1st trip to Palm Springs with my daughter's cheer team. Walk into this beautiful hotel very modern. Go to check in, and they tell me my room is ready and it seemed as though it would be smooth sailing and a wonderful experience. Well the room being ready was about the only thing easy.
I was told there would be a hold placed on my credit card which was okay, only to find out later (when I checked my bank account) that the hold was on top of the charges - when I called to verify the charges with the front desk I was told that the hold will stay on my card for 30 DAYS!!! Imagine my surprise - being that this was not spelled out to me during check in or when I made my reservation. On top of the front desk staff having an attitude and rude because I was asking the reason for such a long hold. While the staff member was talking to me the staff member attempted to have a conversation with another customer, never asking me to hold or tell the other person that they will be right with them. The staff just went about answering they questions to where I told them I am still on the phone. Very unprofessional.
Rooms are nice - but lack blankets. Had to call SEVERAL times to get two extra blankets. Called room service for plates and napkins - which NEVER made. Had to call four (4) times to get towels in order to take a shower!!!!!! Was very tempted to go back down stairs to the pool area and get towels, it would have been a lot faster. I mad the four calls because three out of the four calls fell on death ears, guest services goes straight to voice mail majority of the times.
And the worst thing is the things (yes things, more than 1) I found under the bed. But I will save you from the gut turning that I experienced.
Pros: Beautiful lobby, nice looking rooms
Cons: Horrible services, unreasonable length of hold time, under the beds, oh and did I say SERVICE was bad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Springs' only all suite, newly renovated hotel located in the heart of the historic village. Just footsteps from shopping, restaurants, galleries, museums, casino and theaters. Enjoy a mountain or village view from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Hyatt Regency Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Hyatt