachella Valley.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for 9 nights for a venue that we were attending at the hotel. Regarding our venue needs Jasmine and Krystal were amazing in attending to any want/need. Antonio was an encyclopedia of knowledge on the area, was always attentive and was a joy to speak to you at any chance encounter. The housekeeping staff is incredible. These ladies were efficient, always friendly and smiling and attentive to the point of noticing that I have long hair and stocking my suite with extra conditioner. The only drawback is that I also stay at Hilton's often and upon booking extended stays and a conference room we are offered discounted or complimentary breakfast coupons upon checkin. Regardless, I'll be back soon and I look forward to it.

Room Tip: Rooms with the patio facing the pool better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gonein321
RoamingRegions,
WOW! Thank you so much for the excellent review. Antonio, Jasmin, Krystal and the whole team truly go the extra mile to ensure our guest have the best possible time at out hotel while in Palm Springs. We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Our team will continue to WOW you with their service and genuine sincerity. Have an excellent day!

MICHIGAN
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights in June 2014. Had a horrible experience checking in (won't go into details - trust the lady manager will truly further train or relocate the clerk). EXCELLENT customer service from the Concierge Krystal (?). Caring & compassionate gal - I appreciated your efforts on my behalf! Danielle at the front desk was great too. Lady manager (sorry - forgot your name) was truly involved and serious about resolving issues, which was appreciated.

Had serious cleanliness issues in our room. Lady manager was very concerned and attempted a couple of times to resolve the issue. After 1 1/2 days of the same problem not being addressed, she caught me exiting the hotel late afternoon & asked if everything was now ok. I said "nope - still the same" and invited her to go to the room and see for herself if I am an overly picky guest, or one with a very legitimate gripe. She definitely agreed and provided extremely satisfactorily compensation for the problems we encountered, and that is appreciated. My preference is, always, to have an exceptional stay / vacation and pay for it in full. Time is precious and I prefer to enjoy every minute of it when on vacation. If I were Hyatt, I would definitely fire the Housekeeping Supervisor that allegedly checked my room multiple times to make sure the issues was properly taken care of. Just saying.

Not a facility worthy of a resort fee, for sure. It is an older hotel a little "long around the tooth", smallish pool area. The location is EXCELLENT. Some of the staff was truly OUTSTANDING. So, they have some things to build on, but definitely have work to do, IMHO. Had a suite on 6th floor. Partial wall when exiting main elevators allows view of lobby below. The glass panels on the wall were filthy. Not a little. A lot. All 2 nights & 3 days we were there. They definitely need to do some touch up painting in the public hallways - at least on floor 6.

FREE PARKING on the street immediately behind the hotel running for many blocks. We did NOT use the valet service/garage but parked on street with no problems.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HAYDEVIN
HAYDEVIN,
Thank you for the excellent feedback. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We apologize for all of the troubles you encountered during your stay with us. We will use your feedback to further train and coach our team to ensure all guest rooms are cleaned to our high Hyatt standards. Thank you again for the feedback. We hope to have you stay with us again soon so you can experience our improvement.

Redding, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed the weekend at the Hyatt Palm Springs. It is in a great location and within walking distance to most things in the downtown area. We had a room facing the street side, and had a great view from our patio of the bustling downtown area. Staff was friendly and the pizza I got poolside was pretty dang good. I like the room layout, with separate living and sleeping spaces. Very spacious room.

The bad: I could not believe the odors in this place. I think that they must have just recently cleaned the carpets or something, because it had such a mildew smell...which was a total surprised in the desert! We called the front desk and were told that it was something to do with the a/c unit. Later in the day we started noticing a pungent sewer odor. I can only imagine that the smell was emanating from the drains/shower. It was pretty rank. Also saw a roach outside of one of the rooms (inside the building) and I can only imagine that it is because room service plates were left outside of rooms for the better part of the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BQTraveler
BQTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Our hotel is in the perfect location for exploring Palm Springs. Also, our new pizza oven does turn out some very delicious pizzas. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping team. We will address the areas you mentioned. We will improve for you and all future guests!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. Every single staff member from the valet, to reception to the attendants by the pool were amazing.

We had such a great time, the hotel rooms are large and have views of the beautiful Palm Springs mountain range. This hotel is centrally located to many great shops and dining options.

For the most part we took advantage of the pool. The prompt service and amazing attention by Tamara helped make this experience great. She was quick to attend to our needs, always available to take our food and drink orders but never overwhelmed us. Her service was caring and made us feel like this hotel really loved us.

Thursday nights there seems to be a street fair right outside of this hotel. The noise and number of people around don't interrupt the experience at all. Weekends get packed, the pool had plenty of people but also did not distract from the experience.

Its hard to try and explore the other great hotels when you get treated like you do at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RJM1980
RJM1980,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Tamara is new to our team but she has proved herself to be a superstar in her short time with us. I will forward your comments to the whole team so we can celebrate Tamara. Thank you again for the excellent review. We hope to see you again soon. We will continue to make it difficult to want to explore other Palm Springs hotels!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was there a couple weeks ago to go hiking in Joshua Tree with my wife. The Hyatt Palm Springs architecture is really consistent with the beauty of Palm Springs. Inside opens up and has a great mountain in the back with a golf course. Hotel staff was really nice up front and quite helpful. Luckily they upgraded us to a bigger room with the mountain view. The room seemed pretty clean of all dust including the ac air filters (Learned a lot from the Hotel Impossible guy) . The hotel was in a great location and middle of everything.

Hotel cleaning must regularly change the sheets and duvets on a daily basis please. That is the message you must send to the cleaning staff.

When we stay in 4/5 star we expect the highest standards and for the hotel to live up to them. There were some issues we had in our stay and this feedback would of been a 2 bubble if it weren't for a female manager. We brought our issues up to her and she really took of us. This manager is amazing!!! They should promote her.

Room Tip: This is a non smoking hotel. For you smokers, when smoking in the patio please ash in a glass cup wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MagicCity420,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are very pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Joshua Tree is beautiful and just a short drive away from the Hyatt Palm Springs. We do hope to see you all again soon when you plan to hike Joshua Tree again. We will have another beautiful room with the mountain view ready for you!