“A Diamond in the Desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Diego
“A Diamond in the Desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

This hotel is outstanding. The hotel was rennovated in 2009 and is very hip, slick, and comfortable. I took my wife and children there for a weekend getaway and from the moment we checked in until the moment we left, the staff treated us like we were the only guests in the hotel. The pool area is amazing with Bose speakers, cabana's, a pool bar and large swimming pool with a waterfall. Hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The balconies in the rooms are very large with great views of the golf course. I definately will go back to this hotel next time I'm in Palm Springs.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 23 June 2010
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt and allowing us to host your family weekend. We are delighted you enjoyed the hotel and facilities and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back another time in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles,CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

I was looking forward to the unwind time here with my cousin. Spending 5 days at the Hyatt after there beautiful remodel while in L.A. sounded like a great idea.

Pull up the location is great. You could walk anywhere you care to. Once inside the remodel was nicely done. The person that checked us in wasn't as nice she could have been based on the long check in process I saw her go through before me. No biggie, my room is nice. UNTIL we,realised all the remodel money went to paint and furnishings. Becuase the walls were so thin I could join in conversations next door to me.

Noone could ever tell me why I had a handicapped room. Which in the long run didn't matter because we were the next day...of course it took 12 hrs to get our luggage. Our new room involved a party with girls screaming and furniture moving.

In all we were finally able to have a quiet night sleep after being there for 2 nights. What a waste. Speaking of waste $20.00 for a piece of cake because there was noone at the resturant to start and when someone showed up they said no problem we'll take care of it. (it should have been $6.95)

The pool area was nice. Sadly for a "resort" the bar area was closed and the one waitress that I saw dropped off a menu while she left an order never to return.

I could go on until my fingers bleed needless to say I won't be returning anytime soon to this location ...or any Hyatt just because of this experince.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Dahliah
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 22 June 2010
As you and I have communicated extensively following your trip I am surprised that you did not mention our conversations and give the impression of our indifference. I am sorry you were disturbed by the various parties and activities going on at the hotel. Weekends are very busy and many guests are in a party mood and while we endeavor to control our guest's behavior, we cannot always be succuessful in preventing it from starting. We can and do stop it from continuing as we did in these cases. As I have apologized to you for these disturbances and been very generous in our resolution for these disturbances, I will close by suggesting that you might select dates other than weekends to return to Palm Springs.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

I've read that this hotel was remodeled. It was nicely done. I appreciate the suites since there's a separate sitting area from the beds. The walls are slightly thin so I can hear people outside from time to time. But I didn't mind since I only heard them if they were loud and I was in the sitting area. I heard nothing while I was in bed and slept fine.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Thank you for your visit and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

The facility and location are really nice. The suite has a living room and bedroom with new, modern furniture, and the pool area was quite attractive. The location is also downtown within walking distance of everything. The hotel also has a great fitness center where you can do a full workout-- a rarity for hotels. Finally, there is plenty of public parking right behind the hotel so you do not have to pay the hotel fee for parking.

However, the customer service was about the worst that I have ever seen at a hotel. The front desk was unhelpful and gave us terrible directions, the housekeeping staff did not clean our room for 2 days despite repeated requests, and the hotel did not clean up the pool area on a busy saturday. By the end of the day, garbage and wet towels covered the entire area. Talk about ghetto!

Anyway, I would recommend this hotel if you are prepared to put up with poor customer service.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank JericoTraveler
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 17 June 2010
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed the suite, fitness center and amenities. I apologize that we failed you in providing you the level of customer service and attention that one expects. I will review this with our Guest Service Agents to ensure this is not repeated. As you will know during your visit, the pool terrace was very busy all day and our attendants were working throughout the day keeping the area as tidy as possible with the number of guests. I am sorry it was to the level you required.
We hope that you will again on a non holiday weekend and allow us to regain your confidence.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

I stayed 3 nights here over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel recently went through a major renovation resulting in a great modern looking hotel, spacious suites, and comfortable beds. The pictures on their website resemble what you see in person. The color scheme of brown and orange, apparently has been revived from the 1970s, but is decorated in a classy modern style. I brought my dog to stay with me, as this hotel is extremely pet friendly. Location is good if its first time to Palm Springs and you are interested in exploring the town. The pool area seems a little small, although I only used the outdoor hot tub. Staff is extremely friendly. Door man / Valet is always available. I only have 2 minor complaints: 1) It does not appear that they have a Concierge on site (if they did, I never saw him/her); 2) despite having a flat screen TV the reception quality was fuzzy. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010
Thank you for your comments and kind words. We were delighted to have you with us. All of our Guest Service Agents have been trained to provide Concierge services and any of them can assist you for any needs or special requests. I apologize for the picture quality. We have installed 42" HD flat panel televisions in anticipation of our cable provider bringing high defination service to our location. This is not yet offered and we will be making that transition as soon as it is availble. Thank you again for staying with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

I had to fly into Palm Springs for a series of business meetings in late April. I was impressed by the location, in the heart of everything. All the rooms in this hotel are suites so the size of the room was great. I was able to get all stuff for work spread out easily. The staff was very friendly and helpful as I needed directions to various locations. I did get a few free hours free and loved the pool area. I found everyone in Palm Springs very friendly. There are lots of restaurants nearby and I enjoyed Las Casuelas. (Late night service at Califonia Pizza Kitchen was a bit slow and disorganized. The food at the hotel was good especially breakfast. I would definitly return.

• Stayed May 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us and to Palm Springs. We hope to be able to welcome you again in future.
Rancho Cucamonga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

The desk said the fees are outlined on the website, but could only be found after booking your reservation. This only applied to the "Spa" or resort fees. (Pool towels, water, WiFi, etc...) There is also a $15/night charge for parking. Come on... Do they really expect me to park on the street? The "incidentals" fees were never found on the website. The incidentals are $100 for the first night and $50 for each night after. These fees would be reimbursed after checkout, but could take up to a month to hit your account. Most hotels I stay at don't charge for these incidentals until you check out. There's no hold.
What could I POSSIBLY spend on incidentals that could warrant $100 and $50 night???
I won't be staying at ANY Hyatt anymore.
They advertise their rooms for $129, but figure it out...
Room - $129.
Parking - $15
"Spa" - $12.
True cost per night = $156.
Beyond that they put me above the outdoor bar. Made for a noisey night, and the matress was too soft. Woke up with a backache....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank silvasp
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry you were not aware of the Resort Fee, which we, along with most other hotels in Palm Springs have in place. If you go to www.Hyatt.com and go to our hotels website, this information is clearly listed on the main page and we also advise at check in. We want our guests to be fully aware of all possible charges, including Resort Fee and parking fees. With regard to the "incidental charges" I am not clear on what you refer but I believe you may be referring to the credit hold that is placed on your credit card at check in for projected room charges, taxes and an amount for "possible" incidental charges, which we have estimated based on an average past experience here. In any hotel guests ordering breakfast, having parking charges, cocktails, room service or other charges could easily charge an amount such as this and authorization is made at check in to allow for this. Again, this is a standard hotel practice in full service hotels so you should be aware when visitng other hotels so that you do not encounter a problem with credit holds in future.

Thank you again for sharing your comments.